• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

December Wrasslin' |OT| Dreaming of a Vanilla Christmas

Mahonay

Banned
Dean isn't in the 'i'm not gonna resign mode'

He's in the Kevin Nash 'My spot is secure why should I try?' mode
You're probably right, Kevin Nash totally would have been motivated enough to do a match like last night's with AJ. Super accurate comparison. Nash was always happy to take insane bumps through tables.
Them ship him to raw where I don't have to give a shit about him
Let me know what he did wrong in last night's match.

He's been awful plenty of other times, but this seems like a bizarre time to bitch after a fantastic match.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
You're probably right, Kevin Nash totally would have been motivated enough to do a match like last night's with AJ. Super accurate comparison. Nash was always happy to take insane bumps through tables.

Let me know what he did wrong in last night's match.

He's been awful plenty of other times, but this seems like a bizarre time to bitch after a fantastic match.

Do you need everything to be 1 to 1?
dropkick.gif

not to mention going through a table is safer than hitting the floor unless you get bob hollyd

So what is your match of the year?

For me? It's hard to top TJP vs Gran Metalik for the Cruiserweight Classic Finale...close second is Ibushi vs TJP from that same night.

1. Nakamura vs Zayn (Takeover: Dallas)
2. Ibushi vs Alexander (CWC)
3. Metalik vs Tozawa (CWC)

I don't know if I'd put the CWC matches in my top 3 though if I wasn't there for them live.

Barrage

Dean isn't in the 'i'm not gonna resign mode'

He's in the Kevin Nash 'My spot is secure why should I try?' mode

Bingo.

Dean ain't about that broke boy Okada money. Main event WWE money isn't replacable (especially for someone with his style). Whether he'll get a second wind or not to him,he was at his shittiest when they pushed him the most so who knows.

Sephzilla

The reason Ambrose was so shook at Austin calling him out on that podcast was because Ambrose was worried people would become aware that he was phoning some shit in.

Mahonay

Banned
Bingo.

Dean ain't about that broke boy Okada money. Main event WWE money isn't replacable (especially for someone with his style). Whether he'll get a second wind or not to him,he was at his shittiest when they pushed him the most so who knows.
They did push him at the worst time. He was so unbelievably shit to the point I would just skip most of his matches. At least he's able to work a good match now with the right opponent. But you still get abominations like his match with Ziggler.

Jericho was put in a program with AJ and managed to stink it up. Jericho has gotten in infinitely better shape since then though.

Yeah, that was the time when people were hoping Jezza would just go away again.

It's weird with him, whenever he comes back he either tears the house down or induces supreme apathy. Never really inbetween.

Rodeo Clown

All aboard! The Love train!
You'd hope Dean's wrestling good matches now, he's been in a program with the best wrestler in the world for the past three months.

He's been having good matches, his feud with Jericho aside (and I don't even hate the Asylum match). Just this year, he had the match with KO at the Rumble, the match with Hunter at Roadblock, the triple threat at Battleground, the triple threat at No Mercy and his matches with AJ at Backlash and TLC.

I get it, Ziggler and Ambrose was lousy, but he's been doing good work most of the year.

Lothar

Banned
Yeah, that was the time when people were hoping Jezza would just go away again.

It's weird with him, whenever he comes back he either tears the house down or induces supreme apathy. Never really inbetween.

It's when he's a face vs when he's a heel. It's the story of Jericho's career.

Mahonay

Banned
Bret Hart's favorite match is Bret Hart vs Diesel soooooo
I think I've only seen the match once a few years ago. I'd have to re-watch that one.

Also Bret Hart is full of bad opinions, even about himself.
That Mania 32 main was one of the worst things I've ever witnessed in this great sport.

I love that you knew which match I was talking about
I nodded off in the middle of HHH vs Reigns as well. The fucking worst.

Sephzilla

HHH also managed to put out a stinker of a WrestleMania match during a 6 year run where Undertaker was putting out main event tier matches every WrestleMania. And then in the follow up match he needed every gimmick in the book attached to the match in order to make it not shit.

imBask

Banned
well you know, I gave an F to David Flair vs Ric Flair

so technically, going by that logic, Ric Flair is actually just as bad as Kevin Nash

Mahonay

Banned
It says a lot that everyone thought it would suck to begin with and it managed to be worse than even those expectations
Lol yep. It actually managed to disappoint me somehow, even though I was already hating the booking going in.

Then it went a step further and really pissed me off by letting Reigns hit Steph with a spear, like he's the last person that makes sense for Steph to be getting her comeuppance from. Roman Reigns, the golden boy that gets every chance in the world no matter how many times he's rejected, tackling a woman that really hadn't done very much to him at all. I was kind of disappointed that it actually got a pretty big pop. People are too easy.

Top Bottom