• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

December Wrasslin' |OT| Dreaming of a Vanilla Christmas

ZPkxj.gif
I can't stop watching this.

Jabronie marks working yourself into works when somebody is fake shooting in a fake business, you wouldn't know a work from a shoot if it had a wristwatch on an ankle lock. And another thing about you mar-- *rolls up blue for a shoot fast count* RING THE BELL DAMMIT
Pussy trying to get one over me!

ReiGun

I pretty much agree with this whole list.

I'd either take Zayn off or put him further down. Love the guy, but no way has he had a better year than Miz or Jericho.

I also think Sasha is a glaring omission, but I can definitely agree with putting Charlotte over her even though I have some problems with the latter's push.

Anth0ny

Charlotte has to be right up there just for what she's managed to do for women's wrestling. Her in ring and promo ability have been consistently solid for the entire year.

Women's matches are no longer the pee breaks. That now goes to Ziggler matches or big mother fucker matches like stroman or kane

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I have no idea how Cena makes a Top 10 list, even in WWE. He didn't do anything this year. I mean, say what you want about Zayn, but he has more great matches this year than Cena does.

ReiGun

Charlotte has to be right up there just for what she's managed to do for women's wrestling. Her in ring and promo ability have been consistently solid for the entire year.

Women's matches are no longer the pee breaks. That now goes to Ziggler matches or big mother fucker matches like stroman or kane
It is amazing how far Women's Wrestling has come in the E in just this year. Granted, there's still been a lot of missteps, but the fact that people actually care and now you have the women headlining shows regularly and even headlining a PPV says a lot. Also can't ignore people like Sasha and Bayley being some of the biggest stars in the company.

Yea, someone mind just posting the list. Can't watch right now

Gonna spoiler it in case anyone wants to watch the vid

10. John Cena
9. Chris Jericho
8. Kevin Owens
7. The Revival
6. The Miz
5. Sami Zayn
4. Shinsuke Nakamura
3. #DIY
2. Charlotte
1. AJ Styles

Honorable Mention: Seth Rollins

Odds of Lucha Underground going into a 4th season? Between what Metlz reports and dropping ratings I can't imagine it going much longer.

Right now I could see it coming back for one more season. If they can't get a deal with literally any streaming service by then, that's probably it. As is, I wouldn't be shocked if this is the end. Shit died after season 2, I don't remember ever seeing anything like this, where something as hyped just had...basically everyone bail within half a year

Sami deserves to be on that list. He's been in four MOTY contenders this year. I love Joe but he doesn't really click with Nakamura or Balor who's been his primary opponents this year and the majority of his matches.

I agree overall with the list (I don't know about putting Cena on it though), although I think #DIY are a bit high up when while they've had two MOTY contenders, other then that they haven't really done much else so I would put them more in the 10-5 range. Maybe swap them with the Revival.

Happy to see Charlotte on the list. Her improvement from where she was this time last year to now is insane.

Right now I could see it coming back for one more season. If they can't get a deal with literally any streaming service by then, that's probably it. As is, I wouldn't be shocked if this is the end. Shit died after season 2, I don't remember ever seeing anything like this, where something as hyped just had...basically everyone bail within half a year

The second season, for me, just wasn't very good. I felt like we were seeing a lot of the same matches over and over, and the good matches were few and far between.

i think what likely happened was everyone was amped to have something so different, in the US, from TNA or WWE and the novelty quickly wore off.

Sami deserves to be on that list. He's been in four MOTY contenders this year. I love Joe but he doesn't really click with Nakamura or Balor who's been his primary opponents this year and the majority of his matches.

What matches?

What matches?
The Sami ones? Nakamura, Owens, ER Fatal four way and the Mania ladder match although I suppose the last two wouldn't qualify for A) being multiman and B) not really holding up as good as they did when they recently happened with all the other good matches that have followed since. But that's still two more MOTY's then Joe's had this year, so I think Sami deserves the spot more although Joe as well a few others coming to mind should at least be an HM.

ReiGun

Not sure I'd put
DIY
on there but if they're putting them and
The Revival
up there then they need to switch places
I get the reasoning - #DIY have shown they're just as good separately - but if the entry is them as a team, then yeah The Revival should be higher.

Seth being the honorable mention when his former teammates have had a better year at wrestling then him doesn't add up.

I don't think any of the Shield boys have had a year worth mentioning. I would have taken Zayn off and given him the honorable mention before Rollins, Reigns, or Ambrose, with his spot going to either Joe or Sasha.

Ambrose has not had a better year than Seth. Ambrose has steadily declined as the year has gone on.
I'm not the biggest Ambrose fan, but he has had a few good matches this year. Rumble vs Owens, Roadblock vs HHH (yes, even with HHH being loathed here, this was a pretty good match), all of his AJ matches. Along with that his mic work has been among the best in the WWE while Seth, who's always never been the best talker, has to deal with Roman Reigns level of writing with one of the most poorly done face turns in recent memory.

Seth has not stood out at all since his return. I'm not arguing Ambrose should be on the list, but he definitely should be considered before Seth.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA

I agree overall with the list (I don't know about putting Cena on it though), although I think #DIY are a bit high up when while they've had two MOTY contenders, other then that they haven't really done much else so I would put them more in the 10-5 range. Maybe swap them with the Revival.

Happy to see Charlotte on the list. Her improvement from where she was this time last year to now is insane.

Miz doesn't have MOTYC matches and he's on there.

Sami has had ZERO impact on the storyline in WWE. Joe ended Finn's reign and took Nakamura's first loss while being the dominant heel in NXT. Sami is a jobber at this point but the dude can't accept that. Even Braun should be above Sami Zayn.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Owens should be higher on the list anyways.

His matches having screwy finishes isn't his call.

Guzim

I found out that a good friend of mine from high school passed away this week from an overdose. He was one of the few people from high school that I still kept in touch with. We were texting each other on Saturday too.

Best Wrasslegaffers of 2016

Best Face: Zach
Best Heel: imbask
Best Avatar: Biggest-Geek-Ever
Best Gimmick: Sephzilla
Best Shooter: Fox
Best Newcommer: Damn Silly

EDIT: My condolences on your loss, Guzim.

I found out that a good friend of mine from high school passed away this week from an overdose. He was one of the few people from high school that I still kept in touch with. We were texting each other on Saturday too.
I'm sorry to hear that, Guzim. You have my condolences.

Top Bottom