• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

December Wrasslin' |OT| Dreaming of a Vanilla Christmas

Hasney

John Morrison and r truth were a tag team

So random

Leading to the greatest heel turn of all time.

r-truth-smoking-wwe-raw-o.gif

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I do too. It could be better executed but I do like the premise.

Rollins vs Triple H at Mania would personslly be cool.

I mean, its happening and it makes sense they held it for WrestleMania instead of just having HHH show up all the time.

I have no idea what they're going to do with the Universal title for WrestleMania though. The only plausible face v. heel match they can do is Finn Balor v. Kevin Owens and that's not exactly a match that screams "world title match at WrestleMania." The imbalance of faces v. heels has gotten pretty bad, really. Particularly in comparison to what these guys *actually* are.

Angelina

Banned
Aj dropping belt to taker would be awesome then taker wrestling cena at wrestlemania with taker dropping to cena as a final for taker would be awesome.

Aj and cena has happened too much i think already. Its the problem they did with cena and owens one match was good so they get a hardon and over do it

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Aj dropping belt to taker would be awesome then taker wrestling cena at wrestlemania with taker dropping to cena as a final for taker would be awesome.

Aj and cena has happened too much i think already. Its the problem they did with cena and owens one match was good so they get a hardon and over do it

Cena needs his win back.

I'd rather part time Cena go over AJ than the dude who looks like he nearly died in his last 3 matches

Seriously. Taker is boring now (always kind of was) and he's old as fuck. All the luster of him being this crazy strong scary guy died 15 years ago.

Cagey

Banned
With overdue apologies to Data, the Shield trio have undeniably been the worst part of their respective feuds for at least two months and some (Ambrose) longer.

It's Monday tim for your weekly dose of Verbiage

At Roadblock: End of the Line, Chris Jericho stunned the WWE Universe when he hit Kevin Owens with a Codebreaker, which led to Roman Reigns being disqualified and KO walking away with the WWE Universal Title.

As the six-time World Champion held KO’s arm up in victory, it became clear that the perceived rift between the two “best friends” was nothing more than a ruse all along. However, Reigns and Seth Rollins weren’t impressed with the trickery and proceeded to unleash a vicious post-match beatdown on both Jericho and Owens that left destruction in every direction.

Rest assured, this conflict is far from over. What will Raw General Manager Mick Foley have to say about it? Will Reigns and Rollins be looking for further retribution? Will The Big Dog get another title opportunity? One thing is for sure: Everybody better get ready for a truly volatile Raw.

The longest tag team vhampionship reign in WWE history came to a close at Roadblock: End of the Line when Raw Tag Team Champions The New Day were finally overcome by Sheamus & Cesaro.

The Celtic Warrior and The Swiss Superman proved what a powerful tandem they can be when they are on the same page. However, when Cesaro paid respect to Big E, Kofi Kingston & Xavier Woods and Sheamus didn’t, it quickly became clear that there is still friction between the new titleholders. Will they be able to co-exist now that they are on the top of the mountain?

Sami Zayn did it. At Roadblock: End of the Line, The Underdog from the Underground survived 10 minutes against Braun Stroman. Yet, on Raw Talk, Zayn made it clear that he is not satisfied with just surviving. Will the gutsy competitor once again step up to The Monster Among Men? For that matter, will a walking mountain like Strowman come looking for him?

miserable

things I DON'T want to see at Mania:

AJ losing

Cena winning the title

Brock vs Goldberg again

Reigns winning the title

Balor winning the title

HHH in a match

Rock doing his stupid shtick again

Rusev jobbing

all these have a high chance of happening, right? :/

ReiGun

Undertaker is at the point where watching him in the ring is more sad and nerve wrecking than anything. Who ever he goes against this year, let it be the last match.

Angry Grimace

Pretty excited to see Pete Dunne in the WWE in some capacity

I also couldn't tell, but are they going to have Finn competing in this?

Finn wouldn't be competing even if he wasn't rehabbing a torn labrum, which he is.

Finn's last two matches in WWE were him going over the top 2 stars on Raw clean to win the World Title.

