• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

December Wrasslin' |OT| Dreaming of a Vanilla Christmas

FLIP ALERT

C0YF80ZUsAAnq-F.png

British Monsoon, or any other Progress fans, if you had to pick say 5 events from this past year I should watch what would you suggest? I know the whole thing is chapters and stories, but time constraints and such

Kayfabe Commentaries next releases are a YouShoot with Mr. Anderson and a Timeline 2007 with Hornswoggle. I prefer stuff from further in the past but I am sort of looking forward to this.

Meiko Satomura vs. Chihiro Hashimoto was underwhelming. Hashimoto has a lot of raw potential, but she's not there yet.

Watching Drew Gulak vs. Mike Quackenbush now.

Next up on my NJPW marathon is Styles vs. Naito from WK 9, let's go.

AJ sells these drop kicks like he's getting shot out of a cannon.

Holy shit that styles clash from the second rope! Love how it was set up too.

Foggy

Meiko Satomura vs. Chihiro Hashimoto was underwhelming. Hashimoto has a lot of raw potential, but she's not there yet.

Watching Drew Gulak vs. Mike Quackenbush now.

Not sure what people saw in that match. Hash could still be great, but she's too green and it showed. She also looked physically exhausted.

It's worth remembering that Hashimoto's only a year in at this point, and the match was structured around that - she was obviously quite nervous and while she had Satomura scouted to a degree, she also made a lot of rookie mistakes and took a hell of a beating in the process, only winning by her resilience and sheer physicality. Even if she's not all there yet, the fact that Meiko Satomura (arguably the best women's wrestler in the world today) is going to such lengths to make a star out of her speaks volumes about her potential. A singles victory over Satomura is no small thing, in the past two years the only other singles losses she's had were to Aja, Io and Hamada.

Foggy

Yeah, she has the potential to be the best in the world within a year or two. This match needed to happen, but the cracks showed.

klonere

Banned
STARDOM spoilers herein

yeah but then Io went and beat her? At least that means Io is definitely not going to WWE unless they are going to hotshot the belt back

klonere

Banned
Just downloaded Fight Club Pro (Trent Seven's promotion) latest show, Infinity to watch on the plane. I've had it talked up a lot on a few podcasts I listen to so interested to see just how good it is. Especially since it's the promotion that's pushing Travis Banks the hardest and Travis Banks is Very Good.

Might grab a few AJPW tag league shows as well. Any other recs for shows I can just download and watch offline?

Barrage

Semi-excited about WK11. Tho I dunno if I can handle Omega being given the title. It might turn me off the promotion entirely.

Omega is a pretend-cool tryhard. He is the Jarrett of this generation.

I'll agree that sometimes Kenny can come off as a try-hard, but he is in no way Jeff Jarrett/HHH levels of average. Dude has had a phenomenal year in the ring. I'd be more put off by them keeping the belt on Okada.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Semi-excited about WK11. Tho I dunno if I can handle Omega being given the title. It might turn me off the promotion entirely.

Omega is a pretend-cool tryhard. He is the Jarrett of this generation.

raw

Sorry if this is a double post, reception here is shit.

I will never understand the comparisons some people on GAF try to make between Jarrett and Omega. It is so ridiculous.

Naito marks deflecting their anger at booking decisions they can't cope with.

klonere

Banned
Kenny is definitely a tryhard but in a far more endearing way than Double J.

Can't wait for him to lose to Okada and go to cutting promos in Japanese. I really don't need to hear anything English Bullet Club Kenny promo to a dead ass crowd who doesn't understand jack.

somedevil

Kenny Omega is very good. I just find it weird that they won't let him talk in Japanese in fear that it would make him a babyface.

From Chris Charlton the fans were not paying attention at all when he announced Cody Rhodes.

Top Bottom