• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

December Wrasslin' |OT| Dreaming of a Vanilla Christmas

BatistaThumbsDown1.gif

Sephzilla

I want to pick your brains, WrestlingGAF. What are some of your favorite face turns?

4501%20-%20blood%20stone_cold_steve_austin%20wrestlemania%20wwf%20yelling.png

Reason: It's the most perfectly executed face turn in the history of professional wrestling. It didn't compromise Austin's character at all or what he stood for, it simply changed how the fans perceived him.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Batista really was a fantastic face turn. Kane believe it or not has multiple great turns. Mankind has an amazing one at the Deadly Games.

If you want some retro ones then you have Macho reconciliation with Liz, Big Boss Man embracing true law and order, Nikita Koloff.

I want to pick your brains, WrassleGAF. What are some of your favourite face turns?

Ted DiBiase's face turn in Mid-South, pretty much perfectly executed over the course of an hour. Ted went from one of the most despised to the local hero trying to wrench the title from Flair's grasp, it pretty much made him.

More recently, Jimmy Havoc returning at Brixton a few months back and blowing the roof off the place by ending Scurll's title reign.

I want to pick your brains, WrestlingGAF. What are some of your favorite face turns?
It's not as big as the examples already given of which I'd probably have posted Austin but I like Becky Lynch's face turn from her match at Unstoppable. While she turned on Sasha, she was still more or less a heel since she never had a big turn. Then during the match the crowd goes from being on Sasha's side to slowly siding with Becky, leading to that great moment at the end where the crowd sings her theme song before it even plays.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Before Seth Rollins, Buff Daddy had a heartfelt promo about returning from his broken freaking neck that got him really over with the fans as a face

then he turned heel again

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I can't believe the Drifter has been around this long and we still know nothing about him story wise

He's an impeccably dressed hobo who decided to become a professional wrestler for whatever reason. There you go, story told.

Interesting bit from Meltzer I didn't see posted here yesterday.

Several of the guys at the most recent WWE tryout camp were sent e-mails that right now the company is not looking at hiring anyone who is heavier than 205 pounds for the time being. Talk about a change in thoughts on business.

Ithil

Interesting bit from Meltzer I didn't see posted here yesterday.

The metamorphosis in WWE's hiring policies in a very short time is bizarre. This turnaround took place in only the last two years or so, even with the Punks and Bryans they've had. Perhaps only in the last 18 months, in fact.

The metamorphosis in WWE's hiring policies in a very short time is bizarre. This turnaround took place in only the last two years or so, even with the Punks and Bryans they've had. Perhaps only in the last 18 months, in fact.

I know we like to lambast them for their treatment of Punk and Bryan (and rightfully so in most aspects), but it's clear that they learned something from those two about who can get over at a top level. It's the same thing they are learning now with Sasha and Charlotte in respect to the women.

But this is a result of a series of things happening exactly right (Punk gets over, Bryan gets over, HHH is put in charge of talent relations, NXT starts and gets hot, the SHIELD gets incredibly over, etc.). There's been a slow shift over the past few years, and now we're sitting here with WWE's top target being Adam Cole.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
FF6 is the most boring, safe answer to favorite final fantasy. I got more respect for the dude who says FF8 is their favorite because at least they're not picking some 'aeroplane over the sea - pls dont insult my tastes' game.

Sephzilla

Anyone who says FF8 is the best Final Fantasy should have their head checked. The game is mediocre and all of the hype around it was because it was the game that followed FF7.

I will say that, as someone who really loves FF6, it does have one really overrated part to it - it has a boring as fuck villain.

Xion385

FF6 is the most boring, safe answer to favorite final fantasy. I got more respect for the dude who says FF8 is their favorite because at least they're not picking some 'aeroplane over the sea - pls dont insult my tastes' game.

FFX is my favorite because it was the first one I was able to beat as a kid. The ones before that were so dam tough. Also, Auron and Lulu.

Anyone who says FF8 is the best Final Fantasy should have their head checked. The game is mediocre and all of the hype around it was because it was the game that followed FF7.

8 may have been different, but it was still fun. I struggle to think of anything fun in 6 or, god forbid, 4.

Entropia

No One Remembers

Aeroplanes over the sea is a fucking horrible album though. Fuck?

Also FF6 is pretty goat. It's not without its flaws, but none of the FF games are.

6 > 9 > 4 > Mystic Quest > 7

Sephzilla

8 may have been different, but it was still fun. I struggle to think of anything fun in 6 or, god forbid, 4.

From what I remember, FF8 had random encounter enemies that would scale to your party's level - which is one of the most incredibly stupid things to ever get into a Final Fantasy game. FF8 is also the most aingsty teen drama game of them all.

FF4 is a game I really enjoyed when I was younger but upon revisiting it I don't really care for it much at all. So I agree with you there.

http://www.pwinsider.com/ViewArticle.php?id=106435
WWE SIGNING UPDATES

Mickie James' WWE deal is said to be a three year contract.

Drew Gulak is 100% signed and sealed and is closing out his independents dates.

WWE is absolutely in signing mode right now. We are told that the company is working harder than ever to evaluate and watch the independent scene, to the point that WWE is now watching iPPVs and doing complete agent's reports on them (similar to reports WWE create for their own live events to track talents and how they are improving) so they can track talents from afar. I was told you can expect a lot of talent acquisitions in the first quarter of 2017.

WWE already has a new crop of talents set to report to the Performance Center on 1/3. Heidi Lovelace, Kimber Lee, Nixon Newell and Evie are all expected to be signed and reporting on that date.

That could explain why Kimber got so much offense in on NXT. But god... They need to give Ember Moon some mic or backstage time to get her some character/personality development.

By gawd the Spear!

UhCpIoJ.gif

#BetterThanRoman

Top Bottom