• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

December Wrasslin' |OT| Dreaming of a Vanilla Christmas

ngower

Just noticed that NXT's coming to Nashville in about a month. Only just moved here a few months ago. Is it depressing to go to a wrassling show by myself? Should I buy an extra ticket and bring a homeless person?

Just noticed that NXT's coming to Nashville in about a month. Only just moved here a few months ago. Is it depressing to go to a wrassling show by myself? Should I buy an extra ticket and bring a homeless person?

Whenever I have gone to a show alone I usually end up talking with people when grabbing drinks or whatever. Most people are usually quite friendly and happy to talk shit.

Fox318

kGkIpYS.png

SHOOTMAS Day 16

Mickey Gall vs ROH/WWE's Phil "CM Punk" Brooks

eK2ZMWJ.gif

I think this will be the last of the complete fail beatdowns I'll cover but I think I think its important to cover this fight and show how shoot style wresting has sadly been pushed out of Professional wrestling. Punk is directly a result of professional wrestling moving away from training guys like real athletes. He is an entertainer not a fighter. No matter how long he trained (which some of the rumors are indicating he tried to push himself on the fight team when he needed to train with beginners). Gall came in with a brown belt and more importantly past experience fighting. Punk may say he wasn't in this for the money and revenge at the people in WWE but he tried to protect his value way too hard for me to believe that. He was more concerned with protecting his draw despite him not really hyping the fight up with promos. He was actually pretty respectful and I think when he saw the work and effort pro fighters put in I wonder if made him realize he couldn't carny it up and come across as speaking the honest truth.

If you want to hear a breakdown of the fight Luke Thomas from MMAfighting.com has a great breakdown here. So many things like his position on bottom to his footwork in the beginning simply wouldn't happen to 70% of amateur fighters and wrestlers.

One thing that I honesty believe Gall took from training from Punk was understanding the entertainment side of combat sports with his post fight promo. He understood that him calling somebody out and directing both the fans and the company to a fight that not only made sense but can draw was fucking smart. He even tried to make it a hair vs hair match. I understand fighters want to be respectful and frankly any gym that isn't built on a code of respect isn't one that could train great fighters but until we live in a world where skill overcomes carny noise you have to be able to blend the two.

https://www.ufc.tv/video/mickey-gall-vs-cm-punk-ufc-203-miocic-vs-overeem

Past Days

Fox318

Hoping that's what happens in the WrestleMania X8 main event that I'm probably going to put off until coffee in the AM.

Seriously, though, how does this show continue after Hogan/Rock? I probably would've left.

people did.

Pretty much every HHH main event is known for people leaving the stadium early.

I'm at NXT Riverside and it's about halfway through and it's a great show so far. Asuka just defended against Ember Moon and it was dope. Crowd is hot too. Live wrestling, I'm into it!

Tagyhag

Hoping that's what happens in the WrestleMania X8 main event that I'm probably going to put off until coffee in the AM.

Seriously, though, how does this show continue after Hogan/Rock? I probably would've left.

I still can't believe that wasn't the final match, it's such a perfect thing to go out on. Trips and his ego.

The most recent example I can think of them doing the same mistake was this year's No Mercy.

Adree

In a true christmas miracle after watching Total Nonstop Deletion I like Broken Matt now. That was a fun mess of a show. TNA should be like that all the time, it'd probably get old fast but fuck it, why not try?

Shooting roman candles at a drone looks like a lot of fun.

Top Bottom