• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

December Wrasslin' |OT| Dreaming of a Vanilla Christmas

Adree

Since OwensIsNow and I seem to be the only cool people that listen to the We Watch Wrestling podcast I thought I'd share a bit from the latest one where Matt McCarthy brings up the Tom Casiello story by Meltzer:

He somehow decided my dear friend and old co-worker Tom Casiello being fired by WWE was a news story. I heard him say.. well first of all Tom worked with the women, absolutely, but I mean it was like he made it sound like Tom was the reason for the entire women's revolution inside the company. That he singlehandedly was like telling Vince "No, push the women", on Observer Radio he said that Tom was #3 in creative behind Vince and Paul and when I texted that to Tom Casiello I've never seen more "Hahahahaha"s in a text

He wasn't really bagging on Meltzer but more to point out that Meltzer only can report what he's fed since wrestling doesn't operate like other sports industries and that his sources can be a bit overdramatic.

Push WeWatchWrestling!!! It's the best wrasslin' podcast out there if only for one of the host booking of Titus for Survivor Series. I was dying. Join me and Adree in trip dub universe. Marks.

Menome

PKudHE0.gif

NXT Riverside, pretty fun! Never been to a show but it was cool that they came to my hometown, less than 10 minutes away from me.

-Opened with No Way Jose vs. Riddick Moss, who the crowd instantly had a good time hating ("WE DON'T KNOW YOU" chants quickly got "YOU STILL SUCK" added to it). Good spots involving his gold vest too. Fun opener.
-Liv Morgan vs. Aaliyah - Liv is uh, not great, but the crowd was receptive to her entrance (the theme maybe?). Aaliyah actually was kinda impressive, though, if still a bit green.
-Patrick Clark vs. Tino Sabatelli - this was a point of discussion earlier, but sorry, Tino is not the guy. Patrick has some vague Prince-ish gimmick that was pretty funny, though!
-Wesley Blake came out after the match to cut a promo calling everyone garbage and trash. No joke, he had nuclear heat. He's "Beautiful" Blake now and challenged Patrick, only to lose in about 90 seconds. "Brian Kendrick" chants (he had a white jacket on).
-Asuka (c) vs. Ember Moon was the shit and honestly, probably the MOTN.
-DYI (c) vs. The Revival, great stuff. Both teams actually cut backstage promos for this show; apparently, Candace LeRae is from here! All the dudes are great at playing to the crowd, plus the SoCal crowd loooved the PWG guys. But fuck, The Revival's theme song live is so delightful. SAY YEAH
-Oney Lorcan vs. The Drifter - Samson had probably the most heat of the night. He attempted to play a song (that no one could hear through the boos), paused midway through to let the boos cool a bit, and said "wait, I've got more" and they picked right back up again. Lorcan teased smashing the guitar and Drifter pleaded with him not to, preferring to be hit with it himself. It didn't get smashed and Drifter won with feet on the ropes, with i believe the only heel W of the night. Lorcan's kind of "generic WWE babyface" when it comes to the mic. Not a bad talker but it'd probably work better for him if he didn't.
-Joey Samoey comes out and gets a great reception from a sorta home crowd - he went on to call SoCal the greatest state in the world, on the best coast in the world, but everyone still knows that Riverside sucks. Cheers. Which is very Riverside, actually. But he "wasn't medically cleared to compete" so he sat ringside and got semi-involved with the main for a bit before being sent to the back.
-Tye Dillinger/Shinsuke Nakamura vs. Bobby Roode/Andrade Cien Almas - ACA came out first, which is good because compared to the other three entrances, which all got equally huge reactions, he just came off as some dude. But he was good in the match, and him and Roode had great chemistry. They all expertly played to the crowd, too (like, Roode did corner turnbuckle punches, which the crowd chanted 10 for, and he looked confused each time. it was hilarious). Nak hit his moves of doom on Andrade and that ended the show.

