• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

December Wrasslin' |OT| PUT A Z-PAK ON THE THREAD, PAL. YOU'RE WORKING TONIGHT

• Thread starter Deleted member 47027
  • Start date
Where's the best place to watch ROH or Lucha Underground (Or just anything that isn't WWE?)

UK here so there's no way it'll be on tv right?

chunk3rvd

Anyone got a link to a direct download of the Punk podcast or could be kind enough to stick it on Mega for me?

Been away all weekend at PCW/ROH and arrived back home but I'm in a new house and won't have Internet till the 12th. Can access the web in work now but iTunes isn't working for me and work is blocking XWT so I can't grab it off there. Want to hear what all the fuss is about! Thanks in advance if anyone can help

Where's the best place to watch ROH or Lucha Underground (Or just anything that isn't WWE?)

Only non-WWE wrestling on TV in the UK is TNA on Challenge. They also do a 'British Wrestling Round-up' show that features highlights from various UK promotions.

For ROH, sign up a free account at www.rohwrestling.com and you can watch their weekly TV show on the website. For Lucha Underground, you'll have to resort to dailymotion/youtube links.

Also, New Japan just launched their subscription service, for a little over £5 a month; http://njpwworld.com

Lastly, some of the top British promotions have shows available to download and/or stream, definitely worth checking out - PROGRESS Wrestling; http://tinyurl.com/DownloadProgress, Revolution Pro UK; https://vimeo.com/revprouk, Preston City Wrestling; https://vimeo.com/prestoncitywrestling, Insane Championship Wrestling; https://icwondemand.pivotshare.com/

For the NJPW World is it available on streaming players or just the website right now?

I've seen people saying they had success with chrome cast and apple's TV streaming thingy, but yeah, it's just the website at present.

Aiii

So not worth it
I definitely recommend the Chromecast, only costs 35 Euro and allows you to stream Chrome tabs to your TV so you can pretty much stream anything, including this, fullscreen.

Alucard

Banned

Ring of Honor shows their latest show on their website for free. You can watch it here:

http://rohwrestling.com/tv/current

They air their show on television on Saturday and then post it to their website the following Thursday or Friday.

The current episode features a really good main event between AJ Styles and Hanson.

Lucha Underground pops up on dailymotion.com at some point the day after it airs. (LU airs Wednesdays)

Nice one gang

fistbump.gif

Marvel

could never
King of lean...ing his neck.

Ice cold.

Styles clash to me is crazy, there's not really a way to check if your guy is tucking... to just drop almost blindly is too big a risk imo.

I thought this even before the multiple neck breaks of late. Now I can barely watch the move being done.

Cagey

Banned
Ice cold.

Styles clash to me is crazy, there's not really a way to check if your guy is tucking... to just drop almost blindly is too big a risk imo.

I thought this even before the multiple neck breaks of late. Now I can barely watch the move being done.
Not to mention it's an awfully dumb looking move. A lot of risk for what amounts to AJ Styles bellyflopping onto someone's back and possibly burying his head into his opponent's asshole.

Alucard

Banned
I just signed up for NJPW World.

Thank you, New Japan, for offering this type of service online in Canada. Really awesome.

I really hope they have an English version of the site up at some point, though.

EDIT: Had an issue trying to load up their oldest match from 1973, but now watching something from 2012.

THIS VIDEO QUALITY. OMG NO MORE YOUTUBE FOR THIS STUFF IS AMAZING.

EDIT 2: Aaaaand...buffering issues. Hrm. I hope this isn't a regular thing.

Hasney

He should probably just yell "DON'T TUCK" as he delivers it. Find some way for his character to have a reason to yell it.

Aiii

So not worth it
He should probably just yell "DON'T TUCK" as he delivers it. Find some way for his character to have a reason to yell it.

It just goes against regular bumping, it's not AJ's fault, it's not the guy's taking it either, it's just a bad idea to do that move. It's not worth having a guy like Joshitatsu missing a whole year just for that move. I'm sure Styles will replace it with something else.

Aiii

So not worth it
It's much like the WWE Network, I guess 720p. It's smooth and has no noticeable artifacts even during fast movement.

Alucard

Banned
The video quality, from the brief bit I saw of it before my buffering issues, was very good. Not quite HD, but miles better than youtube and dailymotion. It looks sharp.

Xater

Ok sounds good. I'll subscribe on the 5th then. That way I can test it out and get WK. After that we will see how happy I am with it.

ggnoobIGN

Banned
I definitely recommend the Chromecast, only costs 35 Euro and allows you to stream Chrome tabs to your TV so you can pretty much stream anything, including this, fullscreen.
Amazon fire tv stick is bettter. It's generally cheaper. It has way better specs so I believe it's faster. And you can download the wwe network directly to it.

