• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

December Wrasslin' |OT| Dreaming of a Vanilla Christmas

shanafan

Bayley's offense still doesn't look as awful as Bliss's

Her forearms are even worse than Shaneboxing.gif

Excuse me?

Alexa_Becky.gif

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I mean, c'mon. Bliss is a cutie and makes that one pouty face pretty good, but let's not pretend she's a better worker than Bayley is. That's kind of taking it too far.

I've been watching all this NJPW WK stuff that's up for free and it got me wondering...what did WWE see in Nakamura?

Not meaning he can't wrestle or any dumb shit like that, but he's got such a weird persona and style, how did they know he'd fit in and be such a huge hit? It was definitely a smart move on their part. How did thye convince Vince.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I've wanted the WWE to die since 2001 get in line
I've been watching all this NJPW WK stuff that's up for free and it got me wondering...what did WWE see in Nakamura?

Not meaning he can't wrestle or any dumb shit like that, but he's got such a weird persona and style, how did they know he'd fit in and be such a huge hit? It was definitely a smart move on their part. How did thye convince Vince.

He's really popular and sells a lot of merch and his popularity requires zero effort from the WWE to create

Heroman

Banned

Nakamura wanted to be a star in the US, and WWE probably wanted a dude who could sell out Japan when they go their.

Definitely a smart business move. And I guess Nakamura is glad he doesn't have to get kicked in the head constantly anymore. That match with Ibushi totally worked me. I swore they were gonna shoot fight at any second.

I'll never forget one of the MMA mark websites insisting that Sakuraba actually KO'd Nakamura with that knee at the start of the match...like, his warrior spirit was so intense that he just instinctively knocked Nak the fuck out...even though it was a spot Nak had used multiple times in the past, like every time he wrestled Takayama.

MMA marks, evidently not immune to being worked.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Definitely a smart business move. And I guess Nakamura is glad he doesn't have to get kicked in the head constantly anymore. That match with Ibushi totally worked me. I swore they were gonna shoot fight at any second.

I bet most people would rather get kicked in the head on a NJPW schedule than work the main roster schedule.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I don't have that much of an issue with Roman but all his merch looks like shit made for kids by that company with the cool dog on it or one of these
http%3A%2F%2Fmashable.com%2Fwp-content%2Fgallery%2Fbig-dogs%2Fscreenshot-2014-08-26-at-3-40-27-pm.png

image_1452251105_4793474.jpg

Zach

I don't understand the question, slightconfuse.

And you guys need to concede RAW to the people who swear Stephanie McMahon and the like are entertaining. You won't miss anything. Make your resolution today.

I don't understand the question, slightconfuse.

And you guys need to concede RAW to the people who swear Stephanie McMahon and the like are entertaining. You won't miss anything. Make your resolution today.

I'm saying are you watching the good 2002 show smackdown.

There are men working all over that show

She's still pretty green. They stopped giving her matches and made her a manager in NXT but with the split, I guess they needed her.
Bliss has probably been the most successful draft call-up after Balor, given she's got a clear character and currently has a belt. But yeah, she's quite green and still relatively new so I'm not gonna be shocked whenever Becky gets the belt back off of her.

In a year or two, she'll definitely be a lot better in the ring. She's just green, it's not a Nia Jax case where she's just plain bad in the ring.

You guys haven't lived until you played the WWE 2012 video game story-mode, particularly HHH burying everyone after recovering from another quad injury.

That's not getting into the WCW Invasion 2.0 where the Austin Aries voiced CAW gets a huge push that would make Roman jealous.

Top Bottom