Yeah, a good time. I recommend going to NXT. Not many huge surprises outside of getting Ember Moon/Asuka (and I guess all the Aussies stayed after the tour there) but it was a solid show. Of course maybe it's less exciting if you actually regularly attend indie shows live but idk about those

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
In no order

- Overwatch
- Titanfall 2
- Doom
- Stardew Valley
- Planet Coaster
- American Truck Simulator
- Watch Dogs 2
- The Division
- Forza Horizon 3
- Ratchet & Clank
But there's still a bunch of stuff I bought during Black Friday that I haven't played yet

A lot of the story based, big adventure stuff I was disappointed by(Deus Ex, Quantum Break, and Mafia 3), and I found myself enjoying a lot more different things. Soothing, slower paced games mixed with frantic multiplayer. Stuff where story and big theatrics was pushed to the wayside. Which isn't usually how I am.

Adree

In no order

- Overwatch
- Titanfall 2
- Doom
- Stardew Valley
- Planet Coaster
- American Truck Simulator
- Watch Dogs 2
- The Division
- Forza Horizon 3
- Ratchet & Clank
But there's still a bunch of stuff I bought during Black Friday that I haven't played yet

A lot of the story based, big adventure stuff I was disappointed by(Deus Ex, Quantum Break, and Mafia 3), and I found myself enjoying a lot more different things. Soothing, slower paced games mixed with frantic multiplayer. Stuff where story and big theatrics was pushed to the wayside. Which isn't usually how I am.

This has been a crazy year for gaming all told. Tons of good games for every taste.

Browny

Banned
Phrases I used whilst explaining to Mrs Browny about why I'm looking for a new job and why this one sucks:

(About the office politics)
"It's all about the game and how you play it."

("After a while you learn which battles to fight, and which you give up on as a lost cause.") "And you can't teach that."

Although it's probably worth bearing in mind I quoted Father Ted whilst talking to our 3yo about differences in size:
"These are small, but those are far away."

Thank fuck it's Friday. CV is all up to date, and I can now fire off a few applications.

Menome

-Oney Lorcan vs. The Drifter - Samson had probably the most heat of the night. He attempted to play a song (that no one could hear through the boos), paused midway through to let the boos cool a bit, and said "wait, I've got more" and they picked right back up again. Lorcan teased smashing the guitar and Drifter pleaded with him not to, preferring to be hit with it himself. It didn't get smashed and Drifter won with feet on the ropes, with i believe the only heel W of the night.

DRIFTCEMBER

lkNSIxY.gif

Kurita

Phrases I used whilst explaining to Mrs Browny about why I'm looking for a new job and why this one sucks:

(About the office politics)
"It's all about the game and how you play it."

("After a while you learn which battles to fight, and which you give up on as a lost cause.") "And you can't teach that."

Although it's probably worth bearing in mind I quoted Father Ted whilst talking to our 3yo about differences in size:
"These are small, but those are far away."

Thank fuck it's Friday. CV is all up to date, and I can now fire off a few applications.
WHat a mark

NXT Riverside, pretty fun! Never been to a show but it was cool that they came to my hometown, less than 10 minutes away from me.

