• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

December Wrasslin' |OT| Dreaming of a Vanilla Christmas

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Bliss has probably been the most successful draft call-up after Balor, given she's got a clear character and currently has a belt. But yeah, she's quite green and still relatively new so I'm not gonna be shocked whenever Becky gets the belt back off of her.

In a year or two, she'll definitely be a lot better in the ring. She's just green, it's not a Nia Jax case where she's just plain bad in the ring.

Well, at least both Carmella and Bliss are improving. The last two weeks Nia Jax has looked as bad as she has ever looked at any point. She sounded corny as hell, couldn't pull off a heel-ish look if her life depended on it, and her offense revolves around running into people and hopefully they sell it.

I forget who else was even in that draft. Mojo and Balor, and someone else, I think. Mojo hasn't done much of anything other than GIF material.

Edit: American Alpha, who have done next to nothing, and are dying on the vine.

Zach

C0tXxupXEAAyOK1

"Tactical Athletics". >_>

I really hope Joe doesn't show up until Rumble. Him coming out then, like AJ, and doing some damage would much more enjoyable to me. I also just don't know who Joe could face on Smackdown that would work well for his persona.

https://twitter.com/KellyKleinWoH/status/813713826629750784?ref_src=twsrc^tfw

https://twitter.com/KellyKleinWoH/status/813713826629750784?ref_src=twsrc^tfw

https://twitter.com/MandyLeonxo/status/813829986629074945?ref_src=twsrc^tfw

That woman who jobbed to Nia that some of you guys knew seems to have pissed some of her coworkers off. Personally I can't blame her for passing up such an opportunity, especially if it leads to her maybe getting signed some day or at least getting a chance for the women's tournament.

Well, at least both Carmella and Bliss are improving. The last two weeks Nia Jax has looked as bad as she has ever looked at any point. She sounded corny as hell, couldn't pull off a heel-ish look if her life depended on it, and her offense revolves around running into people and hopefully they sell it.

I forget who else was even in that draft. Mojo and Balor, and someone else, I think. Mojo hasn't done much of anything other than GIF material.

Edit: American Alpha, who have done next to nothing, and are dying on the vine.
Carmella's improved a lot although she stills for some reason does her own finisher submission move while screaming like she's the one in pain.

American Alpha are losing steam because WWE likely won't give them the belts until Mania. They need the Revival for a feud.

TNA bought by Anthem, Dixie gone

Also they're doing house shows in 2017

Jan 5 through 12, they'll do 12 episodes of Impact, a live One Night Only PPV, and additional material.

MG310

That woman who jobbed to Nia that some of you guys knew seems to have pissed some of her coworkers off. Personally I can't blame her for passing up such an opportunity, especially if it leads to her maybe getting signed some day or at least getting a chance for the women's tournament.

Professional Wrestler, Announcer & Manager at Ring of Honor, Bottle Server at Underground Chicago Nightclub,

The bottle serving probably pays better.

RBH

I'm going to SmackDown tonight. :)

This will be my 3rd ever live show.

My first two:

-WrestleMania 27
-NXT live event in Atlanta this past summer

MG310

Carmella's going to get Ellsworth to volunteer to be Nattie's tag partner against Nikki and Cena.

Kinda want to see Ellsworth catch a forearm from Nikki.

Zach

I'm going to SmackDown tonight. :)

This will be my 3rd ever live show.

My first two:

-WrestleMania 27
-NXT live event in Atlanta this past summer
But you swore to me that you saw Lex Luger press Hollywood Hogan over his head on Nitro in the SkyDome, brother. D:

Zach

But don't you ever think maybe... you're the wrong one?
Always. I always try to understand what others see in things like RAW and Stephanie McMahon and Donald Trump. I try out liking things I dislike and disliking things I like in my head all the time. Always questioning why I think the things I think.

That was the first wrestling match I remember seeing on TV!

And that was in Detroit, brother!
How would you know? You weren't even there.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Why is there Joe on SD talk?

It's a reasonably high profile show - most of the titles are being defended tonight + John Cena is returning and they put up some promo material linking Joe and Cena. Samoa Joe's tenure in NXT is basically in a lame-duck period (he's not on any of the TV stuff for NXT) and he's assuredly getting a call unless they're planning to cut him (which they're not).

The thing we're discounting in saying "he's going to X brand" is that they could easily turn Joe face again without a problem. If I was the Booker Man, I'd have Joe come up and demolish Miz for the IC title immediately to establish credibility and make him a face rather than have the new guy work against Cena again. As weird as it sounds, Cena lost all of the feuds he had in 2016. The only PPV match he won was a tag match with Enzo & Cass vs. the Club.

Hell, I think the last match Cena had this year was losing clean to Dean Ambrose on SmackDown.

I really hope Joe doesn't show up until Rumble. Him coming out then, like AJ, and doing some damage would much more enjoyable to me. I also just don't know who Joe could face on Smackdown that would work well for his persona.
The Miz. I think having somebody who the Miz can't talk-intimidate is the thing. Just a fucking unstoppable brute. The wrestling equivalent of the thing in It Follows.

Top Bottom