• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

December Wrasslin' |OT| Dreaming of a Vanilla Christmas

Kujc0S8.jpg

YES, mate. This is going to be awesome, the past and the future of British indie wrestling facing off in a first-time-ever meeting for a German promotion running a show in London. 2017 already off to a weird start.

one of those matches i never would have thought of putting together

Since retiring, there’s only been one time I actually dreamed about wrestling. In my dream, I was wrestling against Kurt Angle.

I had him clamped in a headlock. I was breathing hard and I remember telling myself: “This is only a dream, it’s not real.” But the longer I held Kurt in a headlock, I started to believe it was real. I focused on a square inch of fabric on the canvas and studied it. In my dream, I remember feeling this excitement telling myself that this was real, that I had Kurt Angle in a side headlock somewhere. Then, seconds later, I simply woke up. It was a dream. It would’ve been pretty cool for me to have that one chance to wrestle Kurt Angle one time.
http://www.si.com/extra-mustard/2016/12/16/wwe-bret-hart-prostate-cancer-update-interview
Only marks dream about wrestling.

I had a dream about wrestling and high school musical last weekend. I was back in the 10th grade 😦

Kacho

Gold Member
I can safely say my dislike of HHH is not a hivemind mentality. It's based around the belief that HHH always rode the coattails of other more successful wrestlers for most of his prime and parlayed that into trying to retroactively convince people he was good and then we he had the spotlight to himself he was exposed as being a really mediocre wrestler who also killed mainstream appeal of the business.

Fucking nailed it. HHH was a good guy to have around but he was never the guy like he and the WWE wanted you to believe. I hate when the WWE make the first incarnation of DX more about HHH and not HBK. The way they try to control the narrative is maddening.

ROTJ is the weakest Original Trilogy movie by far. It's still pretty good but it can't hold a candle to Empire or New Hope.

Also fuck the Ewoks. Little shits.

Sephzilla

ROTJ is the weakest Original Trilogy movie by far. It's still pretty good but it can't hold a candle to Empire or New Hope.

Also fuck the Ewoks. Little shits.

A New Hope is the weakest link. It has the shoddiest acting of the three. Its pacing is kind of whack. Vader is a super one note character in A New Hope and isn't even the main villain. Luke is whiny and Leia isn't that likable. The thing is, A New Hope is also the one that's most heavily shielded by nostalgia goggles.

A New Hope is the weakest link. It has the shoddiest acting of the three. Its pacing is kind of whack. Vader is a super one note character in A New Hope and isn't even the main villain. Luke is whiny and Leia isn't that likable. The thing is, A New Hope is also the one that's most heavily shielded by nostalgia goggles.
The focus of New Hope is on the Death Star so it's not surprising that Vader isn't the main villain, it's just established how powerful he is. And yeah he's a little one note but Luke hasn't influenced him yet, he's fully consumed by the Dark Side.

Leia you can understand because a) she's a princess, b) being part of the Rebellion means she's probably already seen a lot of shit and c) her entire planet was destroyed. It's not surprising that she's not all that likeable or approachable.

I'll give you Luke

Shooting truth bullets.
Let's not forget the first half hour or so mostly revolves around C-3PO abusing his mute buddy as they roam around with rather stilted one way dialogue.

Sephzilla

Shooting truth bullets.
Let's not forget the first half hour or so mostly revolves around C-3PO abusing his mute buddy as they roam around with rather stilted one way dialogue.

Yeah, C-3PO is kind of a dick in the first third of the movie. Like, he's fully aware that Leia is a member of the Rebellion and likely knew what their mission was, but then gets pissed off when R2D2 is doing shit for the Rebellion on the direct order of Princess Leia.

Menome

I would also like to point out that Han Solo was my favourite character of the Original Trilogy. I don't know if it's safe to elaborate on that yet.

KO has deleted most of his tweets. I guess he was worried someone would find something from his past days that might not be family-friendly.

I still laugh at Bayley having to delete all tweets where she's saying fuck all over the place.

I don't know if this was discussed, but is there potential for Broken Matt Hardy to start his own indie promotion?

He and Jeff's contracts are up in the early year (January might be their last month in TNA). They're a major draw right now, with the Broken stuff completely rejuvenating their career.

If they pursued it, it sounds like they'd have money for it, and they'd absolutely have an audience. Only question would be could they get TV or streaming distribution

Top Bottom