• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

December Wrasslin' |OT| PUT A Z-PAK ON THE THREAD, PAL. YOU'RE WORKING TONIGHT

• Thread starter Deleted member 47027
  • Start date
Really though, if Charlotte moving up soon, there is no better time than now to take the belt off of her. Winning the belt would validate Sasha's character in a way that would make her act a lot better. Then she can eventually lose it to Bayley, and the story will finally come full circle.

Really though, if Charlotte moving up soon, there is no better time than now to take the belt off of her. Winning the belt would validate Sasha's character in a way that would make her act a lot better. Then she can eventually lose it to Bayley, and the story will finally come full circle.

HlehxBT.gif

Man, fucking NJPW World. Holy shit, watching Brody vs Fujinami. Good quality as well. This kinda rules. Here's a quick guide for anyone wanting to sign up;

www.njpwworld.com

NZqmmPW.jpg

^ wait for this splash screen to appear, tick the box and click the button

rWw5wMm.jpg

pAO4cjJ.jpg

^ scroll down and click button at the bottom of the page (cut off in the screenshot). The next page is just confirmation, click to proceed to payment info;

10EZyN4.jpg

H7bfusm.jpg

That was never going to end well, look how damn stocky Kojima is up top.

Also, NJPW World is ¥999 / £5.39 / $8.40 / €6.74 a month. You get access to all the recent PPVs, split into individual matches, as well as a ton of archive content, all ordered chronologically and searchable by year, by name, by event. The live schedule includes shows not available on iPPV, such as the 12/15, 12/19 & 12/20 Road to Tokyo Dome events. January has a further 5 events, including two FantasticaMania shows, and a pre-show special for Wrestle Kingdom. This freaking rules.

Xater

That was never going to end well, look how damn stocky Kojima is up top.

Also, NJPW World is ¥999 / £5.39 / $8.40 / €6.74 a month. You get access to all the recent PPVs, split into individual matches, as well as a ton of archive content, all ordered chronologically and searchable by year, by name, by event. The live schedule includes shows not available on iPPV, such as the 12/15, 12/19 & 12/20 Road to Tokyo Dome events. January has a further 5 events, including two FantasticaMania shows, and a pre-show special for Wrestle Kingdom. This freaking rules.

So they only have old PPVs and not the current ones? Also weird that this company seems to be unable to deliver something that has at least some English text.

So they only have old PPVs and not the current ones? Also weird that this company seems to be unable to deliver something that has at least some English text.

It has all the recent PPVs, not just the old stuff. Every big show from 2014 is on there, but it looks like most PPVs will continue to air live on nicovideo before showing up on NJPW World, however WK9 is listed as being live on NJPW World. Need some confirmation of that, I think. And yeah, New Japan really could use some English translators for this shit.

Damn, that's a nice belt. How great was that RJ Singh entrance? Awesome to see him sent off in good fashion and that was probably the best match I've seen from him in PROGRESS.

Damn, that's a nice belt. How great was that RJ Singh entrance? Awesome to see him sent off in good fashion and that was probably the best match I've seen from him in PROGRESS.

A little overlong on the entrance, but good fun. Wonderful send off.

The Faceless thing was a bit shit tho.
Especially if it's the Riots.

Xater

It has all the recent PPVs, not just the old stuff. Every big show from 2014 is on there, but it looks like most PPVs will continue to air live on nicovideo before showing up on NJPW World, however WK9 is listed as being live on NJPW World. Need some confirmation of that, I think. And yeah, New Japan really could use some English translators for this shit.

