• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

December Wrasslin' |OT| Dreaming of a Vanilla Christmas

Don't make me call my good friend The Wall

He's busy on NBC.
nbc-the-wall-12092016.jpg

UberTag

I just watched the main event, WWE is flooding us with PPVs I just can't take it

RAW+Smackdown+NXT+PPV every 2 week is too much, it's so saturated that i've just stopped watching all of them
And you know what their answer will be don't you? "MORE CONTENT!"
It's impossible to even get excited for WrestleMania anymore seeing how it will be a bloated 7-hour drawn out mess of Triple H and Stephanie promos, Roman nap time and part-timers rehashing their gimmicks from 25 years ago.

The world used to stop for WrestleMania. Even the RAW after Mania used to mean something. Now it's all wholly and entirely disposable.

Anth0ny

It's impossible to even get excited for WrestleMania anymore seeing how it will be a bloated 7-hour drawn out mess of Triple H and Stephanie promos, Roman nap time and part-timers rehashing their gimmicks from 25 years ago.

The world used to stop for WrestleMania. Even the RAW after Mania used to mean something. Now it's all wholly and entirely disposable.

wrestlemania isn't even canon anymore

they book it for all the people who tune in one time a year, then undo it the next night on raw/smackdown/the next ppv

Sephzilla

people still giving Nintendo the benefit of a doubt in 2016

people still getting worked by Nintendo in 2016

Nintendo fans

in 2016

I'm still waiting on the inevitable major Nintendo fuckup that's going to hurt the Switch. It's either going to be shit battery life, the tablet portion is going to be cheap as fuck, they'll under supply the market, or they're going to botch online stuff again.

Well, at least they didn't 50/50 another best of 7 this year
hKPGrkS.png

Ultimately nothing changed though. So the status quo is still 50/50

Sephzilla

Speaking of Rumblin', who has a >0% chance of winning next month?

Speaking of Rumblin' again, when's the WrassleGAF Avatar Tussle?

I'll be taking care of the Avatar Rumble. I'll be posting stuff about it after New Years and it'll probably be the weekend of the Royal Rumble

My mistake last night was rewatching the Cesaro/Zayn 2 out of 3 falls match prior to the PPV, enjoying the opening tag involving Cesaro and then transitioning into Zayn's awful story against Strongman.
It was all downhill from there.

Foggy

I'd just like to point out that Charlotte, in about 9 months, has won the Women's Championship more times than Roman Reigns has won the WWE Title

I was okay with that honestly. That kind of shit happens in UFC

Typically doesn't happen with a loosely applied heel hold after 2 minutes with the crowd chanting the countdown. The fact that she was like that for 2 minutes shows it was a normal storytelling beat and very little basis in shoot storytelling. That and the stretcher spot from HiaC has made Sasha look like a geek.

Update on the curse

Owens retains, result decided about thirty minutes before the match because it's been a fortnight since Gregor and Vince will have flip-flopped onto a new idea.

Sasha wins to break Charlotte's PPV streak. Bayley turns up tonight or on RAW to challenge her, referencing her past Iron-Woman match.

Sami Zayn wins as David to Braun's Goliath, using some form of trickery to bring him down.

New Day retain. They're not dropping until the Rumble.

Rusev beats Big Cass to further the feud. Will be a 2v1 handicap match down the line.

2 out of 5, 6 counting the Bayley challenging Sasha thing.

Anth0ny

How WWE sees it: The MONSTER Braun Stroman DESTROYS Sami Zayn, but though heart and resilience, he makes it to the 10 minute time limit.

How everyone else sees it: that little midget sami zayn just got fucking tossed around like a jobber that I will never take seriously, but the idiot braun stroman didn't pin him and finish the match for some unknown reason

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I said it before, I'll say it again.

Hogan having a chokehold on the WCW title might have been an ego thing but it also made every title win feel important from 96-98

Striker

It's WWE artificially trying to make something "historical" like smackdown on the mid 2000's where Edge had 600 title wins .

It means nothing
Er, Edge had a lot like that because he was always signaled as the Ultimate Opportunist. Fits the character, especially since he lost the title pretty fast after.

If anything, having this on-going, never-ending Sasha-Charlotte feud goes back to Orton and Cena. Commentary dictated how truly impactful and important it was, and it had as many title swerves.

cringe.

radio shows should never take calls. they have always been terrible.

But then we would have never had the golden timeless moment of Dave and Bryan becoming increasingly baffled and exasperated throughout the week as they keep getting calls from people saying "so WCW's done, but when is it coming back"

Finished Roadblock this morning:

-- Tag match was straight awesome and I thought I would be in for a good PPV

-- Zayn / Braun was an absolutely bore of a match. So much potential hear to have a good david vs goliath. Instead we got more Mick bullshit

-- Rollins / Jericho I literally fell asleep during this

-- Cruisereight again was a bad match. I just don't get Kendricks or Parker at this point. Neither one is doing much of anything for me

-- Iron (Wo)Man Match was something of an oddity. I liked that they kept the pace slow in the beginnign because far too often I feel these two go 0-60 way to fast and we get botch central. The slow burn to a first pin wasn't awful, but the problem was it resulted in 4 pins inside of 8 minutes. Ultimately resulting in a tie and extending the match even more. There was literally no reason to call this an iron man match

-- Owns / Reigns I half-watched because I can't be bothered with Reigns anymore. I'm sick of hearing "SUPERMAN PUNCH" or "SPEAR SPEAR SPEAR"

This guy was a level above,

Sasha lost because Charlotte is a HHH level politician
Nia Jax should be pushed
Jericho and owens is terrible
What? I haven't heard anything about Charlotte having any backstage pull. If anything HHH is the one calling the shots for this since he probably considers Sasha and Charlotte to be success projects of his. Just because she's the champ once again doesn't mean she's the one going 'yeah let's bury her'.

Top Bottom