• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

December Wrasslin' |OT| Dreaming of a Vanilla Christmas

I'm gonna guess WWE refused to let Brandi even train to be a wrestler. Cody can't be mad that they wouldn't immediately put his wife who had little to no training on a brand straight to tv time to start wrestling, right? I mean I doubt someone higher then Cody ever was like Dean could just have Renee in a match with a demand, let alone Cody Rhodes who was the lowest of the low in the midcard.

It was important enough to him it convinced him to go to TNA for a weekend of tapings when they agreed to it

TNA isn't exactly a place where people are begging to go. "Hooray, can't wait to have 7 matches in a week, risk injury, and maybe get paid for it all 4 months later"

ReiGun

I'm gonna guess WWE refused to let Brandi even train to be a wrestler. Cody can't be mad that they wouldn't immediately put his wife who had little to no training on a brand straight to tv time to start wrestling, right? I mean I doubt someone higher then Cody ever was like Dean could just have Renee in a match with a demand, let alone Cody Rhodes who was the lowest of the low in the midcard.
Wouldn't be the first time a wrestler wanted something totally unreasonable.

WWE didn't care enough to encourage her to go train, and I don't think she wanted to spend the effort. All indications were she wanted what she got from TNA, which was just get on, have some matches and maybe a feud, and collect a check that may or may not be on time.

ROH would have been more difficult for the first half of that.

Ahh that makes sense.

I heard there were shoots on the latest Smackdown but I wasn't aware that the event took place on a firing range

I got worked by the Luchadora bit, damn

Otunga is unbearable in this Ziggler/Corbin match. "That could be you AJ". What a great bit guys

"I should change my gamertag to Roman Reigns, because no one is able to beat me."

Rusev nooooooooooooooo

Even Kofi was left speechless on that one.

lol omg, they should have all laughed at that or something. the reaction to it made it look like a shoot...a sho(o)t to the heart. good to see roman and rusev on here again, rusev we know is all good in real life but roman comes off as so bland in wwe that it's cool to see him be not just THE guy but A guy for a change haha

anyways been catching up on the last RAW. I dunno about y'all but Kevin Owens/Jericho is the best thing going for that show right now. their buffoon villain best friends promos are hilarious. I really don't know what they'll do without Chris. He's gotta get most improved of the year award for sure, went from shit ass feuds in the beginning half of 2016 between AJ and Ambrose to the most electrifying man in sports entertainment right now.

Anybody got the card for Wrestlekingdom next year ? I loved the last two WK shows.

NJPW, "WRESTLE KINGDOM 11", 2017/01/04
Tokyo Dome

00. New Japan Rumble Match
01. Tiger Mask W vs Tiger the Dark
02. The Young Bucks (c) vs RPG Vice - IWGP Jr. Heavyweight Tag Titles
03. Satoshi Kojima, Ricochet & David Finlay (c) vs CHAOS (YOSHI-HASHI, Will Ospreay & Jado) vs Los Ingobernables de Japon (SANADA, EVIL & BUSHI) vs Bullet Club (Bad Luck Fale, Yujiro Takahashi & Hangman Page) - NEVER Openweight 6-Man Tag Title Gauntlet
04. Cody Rhodes vs Juice Robinson
05. Kyle O'Reilly (c) vs Adam Cole - ROH World Heavyweight Title
06. Tama Tonga & Tanga Loa (c) vs GBH (Togi Makabe & Tomoaki Honma) vs CHAOS (Tomohiro Ishii & Toru Yano) - IWGP Heavyweight Tag Titles
07. KUSHIDA (c) vs Hiromu Takahashi - IWGP Jr. Heavyweight Title
08. Katsuyori Shibata (c) vs Hirooki Goto - NEVER Openweight Title
09. Tetsuya Naito (c) vs Hiroshi Tanahashi - IWGP Intercontinental Title
10. Kazuchika Okada (c) vs Kenny Omega - IWGP Heavyweight Title

XShagrath

Man I wish njpw would put out a damn app for their on demand,I can't be bothered to connect my laptop to the tv with the way everything is set up plus navigating the site is a nightmare even when translated.
Steam Link will also work. Just minimize big picture mode, and you're at your desktop. It's currentl $20 on Steam and Amazon.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
1482490189654z2uo9.jpg

Boy he bout to turn heel

I dunno, Doi vs Shingo seems like the way to go next year. I wouldn't be against Big R winning King of Gate though, leading towards a title win near the end of the year at Final Gate or something. But there's definitely some work to do - Big R's still being used as the fall-guy a lot of the time, plus he especially keeps losing to T-Hawk, so there's probably a feud brewing there.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
So did they just drop the Ellsworth/Ambrose 'feud'?

Did they realize how dumb they were to sign Ellsworth 2 weeks after they did it?

Did they realize how dumb they were to sign Ellsworth 2 weeks after they did it?

Yeah, it does look like he's done with Ambrose. Don't think anyone is really upset about it - it'd be tough to have Dean kick the shit out of him without turning him heel. Can't do much other then hit the dirty deeds and move on, right?

