• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

December Wrasslin' |OT| Dreaming of a Vanilla Christmas

Heroman

Banned
More or less, yeah. I've watched some individual matches here and there on dailymotion.
I say don't start with okada vs tana from ten, watch their bouts from wk 7 and 9 to get so!e of the thief story. And if you want to see something with some incredible heat watch keiji mutoh vs nobuhiko takada from the 96 dome show.

Where can I find that one clip, it's in Japan, looks like a death match of some sorts, dude in leather jacket comes out carrying a chair, looks dope as fuck, crowd loves it. Was posted here like last month.

Omega vs Kushida at WK10 is a great and overlooked match.

Omega's selling is ridiculous.
dat one armed sit out power-bomb

Will peep.

I say don't start with okada vs tana from ten, watch their bouts from wk 7 and 9 to get so!e of the thief story. And if you want to see something with some incredible heat watch keiji mutoh vs nobuhiko takada from the 96 dome show.

Too late, just hit the 25 minute mark on the match from 10 and it's too good to turn off. I will definitely watch 7 and 9 though.

As mentioned, here's my recommendation list;

http://tinyurl.com/NJPW-WORLD

Nakamura vs Sakuraba from WK7's a great one, the Okada vs Tanahashi match that year was excellent as well.

Excellent, thanks! Wrassle GAF is a good place.

Adree

I didn't finish Doom because it would crash on my pc and I'd lose 20 minutes of progress. It got to where it'd crash at least once per level.

Also it's not that fun. I'm one of those monsters who doesn't long for games to go back to plotless monster shoots though.

I liked the music.

Man I wish njpw would put out a damn app for their on demand,I can't be bothered to connect my laptop to the tv with the way everything is set up plus navigating the site is a nightmare even when translated.

My god the crowd for Okada Tanashi WK10 is LIT. And I kinda like that Tanahashi was pinned after a clothesline. Like he just couldn't endure anymore. Unless that's Okada's finisher and I'm clueless.

Heroman

Banned
My god the crowd for Okada Tanashi WK10 is LIT. And I kinda like that Tanahashi was pinned after a clothesline. Like he just couldn't endure anymore. Unless that's Okada's finisher and I'm clueless.
Okada vs Tana is one greatest feuds in pro wrestling history and this match here is the climax.

Fox318

kGkIpYS.png

SHOOTMAS Day 22

elbOHNk.jpg

NJPW/NXT's Shinsuke Nakamura vs Jan Nortje

This was a period where due to the popularity of MMA NJPW would mix in shoot bouts. While the idea sounds great it lead to many performers feeling the need to train to shoot when they really wanted to work, Here is Nakamura at 23 years old fighting in a bout that some say looked like a work. I'm not educated enough to say for sure but what I can say is that Nakamura was able to use his shoot skills and training to transition into a moveset that would make him a megastar.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-YPzXhk3dJo
Past Days

One last question: Do you have to get hype, or do you stay hype?

Undoubtedly.

Remember, this is what ya boy Stardust thought the WWE was holding back. I know you gotta ride for your wife and I respect that, but come on man.

Yikes but if she really wanted to be a wrestler how did WWE stand in her way? Aside from that, goddamn that ring mic audio.

I like the Nikki vs Natalya story-line. It's basically an episode of Total Divas crossing over into the actual wrestling. The line of how Cena will never marry Nikki was such a shoot.

It's kinda sad that one episode of Total Divas offers more character development than a year of Raw.

Fox318

kGkIpYS.png

SHOOTMAS Day 23

Karl Gotch vs Michiaki Yoshimura

One of the gods of wrestling vs a Sumo legend turned professional wrestler. Gotch's influence on Japenese wrestling and MMA is indisputable. He helped train UWF and UWFi wrestlers. He helped train Inoki. He helped popularize a string and shoot style of wrestling and his work in Japan.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_NLk44asym4

ReiGun

"I should change my gamertag to Roman Reigns, because no one is able to beat me."

Rusev nooooooooooooooo

Even Kofi was left speechless on that one.

Yikes but if she really wanted to be a wrestler how did WWE stand in her way? Aside from that, goddamn that ring mic audio.

Apparently part of the reason Cody left is that they were just using Brandi as an interviewer and wouldn't let her wrestle. Now I don't know if they also weren't letting her train, but if she was training, and that's the result, then.....yikes.

Apparently part of the reason Cody left is that they were just using Brandi as an interviewer and wouldn't let her wrestle. Now I don't know if they also weren't letting her train, but if she was training, and that's the result, then.....yikes.

She didn't train there, that's why they wouldn't let her wrestle

TNA didn't care about that

I'm gonna guess WWE refused to let Brandi even train to be a wrestler. Cody can't be mad that they wouldn't immediately put his wife who had little to no training on a brand straight to tv time to start wrestling, right? I mean I doubt someone higher then Cody ever was like Dean could just have Renee in a match with a demand, let alone Cody Rhodes who was the lowest of the low in the midcard.

Oh TNA.

Was WWE also blocking her from going to the Performance Center, or did she just want to circumvent that and go straight to TV?

WWE didn't care enough to encourage her to go train, and I don't think she wanted to spend the effort. All indications were she wanted what she got from TNA, which was just get on, have some matches and maybe a feud, and collect a check that may or may not be on time.

ROH would have been more difficult for the first half of that.

Top Bottom