Angry Grimace

Jericho not actually turning on Owens was pretty obviously telegraphed to me. Jericho has a super-over catch phrase that he uses on people he doesn't like and the fact he didn't put Owens on the list seemed like a pretty obvious sign they were holding it off.

There's also the fact that in the end I don't suspect Jericho is going to turn on Owens, its going to be the other way around.

Sephzilla

I still maintain that Cena/Taker doesn't have nearly the appeal now that The Streak is gone and Cena isn't really SuperCena anymore.

Undertaker is at the point where watching him in the ring is more sad and nerve wrecking than anything. Who ever he goes against this year, let it be the last match.

While I'm cool with Taker still doing Mania, I do kind of agree with this. It's getting to the point where I do worry that he's going to really hurt himself one of these years. The dude is still super lucky he didn't snap his neck with that one dive against HBK at WM25

Angry Grimace

The problem with trying to guess at what's happening at WrestleMania is that there's so many random fucking dudes who need a spot on the card that haven't done enough this year to actually justify it, e.g. Randy Orton.

I'm having trouble thinking of a match I'd want to see less than a hypothetical Dean Ambrose v. Randy Orton match at WrestleMania.

Hasney

I'm so with you on this. Taker can't go anymore.

But I liked to see for the rumble.

Broken Hardy

Angle, Joe & Hardy(s) would be the best Rumble surprises ever.

The problem with trying to guess at what's happening at WrestleMania is that there's so many random fucking dudes who need a spot on the card that haven't done enough this year to actually justify it, e.g. Randy Orton.

I'm having trouble thinking of a match I'd want to see less than a hypothetical Dean Ambrose v. Randy Orton match at WrestleMania.

The theory is that Orton joined the Wyatts to take on the Undertaker at Mania. Disagree anyway, Orton with the Wyatts has been more entertaining the anything on the other half of the brand split alone.

UberTag

things I DON'T want to see at Mania:

AJ losing

Cena winning the title

Brock vs Goldberg again

Reigns winning the title

Balor winning the title

HHH in a match

Rock doing his stupid shtick again

Rusev jobbing

all these have a high chance of happening, right? :/
Well, Cena, Roman and Balor can't ALL win the title so you're at least, rightfully, tempering your expectations somewhat. There will be at least one disappointing event on your list that will not come to pass.

Angelina

Banned
Do you honestly think they're going to have the ellsworth story going into Rumble to the point of it being a legit championship match?

Even if it doesnt how can they hype a cena aj match where aj beat him clean wheb just after he loses at elsworth 3 times.

Its completey destroyed the whole story of aj having that clean cena win n then hes gonna job to cena. Fuck off

Angry Grimace

Angle, Joe & Hardy(s) would be the best Rumble surprises ever.

The theory is that Orton joined the Wyatts to take on the Undertaker at Mania. Disagree anyway, Orton with the Wyatts has been more entertaining the anything on the other half of the brand split alone.

I suppose, but its not like we haven't seen Orton v. Undertaker at WrestleMania, at a point at which both men were far better in the ring and had a far better built-in story.

Holy crap jack swagger has been in WWE for 7 years Jesus

I'm always surprised when I'm reminded that Alicia Fox debuted in mid 2008.

Ricochet/Osprey was so good

I can't believe marks had a problem with it, marks

Don't know a worked shoot when the shoot works a shoot into your work, marks

Toki767

I finally got around to watching Total Nonstop Deletion.

So it was basically just a super elaborate
Matt/Reby baby announcement
paid for by TNA right?

Matt Hardy really is a genius.

"The Monster Among Men"

that's a new one
When was the last time WWE come up with a half decent nickname for someone? The only one I can think of in the last 10-15 years in The Lone Wolf for Baron Corbin cos while it's generic at least it fits and doesn't sound stupid.

Sephzilla

The Legend Killer > The Viper

Also, didn't the Viper nickname come up just around the same time when Orton was RKOing people all the time for no fucking reason and trying to make Orton basically Stone Cold 2.0?

Top Bottom