• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

December Wrasslin' |OT| Dreaming of a Vanilla Christmas

Corbin is actually pretty good with the right matchup. I like his shtick of being anti-indie and hating the underdog in general. He and Miz would make a good team.
Diesel and Shawn pt.2? Even though Corbin is 100xs better than Diesel ever was bwahaha! But I'd like to see something like this next year if Miz wins the main title, Corbin could win the IC title.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Ibushi is, well Ibushi, but Maluta was actually really impressive aswell. Great first episode.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
tumblr_ogub6jxjFg1vwqsxao1_250.gif

tumblr_ogub6jxjFg1vwqsxao2_250.gif

Kaladin

So what is your match of the year?

For me? It's hard to top TJP vs Gran Metalik for the Cruiserweight Classic Finale...close second is Ibushi vs TJP from that same night.

For me? It's hard to top TJP vs Gran Metalik for the Cruiserweight Classic Finale...close second is Ibushi vs TJP from that same night.

1) Revival vs DIY (Takover Toronto)
2) Fenix & Pentagon Jr vs Chris Hero & Tommy End (BOLA)
3) Tetsuya Naito vs Kenny Omega (G1)

Cptkrush

1) Revival vs DIY (Takover Toronto)
2) Fenix & Pentagon Jr vs Chris Hero & Tommy End (BOLA)
3) Tetsuya Naito vs Kenny Omega (G1)

Fuck, man...I keep forgetting Naito v. Omega. It's easily one of the best matches I've ever seen. Definitely on my list this year. Revival v. DiY 1 and 2 are both on there as well.

Rockandrollclown

lookwhatyou'vedone

Revival vs DIY. honorable mention to Sami Zayn vs KO, the last one. Just because I love the ending of it so much.

Anth0ny

I was ringside for Revival vs. DIY

and while it was a good match, and the best match of the night, I didn't get "match of the year" vibes from it at all lol

maybe it's different with commentary/camera angles

Nothing has been moty worthy for me dude. I guess if I had to pick, I'd go with aj styles v Miz on that episode of sd where Miz carried aj to a great match.

I've got some rewatching to do before I settle on my MOTY, but Okada vs Tanahashi is the measuring stick - I'm not sure there's much else that comes close to it in terms of storytelling and pay-off, the way they built upon the previous bouts was amazing. But, it's like Godfather 2: exceptional in part because of the work that went before it, and isn't as strong when viewed in isolation. Naito vs Omega and Scurll vs Ospreay are both up there in terms of execution and sheer madness, while Ishii vs Hero was total fanservice and one of those rare instances where a dream match is as good as you imagine it to be. I loved Shibata vs Hero as well, not sure if there's a better example of a pure shit-kicker of a match anywhere else in the world this year. Sekimoto & Hino vs Okabayashi & Shiozaki at the Fortune Dream show was ridiculously hard-hitting as well, but in a much more drawn-out, King's Road style. Probably my favourite tag match of the year, in spite of Revival vs DIY being great fun.

Needs more Linkin Park, Boots.

Hah, yeah, it's not really a proper wrestling MV if it's not nu metal.

Nak vs Sami was so fucking special. Sami should be in that top level of talent winning belts and main eventing. If given the chance I'm sure he'd be competing with AJ for WOTY.

I'll get shit on for this but whatever.

Let me disclose that as far as technical wrestling goes, there are way better matches than my personal moty. AJ, Naka, Omega, Naito, Zayn,...all these dudes put on classics. Maybe my pick is moment of the year moreso than moty.

For me, i'll pick the one with biggest shock value, impact, effectiveness, brilliant booking and simplicity. I'll go with Brock / Goldberg. Booking the match to playout like a UFC fight showcasing what an animal Goldberg is after years of building Brock...I thought it was fucking brilliant.
This is pretty high for me too. Hadn't marked like that in a long ass time.

Sami going for that missed opportunity of the year award.
Cesaro 2.0
save_th3m.SdL

jmdajr

I'm pretty sure Dean is doing just fine. Main events, getting paid, doesn't have to carry company on his back, Renee.

Top Bottom