-Opened with No Way Jose vs. Riddick Moss, who the crowd instantly had a good time hating ("WE DON'T KNOW YOU" chants quickly got "YOU STILL SUCK" added to it). Good spots involving his gold vest too. Fun opener.
-Liv Morgan vs. Aaliyah - Liv is uh, not great, but the crowd was receptive to her entrance (the theme maybe?). Aaliyah actually was kinda impressive, though, if still a bit green.
-Patrick Clark vs. Tino Sabatelli - this was a point of discussion earlier, but sorry, Tino is not the guy. Patrick has some vague Prince-ish gimmick that was pretty funny, though!
-Wesley Blake came out after the match to cut a promo calling everyone garbage and trash. No joke, he had nuclear heat. He's "Beautiful" Blake now and challenged Patrick, only to lose in about 90 seconds. "Brian Kendrick" chants (he had a white jacket on).
-Asuka (c) vs. Ember Moon was the shit and honestly, probably the MOTN.
-DYI (c) vs. The Revival, great stuff. Both teams actually cut backstage promos for this show; apparently, Candace LeRae is from here! All the dudes are great at playing to the crowd, plus the SoCal crowd loooved the PWG guys. But fuck, The Revival's theme song live is so delightful. SAY YEAH
-Oney Lorcan vs. The Drifter - Samson had probably the most heat of the night. He attempted to play a song (that no one could hear through the boos), paused midway through to let the boos cool a bit, and said "wait, I've got more" and they picked right back up again. Lorcan teased smashing the guitar and Drifter pleaded with him not to, preferring to be hit with it himself. It didn't get smashed and Drifter won with feet on the ropes, with i believe the only heel W of the night. Lorcan's kind of "generic WWE babyface" when it comes to the mic. Not a bad talker but it'd probably work better for him if he didn't.
-Joey Samoey comes out and gets a great reception from a sorta home crowd - he went on to call SoCal the greatest state in the world, on the best coast in the world, but everyone still knows that Riverside sucks. Cheers. Which is very Riverside, actually. But he "wasn't medically cleared to compete" so he sat ringside and got semi-involved with the main for a bit before being sent to the back.
-Tye Dillinger/Shinsuke Nakamura vs. Bobby Roode/Andrade Cien Almas - ACA came out first, which is good because compared to the other three entrances, which all got equally huge reactions, he just came off as some dude. But he was good in the match, and him and Roode had great chemistry. They all expertly played to the crowd, too (like, Roode did corner turnbuckle punches, which the crowd chanted 10 for, and he looked confused each time. it was hilarious). Nak hit his moves of doom on Andrade and that ended the show.

Yeah, a good time. I recommend going to NXT. Not many huge surprises outside of getting Ember Moon/Asuka (and I guess all the Aussies stayed after the tour there) but it was a solid show. Of course maybe it's less exciting if you actually regularly attend indie shows live but idk about those

Glad you had a good time, friend.

Patrick Clark really sells his gimmick well, I thought he looked great. I hate to say shit like this, but he was carried by Wesley Blake when I saw them, big time. It was really, really obvious, his offense looked bad and Blake selling for him made it look really weird. It was unfortunate but I have a lot of hope for the dude, he is charismatic as fuck. I agree about Tino too. Not good, charisma vacuum. He tagged with Moss against TM-61 and they were both bad (Tino and Moss), unfortunately. 'Please go away' heat personified.

Samson got huge amounts of heat at the show I was at too. Even before he started singing songs and doing what he does everyone was screaming at him. He played the crowd pretty well too.

Glad you had a good time, friend.

Patrick Clark really sells his gimmick well, I thought he looked great. I hate to say shit like this, but he was carried by Wesley Blake when I saw them, big time. It was really, really obvious, his offense looked bad and Blake selling for him made it look really weird. It was unfortunate but I have a lot of hope for the dude, he is charismatic as fuck. I agree about Tino too. Not good, charisma vacuum. He tagged with Moss against TM-61 and they were both bad (Tino and Moss), unfortunately. 'Please go away' heat personified.

Samson got huge amounts of heat at the show I was at too. Even before he started singing songs and doing what he does everyone was screaming at him. He played the crowd pretty well too.
Yeah Tino and Moss were used fine at this show, cuz they were booked as generic opening goobers but that's pretty much where the only good use I can see for them rn. Agreed about Patrick, he's not all there yet but I think he's gonna improve decently

And I forgot to mention that Samson stopped midway through the match to play a song on the ring apron. Idk if that's a thing he just does now but I think I've come around on him!

Ff15 and Doom are my top two for sure, I just can't determine what the other three are

Damn TLG having an annoying camera, would have been top 3 for sure otherwise

Road to Tokyo Dome Spoilers

Toru Yano made his return from being part-time in NOAH. He low blowed Makabe, Honma, Tonga, and Roa, and announced he wants in the Tag Title match at WK11, and his partner will be Ishii.

Top Bottom