• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

December Wrasslin' |OT| Dreaming of a Vanilla Christmas

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I think Evie had an NXT match once already.

Fake edit: that's right, she was the jobber for Nia Jax's NXT debut.

korly

Most underrated Final Fantasy game is XIII-2. After hating, and I mean hating XIII, it was just a good deal of fun with a sympathetic villain.

Plus, Lightning only being in it for about five minutes helped greatly.

XIII-2 is SO MUCH BETTER than XIII but no one tried it because they were burned by XIII.

ALnhkZT.gif
HBK just mad that he got out-politicked by the Hulkster, brother.

Fox318

kGkIpYS.png

SHOOTMAS Day 8
Minnesota's WWE Brock Lesnar vs Iowa's Wes Hand

PnR8NuD.gif
AiM6esA.gif

"The most difficult, as I look back at my career, everything has been quite a challenge but I think my most physical feat that I've accomplished was winning an NCAA heavyweight championship," - Lesnar

Minnesota football coach Glen Mason is wooing Lesnar to play defensive line for him next fall, an option he is considering.He has also been contacted by the WWF and World Championship Wrestling, but Lesnar would like to try to qualify for the 2000Olympics (the trials are in April) and play football before pondering a career in pro wrestling.

"It's great to have a bunch of options, but all I can think about is winning a national title," says Lesnar. "Sometimes Ilie in bed and dream about it, and I wake up sweating. It takes more than talent. It's about heart and desire, and I want it more than anyone."

http://www.si.com/vault/2000/03/06/...ht-brock-lesnar-makes-rivals-look-lilliputian

Brock Lesnar left college with an incredible 106-5 record overall. This is the championship match that he strives for so long to win and afterwards would go in a downward spiral and flunking school. He was the favorite to win and while he wasn't known for being the most technical wrestler ever his unique blend of strength and speed mad it almost impossible for people to take him down and keep him down.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aYgPH80oITA

Also understand that when you get to this level of competition wrestlers tend not to get pinned and lose by fall. If you want to see Brock win by fall check out this semifinal matchup against Pennsylvania's Bandele Adeniyi-Bada. This also featured the rare "Wheel of Death":

a8IZbnv.gif

Past Days

Ultratech

XIII-2 is ace.

The time travel, the monster collecting, the story conclusion. i really enjoyed my time with it.

I have XIII-2, I just need to get around to actually playing it.

I've heard good things about it though, so that helps.

This is gonna be amazing.

Yup.

From what little I've heard of it so far, it might be fucking nuts.

But hopefully not another Joker Sting situation.

DMczaf

kGkIpYS.png

SHOOTMAS Day 8

PnR8NuD.gif
AiM6esA.gif

http://www.si.com/vault/2000/03/06/...ht-brock-lesnar-makes-rivals-look-lilliputian

Brock Lesnar left college with an incredible 106-5 record overall. This is the championship match that he strives for so long to win and afterwards would go in a downward spiral and flunking school. He was the favorite to win and while he wasn't known for being the most technical wrestler ever his unique blend of strength and speed mad it almost impossible for people to take him down and keep him down.

Also understand that when you get to this level of competition wrestlers tend not to get pinned and lose by fall. If you want to see Brock win by fall check out this semifinal matchup against Pennsylvania's Bandele Adeniyi-Bada. This also featured the rare "Wheel of Death":

a8IZbnv.gif

Past Days

Shootmas !!!?

Fox318

I liked Shootmas but you really lost me at the Vader vs Ric Flair copout Fox
That match felt real and the damage the performers took was real. Vaders face was a bloody mess and the true emotional story of what they match meant for Flair was as real as scripted sports can be.

It's not about the result being fixed so much as it's about coming across as real or being real. I have one for tomorrow that showcases a performers amazing ability and sadly wrestling doesn't take advantage of that enough.

imBask

Banned
That match felt real and the damage the performers took was real. Vaders face was a bloody mess and the true emotional story of what they match meant for Flair was as real as scripted sports can be.

It's not about the result being fixed so much as it's about coming across as real or being real. I have one for tomorrow that showcases a performers amazing ability and sadly wrestling doesn't take advantage of that enough.

copout I say

i'd rather watch more of Big Dave move slower than a glacier in the octagon

I saw someone bring up an interesting point. They are going into a period of a few weeks where they are making it seem like a lot of people want a shot at Asuka (Ember Moon, Kay and Royce, and now as of last night Nikki Cross), but she says no one is worthy of it as of her promo last night. And Graves had a line on commentary about "there are women all around the world who want a shot at Asuka".

