• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

December Wrasslin' |OT| Dreaming of a Vanilla Christmas

^That match was so good it almost made me a Reigns fan, then I had to endure his craptacular character that's barely a character on Raw the next night and remembered the reasons why I just can't root for him no matter how many slick super powerbombs he performs

Why would there be revenge though? Rock is the reason Miz retained his title at Wrestlemania. That being said, I'd be down for Miz vs Rock. The brief Miz/Rock segments before WrestleMania 27 were actually better than the Cena/Rock segments

Rock stole Miz's thunder, it was supposed to be Miz's mania moment and on the way, on the night and after the match all the people cared about was ROCKY ROCKY ROCKY.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Cena vs AJ will main event Mania.

I think Lesnar/Goldberg will main event, despite the fact that its practically a guarantee that a WM main event Cena/AJ match would blow the roof off.

I don't think Sami will win the rumble, but I have this feeling he might get the MITB next year.

My more fantasy booking wish of that is Rusev gets the briefcase.

Sephzilla

Miz wins the Royal Rumble as the Intercontinental Champion and brags about being the first person to challenge the World Champ as IC Champion since Ultimate Warrior - fuel for tons of heat right there

Cena is winning the Rumble

I'd actually be okay with this. Cena's 2015 run was legitimately great and his 2016 run was pretty solid too.

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
Rock stole Miz's thunder, it was supposed to be Miz's mania moment and on the way, on the night and after the match all the people cared about was ROCKY ROCKY ROCKY.
If you didn't know any better you'd have thought the main event of Mania 27 was Cena vs Rock based on that buildup. Such a shame. And I wont lie. Even as a Miz fan all my excitement at that point was about The Rock.

Sephzilla

If you didn't know any better you'd have thought the main event of Mania 27 was Cena vs Rock based on that buildup. Such a shame. And I wont lie. Even as a Miz fan all my excitement at that point was about The Rock.

The Wrestlemania 27 buildup was the first time I thought Miz had legit staying power in the company. I thought he did a really good job of not getting overshadowed by Rock and Cena and actually held his own.

Dat Hate Me Now promo package tho

QONVIyz.gif

Your reminder that the following PPV after retaining at WM27 Miz dropped the belt to Cena in an uneventful cage match that may or may not have also contained JoMosapien.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I honestly have no idea what WrestleMania will look like. There's too many things going on on both brands for it to be remotely realistic to expect all the angles to pay off.

At best I would guess that these are on the card:

AJ Styles v. John Cena
Orton v. Bray Wyatt
Brock Lesnar v. Goldberg
Seth Rollins v. HHH

After that its pretty muddy:

My guesses:

Bayley v. Sasha v. Charlotte? I don't think they leave Charlotte out, although I guess its possible they do a multi-woman match to get all the other women on the card, but she's been positioned so high I have to think she's on the main card.

Becky v. Nikki Bella is the hottest thing they could have going on the women's side on SD by then, as well, although its face vs. face. Nikki could go heel, but it seems like a dumb idea - she's managed to actually get over in this run.

I'm guessing on Kevin Owens v. Finn Balor, since he's supposed to be back by then and they want to sell him as a big deal.

Roman's probably in the Universal Title hunt also, but I have no idea how they plan to fit Roman on the card. It's also possible they just let Lesnar win the Rumble and the title so that they can justify the main event, but its a bad idea since that match does not need the title to make it an attraction.

New Day is probably still around, but I think Enzo and Cass will get the title at WM in some fashion - either ND will be heels by then, or something. New Day could easily go heel - the difference between the heel and face New Day is non-existent beyond higher levels of cheating.

I guess American Alpha could finally get over the hump at this point.

Sami Zayn is going to be in the jobber rumble.

Recall

The Wrestlemania 27 buildup was the first time I thought Miz had legit staying power in the company. I thought he did a really good job of not getting overshadowed by Rock and Cena and actually held his own.

And in the end it was all for nothing. Took just 3 weeks for the miz to be another Cena victim.

Sephzilla

And in the end it was all for nothing. Took just 3 weeks for the miz to be another Cena victim.

Well yeah, that was inevitable. If you were a target for Cena in that era you were done. I'm pretty sure even Undertaker's streak would have ended if Cena wished it.

I'm not ready for Nikki to beat Becky for the title since she'll probably go into a feud with Asuka then after she gets called up.

Unless it leads to Asuka beating her straight-up in their first match to set up her and Becky for Summerslam.

The Kat had the only singles match at WM2000, she was the bastion of traditional wrasslin' values that the PPV desperately lacked, a true classic.

I think Lesnar/Goldberg will main event, despite the fact that its practically a guarantee that a WM main event Cena/AJ match would blow the roof off.

Yup. And aren't we building - in terms of social media nonsense and WWE.com stuff - to AJ vs The Undertaker? (Non-title - I'm assuming he'll drop in Elimination Chamber, or possibly returning Cena at the Rumble?)

Angry Grimace

Yup. And aren't we building - in terms of social media nonsense and WWE.com stuff - to AJ vs The Undertaker? (Non-title - I'm assuming he'll drop in Elimination Chamber, or possibly returning Cena at the Rumble?)

I don't know that Styles will drop before WrestleMania. He's literally the biggest star on SmackDown right now (since Cena's been gone) and they treat AJ like an actual main eventer, unlike Kevin Owens.

I don't know what the Undertaker's plan is, I always forget he comes back for this thing. I guess they could swerve to some combo of Orton/Styles/Cena/Undertaker.

Kaladin

USA Network's WWE HOLIDAY WEEK will include:

Monday, December 12

· Festivities will begin with three hours of WWE MONDAY NIGHT RAW(R) at 8/7c, featuring superstars Roman Reigns, Seth Rollins, Kevin Owens, Rusev, Charlotte Flair and Sasha Banks from the Wells Fargo Center in Philadelphia, PA.

Tuesday, December 13

· The week continues with a trio of WWE legend Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson's movies - Faster (2010) at 1pm/12c, G.I. Joe: Retaliation (2013) at 3pm/2c and The Other Guys (2010) at 5:30pm/4:30c.

· The two-hour WWE SMACKDOWN(R) LIVE will take place at the Verizon Center in Washington, D.C. at 8/7c, with top Superstars including Dean Ambrose, AJ Styles, Becky Lynch, Bray Wyatt, Kane and Randy Orton.

· Following WWE SMACKDOWN LIVE, an all-new episode of USA Network's hit original series SHOOTER will feature WWE Superstar Randy Orton in a special guest starring role. The series, starring Ryan Phillippe, airs every Tuesday at 10/9c.

Wednesday, December 14

· At 8/7c, WWE and USA Network will celebrate our nation's heroes with the two-hour TRIBUTE TO THE TROOPS. Held at the Verizon Center in Washington D.C., this year marks the first time in the event's 14-year history that it will take place in our nation's capital.

Additionally, TALK STOOP with Cat Greenleaf will feature interviews throughout the week with WWE Superstars, including Roman Reigns, Chris Jericho, The Miz and Stephanie McMahon.

Top Bottom