Don't think they're done with him. He still got significant camera time and it seems hes' going to be doing some kind of work with Carmella. Don't really have any idea of where they're going with it, but I don't think WWE is regretting signing him - he's still pretty over. Still getting TV time over the likes of Breezango, Kalisto, Swagger and others, and I don't see that changing much.

I would have preferred that they just wrote Ellsworth out until a surprise rumble appearance but that Carmella thing probably means next week she's going to pretend he's her boyfriend while she shoots on Nikki and Cena.

klonere

Banned

Ellsworth has been an immensely entertaining part of SD and is a wonderful plot device for extending feuds. His final "match" with AJ is exactly what it needed to be and them pairing him up with Carmella shows they recognize the crowd is now turning him heel.

Ellsworth is great, brother.

Yeah, it does look like he's done with Ambrose. Don't think anyone is really upset about it - it'd be tough to have Dean kick the shit out of him without turning him heel. Can't do much other then hit the dirty deeds and move on, right?

Don't think they're done with him. He still got significant camera time and it seems hes' going to be doing some kind of work with Carmella. Don't really have any idea of where they're going with it, but I don't think WWE is regretting signing him - he's still pretty over. Still getting TV time over the likes of Breezango, Kalisto, Swagger and others, and I don't see that changing much.
Yeah I don't know what else the feud with Dean was supposed to have, he got his shit in as much as a face could.

I started to think Ellsworth was stale and and soon as that happened, he turned on Dean, they've kept him fresh so far, and this new thing with Carmella could be entertaining.

I think they'll have had to sign him to get to sell some merchandise; and I suspect they'll have covered themselves in those sales pretty handily.

Anth0ny

NJPW, "WRESTLE KINGDOM 11", 2017/01/04
Tokyo Dome

00. New Japan Rumble Match
01. Tiger Mask W vs Tiger the Dark
02. The Young Bucks (c) vs RPG Vice - IWGP Jr. Heavyweight Tag Titles
03. Satoshi Kojima, Ricochet & David Finlay (c) vs CHAOS (YOSHI-HASHI, Will Ospreay & Jado) vs Los Ingobernables de Japon (SANADA, EVIL & BUSHI) vs Bullet Club (Bad Luck Fale, Yujiro Takahashi & Hangman Page) - NEVER Openweight 6-Man Tag Title Gauntlet
04. Cody Rhodes vs Juice Robinson
05. Kyle O'Reilly (c) vs Adam Cole - ROH World Heavyweight Title
06. Tama Tonga & Tanga Loa (c) vs GBH (Togi Makabe & Tomoaki Honma) vs CHAOS (Tomohiro Ishii & Toru Yano) - IWGP Heavyweight Tag Titles
07. KUSHIDA (c) vs Hiromu Takahashi - IWGP Jr. Heavyweight Title
08. Katsuyori Shibata (c) vs Hirooki Goto - NEVER Openweight Title
09. Tetsuya Naito (c) vs Hiroshi Tanahashi - IWGP Intercontinental Title
10. Kazuchika Okada (c) vs Kenny Omega - IWGP Heavyweight Title

I expect Shibata to top 2016 in "fucking insane headbutts"

because he's a tough motherfucker that is willing to GIVE HIS BODY FOR THIS BUSINESS

MG310

Is there anything I need to watch from the G1 finals until now? No way I'm going to get completely caught up before Wrestle Kingdom

Heroman

Banned
Is there anything I need to watch from the G1 finals until now? No way I'm going to get completely caught up before Wrestle Kingdom
king of pro wrestling might be the best ppv this year, and power struggle was great. The world tag final was also pretty rad

Catching up on some wrestling yesterday and today:

Shibata vs. Hero from RevPro's Global Wars show was a fun sprint, even if I could never buy that Hero was beating Shibata for the title.

Jeff Cobb vs. Zack Sabre Jr. from RevPro's Uprising show was good, and it showed a vicious side of Sabre that you don't normally see. It wasn't the usual Sabre match because there was no way that Sabre could out-grapple Cobb, and it was a good sprint.

SMOP vs. Twin Towers from BJW's Ryogukutan 2016 from July was a lot of fun because you almost never get to see Twin Towers work from underneath.

Yuji Okabayashi vs. Hideyoshi Kamitani from that show was great, and you should go out of your way to watch that, if you haven't already. It told a great story of Kamitani's determination and desperation in the face of Okabayashi's monstrous offense.

Next is Meiko Satomura vs. Chihiro Hashimoto for Sendai Girls from October, which I should have watched a while ago. I doubt that it will surpass the Satomura vs. Aja Kong match for me, but I'm looking forward to it. If I have time, I'll probably also check out the Mike Quackenbush vs. Drew Gulak match that people have been talking about lately.

ROH booked Ospreay/Dragon Lee for Manhattan Mayhem

Not live PPV, not TV, but on a VOD event. Their least viewed option

This is probably the worst year of ROH in a while

Top Bottom