• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

December Wrasslin' |OT| Dreaming of a Vanilla Christmas

Sephzilla

Roman will be champ, Goldberg wins the rumble. Roman retains at WM, clean

mark my fucking words

You see, I want to tell you that even Vince wouldn't greenlight such a bad idea. But he gave the green light to HHH vs Roman with Roman going over.

I'd be game for a Roman/Goldberg WrestleMania if it ended with Goldberg destroying Roman faster than Brock.

Sephzilla

Actually I take back my Sami Zayn pick, as I have a different person I'd be happy seeing win a Royal Rumble

miz-maryse.gif

Jake planting pudgy young Rick Steiner's face into the mat;

emmnKKt.gif

Also watched a great Murdoch vs DiBiase match that was pretty much them just punching each other in the face for 15 minutes. Also, love Murdoch being so hated in Houston that heel DiBiase was cheered even when winning with heel tactics.

Kaladin

Balor vs KO for the title at Mania would be an awesome continuation of their NXT feud.

But then Balor vs AJ building on their history in Japan.....

Striker

I'd say either ADR or Shaemus winning the rumble, since I don't remember either of them being really hyped up before that. Both those were surprises in bad ways.
ADR was the top heel on Smackdown at the time; prior to the Rumble he feuded with Rey. Sheamus was the next big babyface they wanted to push since he was big nose's workout buddy. Didn't work out obviously because they suck at writing and booking.

And looking at these Rumbles and participants, I'm seeing the challenger for the title (who loses) also in the Rumble itself. The fuck? They didn't even do this in the mid 90's when the roster was super dire in depth.

emmnKKt.gif

Also watched a great Murdoch vs DiBiase match that was pretty much them just punching each other in the face for 15 minutes. Also, love Murdoch being so hated in Houston that heel DiBiase was cheered even when winning with heel tactics.

Old wrestling crowds are the best

We are still over a month out from the rumble and it isnt super obvious exactly what the direction for the Rumble is so thats nice.

Last few years you could easily predict the WM main event by Summerslam.

klonere

Banned

emmnKKt.gif

I love everything in this gif, my god.

If it's anything like the match they had at the Dublin house show then prepare to be underwhelmed. The entrances and crowd atmosphere should be class though.

Yeah whatever about TV, I cannot imagine the slog of a Roode Nak house show main event.

TraBuch

Banned
Is Nikki Cross legit good or is she another Apollo Crews or TM61 where people hyped the shit out of them when they got signed but they're clearly not ready?

Is Nikki Cross still over-exaggerating how crazy she is or has she toned it down? I like her but so far what I've seen of Sanity has her going overboard.

http://www.pwinsider.com/ViewArticle.php?id=106435
WWE SIGNING UPDATES

Mickie James' WWE deal is said to be a three year contract.

Drew Gulak is 100% signed and sealed and is closing out his independents dates.

WWE is absolutely in signing mode right now. We are told that the company is working harder than ever to evaluate and watch the independent scene, to the point that WWE is now watching iPPVs and doing complete agent's reports on them (similar to reports WWE create for their own live events to track talents and how they are improving) so they can track talents from afar. I was told you can expect a lot of talent acquisitions in the first quarter of 2017.

WWE already has a new crop of talents set to report to the Performance Center on 1/3. Heidi Lovelace, Kimber Lee, Nixon Newell and Evie are all expected to be signed and reporting on that date.

BREAKING NEWS: WWE Signs Everyone!

In all seriousness, very well deserved for all - Evie's a perfect match for NXT, tbh.

Kaladin

My Top 5 WWE 2016 Matches

1. TJP vs Gran Metalik CWC Finale
2. Zayn vs Nakamura
3. AJ vs Cena at Summerslam
4. DIY vs Revival (2/3 Falls)
5. Johnny Gargano vs Tomasso Ciampa (CWC)

Sephzilla

So has any 2016 WWE match topped Sami vs. Nakamura at Takeover Dallas?

Cena vs .Styles at SummerSlam
Goldberg vs Brock

2. Zayn vs Nakamura

The top 4 of this list you could put in any order and i'd be okay with it

My early predictions for potential Royal Rumble winners are
  • Goldberg
  • Roman Reigns
  • John Cena
  • Finn Balor
    [*]Sami Zayn
It's almost certainly going to be a face character since both champs are currently heels
*Roman Reigns laughing.gif*

Zayn could put on a five star clinic with a jobber and I'm sure Vince wouldn't notice, too underdog from too far underground for Vinny Mac, Zayn winning the rumble would be inzayn.

Which doesn't matter when you can just hotshot the belt onto literally anyone via the Elimination Chamber.
Do we still have the EC PPV?
It's like WWE tried to phase it out for a year after the intercontinental title debacle

Hogan's winning the Rumble dudes.
Depressingly more believable than most.

Actually I take back my Sami Zayn pick, as I have a different person I'd be happy seeing win a Royal Rumble

miz-maryse.gif
We need Miz vs Rock, revenge of a lifetime.

Is Nikki Cross still over-exaggerating how crazy she is or has she toned it down? I like her but so far what I've seen of Sanity has her going overboard.
Hopefully there's less rope chewing right now.

I liked Revival vs DIY more.
That makes two of us.

Sephzilla

We need Miz vs Rock, revenge of a lifetime

Why would there be revenge though? Rock is the reason Miz retained his title at Wrestlemania. That being said, I'd be down for Miz vs Rock. The brief Miz/Rock segments before WrestleMania 27 were actually better than the Cena/Rock segments

2. Zayn vs Nakamura
I personally think that Kota Ibushi vs Cedric Alexander is a lot better than Gargano vs Ciampa (its the best match of the tournament IMO) but I pretty much agree.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Cena is winning the Rumble

book that

Why would there be revenge though? Rock is the reason Miz retained his title at Wrestlemania. That being said, I'd be down for Miz vs Rock. The brief Miz/Rock segments before WrestleMania 27 were actually better than the Cena/Rock segments

Technically incorrect since the match was a double countout and Miz would have retained without any interference if not for the Rock restarting the match to begin with.

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!

miz-maryse.gif
I would completely lose my shit if Miz won the rumble. It would make me so happy. Dude deserves another Mania main event.

He should do what he did at the rumble last year except follow through with it to the end. Come out and go straight on commentary for the rest of the match, sneak in at the last minute and get the final elimination.

Top Bottom