• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

December Wrasslin' |OT| Dreaming of a Vanilla Christmas

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
So how has Damien Sandow been doing in TNA? He cut that promo calling TNA the land of opportunity, so.. how goes it?

Apparently awful.

Cody is getting bigger opportunities on his indie tour, but it doesn't seem to have been particularly well received either, not that I'm surprised given that Cody sucks.

I got FFXV as a surprise participant in the Christmas Rumble this year, but I think it was called up too early. Probably gonna wait until they patch in the story. Didn't want to no sell it in front of the fam though.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Aside from a blistering CM Punk burn it was bad.

Which occurred in the first 45 seconds of the show. The show was one of the worst of the year. Same ol' story: Roman is Superman and the show ended on his music; Owens is a comedy geek keeping Roman's belt warm; Bayley looked uncomfortable on the mic; Nia Jax proved she's the worst wrestler in WWE's entire organization, etc.

miserable

Reigns is already a 3-time champ?

dean1eyj84.gif

Cena isn't turning heel, they announced last night that the dark match is AJ/Miz vs. Cena/Ambrose

That Joe stuff is awesome though, if that happened it'd be incredible

Cena vs Joe would be awesome but the only thing I suspect from Cena tonight is either a Cena and Nikki segment interrupted by Carmella and Ellsworth or him announcing he's going into the rumble to win a title shot against AJ.

Or shit, both.

YesManKablaam

Neo Member
Are people really that impressed by Stephanie's CM Punk dig? It was so telegraphed and pre-scripted, you'd think they'd be able to come up with something better. I mean come on, heel authority figure (a McMahon no less) going out to a Chicago crowd, any person could tell you there'd be a CM Punk chant, and that's the best they can come up with?

It's as bad and predictable as the comments referring to this year being George Michael's Last Christmas. At least those were done in the moment, WWE have had MONTHS to figure out a good dig at Punk. Shoot my arse.

Are people really that impressed by Stephanie's CM Punk dig? It was so telegraphed and pre-scripted, you'd think they'd be able to come up with something better. I mean come on, heel authority figure (a McMahon no less) going out to a Chicago crowd, any person could tell you there'd be a CM Punk chant, and that's the best they can come up with?

It's as bad and predictable as the comments referring to this year being George Michael's Last Christmas. At least those were done in the moment, WWE have had MONTHS to figure out a good dig at Punk. Shoot my arse.
Yeah, it was obviously pre-scripted but to people who find the chants annoying, it was a great moment to see Stephanie shut the chant down with one line. Plus I thought the line was great, don't see what else they could come up that was better.

I'm not shocked the Ass Kicker and company are bad at planning stuff that's genuinely good

DMczaf

Now this is a shoot!!

My head am die, but I'm having the most vivid fucking dreams right now. It was like real life. I was playing The Last Guardian with Heath Slater, but he talked about SFV the whole time. I realized I was in a dream and woke myself up. This is fucking crazy man.

YesManKablaam

Neo Member
Yeah, it was obviously pre-scripted but to people who find the chants annoying, it was a great moment to see Stephanie shut the chant down with one line. Plus I thought the line was great, don't see what else they could come up that was better.

I thought her line ages back referring to Daniel Bryan, that he should quit just like Punk did was a far better, more relevant and wonderfully heelish line. That really worked for that storyline, subverted crowd expectation and felt more natural. Last night's dig wouldn't even make the rejected pile for a mediocre comedy show.

What bothered me most about it was that it was such a 'line'. It didn't add to anything and the delivery was of the calibre of acting you'd expect from Steph. She is capable of being a great heel and has had some terrific moment that feel more off-the-cuff, but christ she's death when sticking to the script.

lol cm punk lost in ufc. well done on the foley-level cheap pop

I thought her line ages back referring to Daniel Bryan, that he should quit just like Punk did was a far better, more relevant and wonderfully heelish line. That really worked for that storyline, subverted crowd expectation and felt more natural. Last night's dig wouldn't even make the rejected pile for a mediocre comedy show.

What bothered me most about it was that it was such a 'line'. It didn't add to anything and the delivery was of the calibre of acting you'd expect from Steph. She is capable of being a great heel and has had some terrific moment that feel more off-the-cuff, but christ she's death when sticking to the script.

lol cm punk lost in ufc. well done on their foley-level cheap pop

Heels should never go over

Have to keep Steph Strong

Heroman

Banned
Last night raw was the reason why Stephanie is the worst MCMAHON. No one got over in her segments and she was the smartest person in the arena.

Fox318

Steph sees wrestling as a tool to further her personal life.

Whether it be who her boyfriend is or elevating herself like she is Carol Bartz.

Like her booking herself to be the hero of the Women's Revolution in wrestling when she was booking those disgusting women's segments and she was the one producing them.

YesManKablaam

Neo Member
If you still hate Steph, she's not going away. Why hate watch the show?

I mostly watch matches on catch-up and tend to skip as many McMahon promos as possible. Especially if they involve Steph, as she's never going to be in a match. Why sit through her overlong speeches when there's never a payoff?

A lot like when The Authority stuff first started. You could tell that Triple H wasn't going to put anyone over on a B PPV, so I just stopped watching. Come Rumble/Wrestlemania/Summerslam and there's a better chance of there actually being a follow-through so I might give those promos a watch. Otherwise, like hell am I sitting through 20 minutes of McMahon ego-stroking.

lol cm punk lost in ufc. well done on the foley-level cheap pop

we get it, you're a punk fan

your boy lost, take the L

YesManKablaam

Neo Member
we get it, you're a punk fan

your boy lost, take the L

Absolutely terrific. Yes, he lost. Anyone surprised by that? Man in late 30's with no fighting experience loses when put in a competitive fight with someone almost half his age that has had training.

Doesn't mean that we can't hold WWE to a higher standard of burn beyond that of a playground. People saying that it was SAVAGE, lol m8. The Ziggler/Miz exchange not long after his fight, now that was good.

Top Bottom