So what if the heavily rumored/almost certainly happening women's tournament is for a shot at Asuka? What if Asuka is NXT's Shao Kahn?

I saw someone bring up an interesting point. They are going into a period of a few weeks where they are making it seem like a lot of people want a shot at Asuka (Ember Moon, Kay and Royce, and now as of last night Nikki Cross), but she says no one is worthy of it as of her promo last night. And Graves had a line on commentary about "there are women all around the world who want a shot at Asuka".

So what if the heavily rumored/almost certainly happening women's tournament is for a shot at Asuka? What if Asuka is NXT's Shao Kahn?
When is the tournament meant to be happening? Early next year?

I figure Regal will just set a match up for Asuka because she has to defend the title, even if he's just giving her opponents she can easily beat. Eventually Ember Moon has gotta make a case for her to receive a title shot. I haven't been following NXT TV much, is she undefeated in singles matches?

Or they just do a tournament with the roster they already have, with maybe some additions of the new signings.

korly

kGkIpYS.png

SHOOTMAS Day 8

PnR8NuD.gif
AiM6esA.gif

a8IZbnv.gif

Past Days

Shootmas is the most wonderful time of the year! Thanks Fox!

When is the tournament meant to be happening? Early next year?

I figure Regal will just set a match up for Asuka because she has to defend the title, even if he's just giving her opponents she can easily beat. Eventually Ember Moon has gotta make a case for her to receive a title shot. I haven't been following NXT TV much, is she undefeated in singles matches?

Or they just do a tournament with the roster they already have, with maybe some additions of the new signings.

Tournament is starting sometimes in the first quarter of the year. Meltzer had a story a few weeks ago saying that some indie women were told to keep their schedules relatively light from Jan-Apr.

If WWE end up doing the rumored Women's International tournament thing, I have to imagine some of the women from Stardom will be in it. I know the rumored contract stuff fell through, but it wouldn't surprise me if they still go to the event (and WWE puts more pressure on them signing).

Io Shirai is believable going over Asuka. Although, they do have some history so they might work themselves into a shoot.

Heroman

Banned
If WWE end up doing the rumored Women's International tournament thing, I have to imagine some of the women from Stardom will be in it. I know the rumored contract stuff fell through, but it wouldn't surprise me if they still go to the event (and WWE puts more pressure on them signing).

Io Shirai is believable going over Asuka. Although, they do have some history so they might work themselves into a shoot.
They can't go if they are under contracts, and given what happened recently in stardom they are staying there.

Tournament is starting sometimes in the first quarter of the year. Meltzer had a story a few weeks ago saying that some indie women were told to keep their schedules relatively light from Jan-Apr.
That can work if the idea is Asuka being brought up on a post-Mania show. I would still prefer if she just gave the belt up because she doesn't care to fight anyone anymore in NXT and just goes to the main roster but what can you do.

AFAIK, the Shirai/Hojo contract stuff was never resolved. The last update we got was weeks ago from Meltzer that they were "reconsidering".

Edit: This is the exact quote from the Nov. 21st WON:

This isn’t related to the WWE talk, but right now, as noted last week, after it was almost a sure thing both Shirai and Hojo were gone, they’ve both reconsidered and now are looking at staying and trying to build up Stardom.

His wording is kind of vague, but it could mean one of two things depending on how you interpret "looking at staying". Either that means they are "looking at" the idea of staying and are still considering their options, or they are "looking at" staying in the sense that they are looking towards the future with the idea that they are staying.

Jericho comes out to distract Roman so KO can get the win. It doesn't work, cue HHH doing something that then ensures it does work.

Then we suffer a few more weeks of no answers from HHH until football season ends.

Kinda sad on the last Nitro Shane called all of the shots and treated everyone so professionally. Even insisted that Ric and Sting do their thing. Shane was in awe at that. But it sucks that this guy was treated like the step child even before ass kisser came in the picture. Ideas like ufc and doing the nxt thing a very long time ago. Say what you want but he's the best character guy and you have to respect him for going out of the comfort of his father and marking his own path.

Top Bottom