• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

December Wrasslin' |OT| Dreaming of a Vanilla Christmas

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Jeff Jarrett and Triple H are the opposite of lazy workers. They bust their ass constantly because of a sense of pride. They want that 5 stars even though they say they don't. They want to be thought of as a great wrestler. That they earned their spot.

But they're not. They're just boring even when they try their hardest. Which is even more damning.

Sephzilla

ignores the GREAT match against Daniel Bryan just 2 years earlier

I'm not going to deny anything there - that match was great. What makes it perplexing is that most of HHH's work before and after that has been mostly mediocre-to-bad.

CM Punk saying a WrestleMania match against HHH didn't mean shit must have really gotten to him.

Hasney

HHH also managed to put out a stinker of a WrestleMania match during a 6 year run where Undertaker was putting out main event tier matches every WrestleMania. And then in the follow up match he needed every gimmick in the book attached to the match in order to make it not shit.

Undertaker was injured and couldn't do a good match.

Mahonay

Banned
Jeff Jarrett and Triple H are the opposite of lazy workers. They bust their ass constantly because of a sense of pride. They want that 5 stars even though they say they don't. They want to be thought of as a great wrestler. That they earned their spot.

But they're not. They're just boring even when they try their hardest. Which is even more damning.
HHH had three 4 1/2 star matches in 2000.

Sephzilla

Friend Data, even I can't muster the strength to stoop so low as to compare HHH to Jeff Jarrett. HHH hasn't created an entire wrestling promotion just so he can pretend he's a World Champion
yet

miserable

HHH should of dropped the Title to Dean at Roadblock. That match was great

heh, some people thought Dean was gonna beat HHH then

deanohaqi2.gif

Mahonay

Banned
Friend Data, even I can't muster the strength to stoop so low as to compare HHH to Jeff Jarrett. HHH hasn't created an entire wrestling promotion just so he can pretend he's a World Champion
yet
I mean, HHH did pedigree Seth Rollins and won the Universal Championship vicarously through Kevin Owens

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I'm sure Jeff Jarrett had plenty of 4 1/2 star matches too that Meltzer didnt watch because he barely watched TNA.

Raven vs Jeff Jarrett for example is around the same quality as Triple H's best matches. And Raven's not Daniel Bryan so Jeff Jarrett is actually probably better than Triple H.
yet

He created an entire wrestling promotion so he can play pretend territories that he wins at.

Best part of last night was The Wyatt's getting the tag titles.

The whole show was great. The tables match didn't help but the finish was good and a shock. The problem with a tables match is you have to wait for a setup.

Entropia

No One Remembers
So I think that Smackdown needs... something. I was talking with some friends and the Singles roster seems like garbage. You have: AJ, Dean, James Ellsworth(sigh) Ziggler, Miz, Apollo, Corbin, Hawkins, Kane and Kalisto. Am I missing someone? I am not including Taker and Cena because they seem to be part timers now. I am not sure how to classify the Wyatt family right now (Bray/Harper/Orton).

They need to call up some NXT people, but the problem is that NXT's roster could be viewed a little light as well. I could see Bobby Roode doing amazing on Smackdown. I could also see Samoa Joe being called up soon too.

After last night:
AJ vs. Dean should be 'done', and Ellsworth for some reason is flying around this scene
Miz vs. Zigger is 'done'
Kalisto vs. Corbin should be 'done'

What else can you do for these guys? I don't think any of us want Kane getting involved with AJ. I think a champ vs. champ with Miz vs. AJ would be cool, but the champ vs. champ thing has been overdone (see: Raw)

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Well you've brought up tons of evidence in your favor, friend. You also argued points I didn't make so keep going for the gold.

yet
Just wait til he finally beats that Japanese midget at whatever NXT show takes place before Wrestlemania and begins the Reign of Terror v2.0.

yet

Why would he need to create one when he had one cleared for him from '02 through '03

All the credit to Jeff for 1) waiting to do 20 minute in-ring promos until late '04, 2) giving the rub to Christian instead of calling him a blue dot, giving him a Stroke, and taking a minute to cover him and win, and 3) actually taking the L to Sting

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I'm not trying to defend Double J here because he sucks.

I'm saying he's on the same level as Triple H. Triple H just has a much more marketable look.

So, WK11 main event - who you going for?

Consensus seems to be "Omega, otherwise what's the point?", but I'm going to guess Okada wins and then drops it at New Beginning because that seems like a typically Gedo thing to do

Remember that time when Jeff Jarrett wrestle a match at Wrestle Kingdom 9

And hit a man with a freshly broken neck in the head with a guitar.

thefro

Jeffery can wrassle a good match and was a great worker, but his character and look has always just been go-away heat for me. It's hard for me to look past.

Jarrett was pretty entertaining once he hooked up with Russo in WWF. He just didn't have Mick Foley to put him over strong like Trips did.

People forget it was "lol Triple H as champ?!" before he storyline married Steph and squashed Cactus Jack and retired Foley.

Nekofrog

Banned
HHH vs Michaels at summerslam 2002 was a huge let down. Never saw it when it happened, had huge internal hype for it and it was so boring when we watched it Friday

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Jeff Jarrett is the worst anything ever and I'm almost offended you guys said he's on Triple H's level.

Heroman

Banned
So, WK11 main event - who you going for?

Consensus seems to be "Omega, otherwise what's the point?", but I'm going to guess Okada wins and then drops it at New Beginning because that seems like a typically Gedo thing to do
If they want to make Omega into a superstar then he has to win.

Recall

Triple H is excellent. He devalued his own stock due to his ego and burial of so many other performers that of course it's easy to hate him now, but he had his time and place and he excelled during it. He simply outstayed his welcome.

Top Bottom