Hasney

Amazon fire tv stick is bettter. It's generally cheaper. It has way better specs so I believe it's faster. And you can download the wwe network directly to it.

But you can't buy it outside of the US yet I don't believe. At least not in the UK.

Aiii

So not worth it

We don't have Amazon over here, so I don't know. "It's faster" isn't an issue at all though, the Chromecast is a streaming device, you load an app on your mobile, Android or iOS, tap the Chromecast icon in the app and it starts streaming, works like a charm.

I prefer this approach, I've had all kind of streaming devices WDTV's, Apple TV, everything, but just picking up my tablet, going to the YouTube, Hulu or Netflix app and browsing and streaming from there is perfect, beats everything else I've used so far.

Hasney

We don't have Amazon over here, so I don't know. "It's faster" isn't an issue at all though, the Chromecast is a streaming device, you load an app on your mobile, Android or iOS, tap the Chromecast icon in the app and it starts streaming, works like a charm.

I prefer this approach, I've had all kind of streaming devices WDTV's, Apple TV, everything, but just picking up my tablet, going to the YouTube, Hulu or Netflix app and browsing and streaming from there is perfect, beats everything else I've used so far.

Yeah, it does the same thing basically, except you can buy shit like games and PPV for it directly within its OS as well as the mirroring.

Nisa65

Went to Saturday's Tag League show in Kagawa and took some (shitty) photos with my phone. Crowd were pretty quiet for the first few matches but got a lot more lively once Nakamura,Okada and Naito showd up.

A few things of note from the event.

- Nakamura was probably the most over guy on the roster.

- Naito seems to be getting more support from the crowd compared to the last time I saw him in this area.

- Japanese women seem to love Tanahashi a great deal and Japanese guys sure love Maria.

- Bullet Club merch was selling way more than any other from what I saw.

- Rob Conway is like a poor man's Buff Bagwell.

- AJ's botch on Kojima looked pretty awkward but he seemed alright afterwards. Took another Styles Clash right after it.

- Tenzan is pretty intimidating up close. Even when he's cutting through the fans in the lobby of a gym wearing nothing but his pants.

Marvel

could never
I really wish UK television would jump on Japanese and other American wrestling promotions man.

Nisa65

He was getting more cheers than Okada from what I heard. Mostly from the women and kids around where I was sitting right enough.

Naito's been steadily rebuilding himself, he gets a lot better crowd reactions now - even Osaka has turned the corner on him. Although his G1 win was well received, he had a pretty lacklustre tournament altogether and his run-in to the Tokyo Dome, while understandably booked the way it was, didn't really do anything to excite the audience for his match with Okada. Tanahashi had a lot to say about it in his book, laying a lot of the blame on the promos Naito was cutting.

Nice photos Nisa, love that shot of Shibata mid-strike.

It sucks that the Dome will be have to be condensed into four hours. Way too many matches for them all to get the time they deserve to be great.

Aiii

So not worth it
God, I hope there's another "Bret screwed Bret" moment on the McMahon/Austin live podcast tonight!

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
"I basically followed an instilled instinct and tucked my head"

And this is why Styles should not use the move.

Clearly when Frankie Kazarian was calling himself The Future, HE MEANT THIS

Also NJPWWorld sounds cool but I just got burned from the Network, dammit

DiscoJon

Banned
"I basically followed an instilled instinct and tucked my head"

And this is why Styles should not use the move.

Yeah, because "Hey guy, you know I'm going to go over (because pro-wrasslin is fake you dumb ass, and I, AJ STYLES, is going to "win" the match) and you know what my finish is.

LIFT YO HEAD BACK, Y'ALL.

Man, fucking NJPW World. Holy shit, watching Brody vs Fujinami. Good quality as well. This kinda rules. Here's a quick guide for anyone wanting to sign up;

www.njpwworld.com

NZqmmPW.jpg

^ wait for this splash screen to appear, tick the box and click the button

rWw5wMm.jpg

pAO4cjJ.jpg

^ scroll down and click button at the bottom of the page (cut off in the screenshot). The next page is just confirmation, click to proceed to payment info;

10EZyN4.jpg

H7bfusm.jpg

82e.gif

yay

Carnby

I feel kinda silly for buying a wrestling shirt, but I bought Punk's final wwe shirt. It was discounted due to the black Friday sale. It doesn't look completely terrible as there is nothing on the back. I'll admit that I purchased this out of nostalgia, and because it's selling fast.

Top Bottom