• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

December Wrasslin' |OT| Dreaming of a Vanilla Christmas

Anth0ny

Worst PPV of the year: Wrestlemania

Biggest piece of shit scumbag: Alberto Del Rio (thank god he was off TV, or else he would have been in the running for worst wrestler)

Best gimmick: THE LIST

Worst gimmick: Zach's gradez

Best moment:

Goldberg+pyro.gif
Goldberg+spears+Brock+Lesnar.gif
Goldberg+jackhammers+Brock+Lesnar.gif

Worst moment: Wrestlemania 2000 getting a D

Carny moment of the year: Vince telling Brock to bust Randy Orton open hardway without telling anyone backstage the finish to "work the boys", proceed to follow this "angle" with absolutely no follow up, ever

Carny of the year: Do I even have to say it?

Anth0ny

worst match of the year has to be Roman vs. HHH

might be the worst wrestlemania main event ever. easily the worst "crowning of a new guy" moment ever. no one gave a FUCK about roman or HHH in that match.

Best WWE conspiracy theory is HHH intentionally booking the road to WM 32 that way so he could get himself over for once because the WWE universe was in anyone but Roman territory.

There's not a doubt in my mind HHH genuinely believed he was the only one who could get Reigns over, and all he needed to do it was giving himself one more Rumble win and one more world title reign

worst match of the year has to be Roman vs. HHH

might be the worst wrestlemania main event ever. easily the worst "crowning of a new guy" moment ever. no one gave a FUCK about roman or HHH in that match.

I agree. 3H became champ just to pass it to Roman. It was a waste of a title.

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
Are people SERIOUSLY still spouting that HHH was never over garbage? Do I really need to point to the RIDICULOUS pop for his 2002 return? Your favourite wrestler will probably never get a reaction like that.

Sephzilla

There's not a doubt in my mind HHH genuinely believed he was the only one who could get Reigns over, and all he needed to do it was giving himself one more Rumble win and one more world title reign

If you payed attention to the WrestleMania 30 stuff about Daniel Bryan, HHH not too subtly hints that he believes he played a major role in how fucking over Bryan was going into WrestleMania 30 (which itself isn't true). So I have no doubt that in HHH's mind he thought he could do the same with Roman.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Best WWE conspiracy theory is HHH intentionally booking the road to WM 32 that way so he could get himself over for once because the WWE universe was in anyone but Roman territory.
To be frank that's absolutely true for the Royal Rumble.
Not the never over part. HHH is always OVAH.

If you payed attention to the WrestleMania 30 stuff about Daniel Bryan, HHH not too subtly hints that he believes he played a major role in how fucking over Bryan was going into WrestleMania 30 (which itself isn't true). So I have no doubt that in HHH's mind he thought he could do the same with Roman.
I believe it. After all, Cena helped propel the yes chants.

HHH so insecure he's still the only wrestler who has a shirt swearing he's over

Game Over on the front, You're Goddamn Right I'm Over on the back

Terrible buildup
Ambrose wrestling
Overdone Suplex City gimmick
My real issue was the match got built-up as Ambrose knowing that his only chance of beating Brock is to go to hell and back with whatever weapons he could get his hands on, which included a chainsaw and a barbed wire bat. Worked us into thinking we were gonna see one hell of a brawl where Ambrose could lose but look tough in that he fought and kept getting up while Brock would look his usual destroying self.

But Brock must have known by then he was going to the UFC in a couple of months since Ambrose more or less said in the Austin podcast Brock couldn't give a fuck about his ideas so what we got was just ten minutes of suplexes with some kendo sticks, a few chair hits, a low-blow, a missed suplex onto a pile of chairs, one F-5 and that's it.

Sephzilla

That pop for Austin's music during that Mankind match is still some of the most thunderous shit I've ever heard. That as well as Hogan's moment in WM18.

BTW Zach, did you get around to watching WM18?

He isn't wrong.
One big pop. Cool, I can count many big pops that other wrestlers have gotten. Hunter couldn't cut the mustard and wasn't as over as he thought he was. After that Mania main event it was back to being in the background while the real players carried the stick. Noticed how business dropped when he tried to be the guy?

Numbers don't lie, if he was so over he didn't need the help of Austin or The Rock to keep the ratings going.

So fuck him.

Zach

Are people SERIOUSLY still spouting that HHH was never over garbage? Do I really need to point to the RIDICULOUS pop for his 2002 return? Your favourite wrestler will probably never get a reaction like that.

People were excited. But I think that was the tail end of people being super into wrasslin'. And he was the guy who feuded with the greats. People wanted to be excited. But it quickly waned when they realized, "oh, this dude is pretty boring."

Like Hogan at Manio X8. Dude was so over... not so much as champ a month later, though, brother.

That pop for Austin's music during that Mankind match is still some of the most thunderous shit I've ever heard. That as well as Hogan's moment in WM18.

BTW Zach, did you get around to watching WM18?

^

Top Bottom