• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

December Wrasslin' |OT| PUT A Z-PAK ON THE THREAD, PAL. YOU'RE WORKING TONIGHT

• Thread starter Deleted member 47027
  • Start date

strobogo

Banned
Am I doing it wrong for having astronomical expectations for Zayn/Neville at the next NXT PPV? Cause that has a fighting chance to destroy everything in it's path for MOTY.

WHO KNOWS?!

I don't think it will get there, but Neville just doesn't do much for me. I think he's more interesting now going heel when he needs to, but all I'm really looking forward to is Sami finally winning the big one, possibly a brainbustaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa, and Steen showing up to crush him after the match.

His performance of the year:

ibp2ZDFVW6hK1t.gif

Vylash

I don't think it will get there, but Neville just doesn't do much for me. I think he's more interesting now going heel when he needs to, but all I'm really looking forward to is Sami finally winning the big one, possibly a brainbustaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa, and Steen showing up to crush him after the match.

oh god no, a Steen/Zayn feud right now would be awful no matter what the outcome

Match of the year for me off the top of my head would probably have to be D.Bry/HHH.
Though I remember Dean and Rollins having a great match till Kane had to go and ruin it.
Dubs really missed the boat of Rollins and Ambrose, hopefully they'll cross paths again for a proper MOTY candidate in 2015.

DiscoJon

Banned
Sunny, Stro, Bean Bionic brothers, Prof. Beef, Falling Edge and Bronson, Aiiii, Heel, Alucard, Fox318s, SimplyTheBests, Plywood, Data West.

trre.gif

Let me give you some backstage advice, kid. These "Main Eventers" will throw you under the bus at the drop of a hat. They're the types to give you a Z-Pack when you've got a concussion. Take the advice of your new friend, "Stone Cold" Disco:
7d4ea8fc65ec9afba4533dfb539bdd17001da2124c98571dcb6a68f2dc49a8e4.jpg

DMczaf

In the tradition of Sunny, in the tradition of Stro, of the Bean Bionic brothers, of Prof. Beef, of Falling Edge and Bronson, of Aiiii, of Heel-- the man who will never die.
As the real captain of this ship EvilLore, upstairs tonight.
From the Alucards, to the Fox318s, to the... SimplyTheBests, I accept this GAF membership. ... Wait a second. Of Plywood. Of the fat man himself, Data West. This is it tonight, Dad.
God, that's beautiful...and they can all kiss my ass!

ZVDmbQA.png

Because! I am not the man who accepts a torch to be handed down to me from an organization that died-- RIP-- seven years ago. The Freckhise, is the man who ignites the new flame of the sport of professional wrestling forum posting!
Tonight, before God and my father is witness,
I declare myself, The Freckhise, as the new GAF Heavyweight Champion of the world! I have set out to change the face of professional wrestling forum posting.
So tonight, let the new era begin: the era of the sport of professional wrestling forum, the era of The Freckhise!

Did you shake my hand, motherfucker?

Thorakai

tight race between brie bella and john cena for performances of the year

will do the new day be able the shuck and jive their way into our hearts to win it all? i want to believe they have it in them, friends

Dammit I leave for a week and now I see a new guy showing up trying to bury everyone.

Also NJPW World sounds great. Hopefully it actually has all the content upfront.

Evening Musuko

Black Korea
Anyone getting NJPW World, just launched today and it is essentially New Japan's WWE Network (999 yen per month/$8.40 a month)

Also

Sounds like a pretty good deal in my opinion, may get it at the beginning of the year

I signed up as soon as I could. It accepted my American credit card, and now I'm watching through the past matches. Great video quality. I'm not sure if it's HD but it's much better than what I got on Ustream. Well worth it if you're a NJPW fan.

Fave Five wrestlers that wear white tape wrist bands.

- Daniel Bryan
- Shawn Michaels
- Kats Shibata
- Savage
- Arn Anderson

Honorable mention - Punk (dude had that white tape on like fuckin mittens.)

Fave Five wrestlers that wear BLACK tape wrist bands.

- Stone Cold
- Kaz Okada
- Jericho...I guess
- I'm pretty sure Bret wore a pair one time
- Uhhh....I think Cesaro wore some in an episode of Raw I think. Probably Smackdown.

Jamie OD

Details on NJPW World from Meltzer:

The press conference is still going on but this is what we know:

*The web site is http://njpwworld.com

*The price is 999 yen per month. The conversion rate is favorable right now as that price is $8.40 in the U.S., $9.60 Canadian and 5.38 pounds.

*There will be a full lineup of live events, basically every major show will air live. There are four shows in December, including late Saturday's tag team tournament finals. There are five shows in January, including Wrestle Kingdom, the 1/5 Korakuen Hall show (Raw after WrestleMania show), and the two Fantastica Mania shows from Korakuen Hall, as well as a 1/30 show.

*There will be a lot of archived content including what appear to be documentaries surrounding some of the legendary matches in New Japan history including Antonio Inoki vs. Willem Ruska, Inoki vs. Hulk Hogan, Tiger Mask vs Dynamite Kid, Keiji Muto vs. Nobuhiko Takada, as well as all of the major events as well as the G-1 Climax movie that playerd this year in movie theaters in Japan.

*Takaaki Kidani said that New Japan is right now the No. 2 pro wrestling company in the world as a business, but No. 1 as far as wrestling goes, and their goal is to surpass WWE and be No. 1 as far as business.

*They are taking a similar risk as WWE, in the sense they are undercutting the price of iPPVs, as the big shows have been 1800 yen, and the Tokyo Dome was last year around 3500 yen, looking to increase volume with the lower price. WWE was not successful in the same strategy. They also also apparently giving up Samurai! TV, as the shows that were formerly on Samurai! TV, like the Korakuen Hall shows, will now by on the service.

*If you time your order, you would be able to watch the entire G-1 Climax series for $8.40 instead of $150 from two years ago and $110 this past year. When it comes to the U.S. market, they are undercutting themselves, but the U.S. is not their primary market.

*Right now they are showing on the screen the Inoki & Sakaguchi vs. Karl Gotch & Lou Thesz match.

*There are hundreds of matches historically, including everything of significance from the past three years, and some matches every year dating back to 1972.

*The first year goal is 100,000 subscribers.

Your avatar looks like it was taken with a potato, but you did pick the best heel diva in dis carney bidness.

Hard to find a good picture that wasn't posed that would go at least somewhat well with the hat, but I digress. Nice to see someone who appreciates The Boss, though.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Friend serenewarfare here is a very valuable and rare pic of Sasha Banks with a very real Christmas tree behind her in the background:

74zeSss.jpg

(Do not steal)

Top Bottom