Hmm if WK9 will be live I'll bite despite me wanting the English broadcast. The price is just too good.

strobogo

Banned
LEGITSHOOK.COM PRESENTS

Best of WWE 2014 Part 4

• Adrian Neville vs Tyson Kidd NXT Championship NXT Takeover 5/29/14
  • Sheamus vs Cesaro WWE US Championship Payback 2014
  • Rusev vs Big E Payback 2014
  • Bray Wyatt vs John Cena Last Man Standing Payback 2014
  • Evolution vs Shield Elimination Match Payback 2014
  • Seth Rollins vs Dean Ambrose vs Dolph Ziggler vs Kofi Kingston vs RVD vs Jack Swagger Money In The Bank MITB 2014
  • Big E vs Rusev MITB 2014
  • Usos vs Wyatt Family 2/3 Falls WWE Tag Team Championships Battleground 2014

I really think Harper is going to be the break out star in 2015. He's so rad. Big dude, great look for his gimmick, is the king of lariatos/powerbombs/big boots in WWE, can talk, very athletic, can work with anyone, and is super into character at all times. I see big things for him if handled right. Shield/Evolution 2 was MUCH better than the first match. I'd probably put it in my Fave Five. Really points out how shitty Cena is, though. HHH puts over a tiny goat from ROH, then two dudes from CZW and IWA MS in consecutive months, yet Cena can't put Bray over clean even once and instead beats him and his two buddies up on his own.

I still can't get into Adrian Neville. He's too indie for me. He's textbook vanilla midget. No personality at all in the ring until very recently. The match with Tyson was straight out of 2002 ROH just without the head drops.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
I really think Harper is going to be the break out star in 2015. He's so rad. Big dude, great look for his gimmick, is the king of lariatos/powerbombs/big boots in WWE, can talk, very athletic, can work with anyone, and is super into character at all times. I see big things for him if handled right. Shield/Evolution 2 was MUCH better than the first match. I'd probably put it in my Fave Five. Really points out how shitty Cena is, though. HHH puts over a tiny goat from ROH, then two dudes from CZW and IWA MS in consecutive months, yet Cena can't put Bray over clean even once and instead beats him and his two buddies up on his own.

This is the guy who thought no selling a DDT on concrete to beat like 3 or 4 Nexus members in 2 minutes was a great idea.

He's an idiot who has never had good in-ring psychology or storytelling abilities. Bret Hart would have another stroke if he ever had to work with Cena in the ring.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Watching more old Raws and

Vince McMahon said:
Ahmed Johnson, ladies and gentlemen, just last week from South Africa, Ahmed Johnson, returning to his motherland, and I must say, I don’t think any one in individual has ever done what Amhed Johnson did in South Africa last week. He galvanized an entire nation, something Nelson Mandela even has not been able to do. I mean, when you saw who was in that audience, JR, you were there. You saw the acceptance, the admiration, the adulation for Ahmed Johnson.
Booker_T_Gif.gif

strobogo

Banned
This is the guy who thought no selling a DDT on concrete to beat like 3 or 4 Nexus members in 2 minutes was a great idea.

He's an idiot who has never had good in-ring psychology or storytelling abilities. Bret Hart would have another stroke if he ever had to work with Cena in the ring.

On the plus side for him, at least he didn't start smirking and grinning like an asshole during the LMS match. Not like at WM when he was so full of inner turmoil, but not enough that he couldn't stop to smirk at the crowd booing him. Or the match with Cesaro in February where he was so beaten up and exhausted, but not enough to not grin at the crowd booing him. But it was especially bad at WM when the story was the crowd being against him was finally getting to him. Except for that one spot when he seemed to love trolling them.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
On the plus side for him, at least he didn't start smirking and grinning like an asshole during the LMS match. Not like at WM when he was so full of inner turmoil, but not enough that he couldn't stop to smirk at the crowd booing him. Or the match with Cesaro in February where he was so beaten up and exhausted, but not enough to not grin at the crowd booing him. But it was especially bad at WM when the story was the crowd being against him was finally getting to him. Except for that one spot when he seemed to love trolling them.

Exactly my point. He doesn't know how to tell a story. at all.

kiguel182

Well, my Paypal payment for November of the WWE Network (that should be for December) expired and the money didn't went back to my paypal account. So I pretty much payed for the free month.

And they tried to charge me 10.30 euros for some reason that also got denied.

So yeah, my adventures with the Network continue in full force.

strobogo

Banned
Well, my Paypal payment for November of the WWE Network (that should be for December) expired and the money didn't went back to my paypal account. So I pretty much payed for the free month.

And they tried to charge me 10.30 euros for some reason that also got denied.

So yeah, my adventures with the Network continue in full force.

MoeSzyslak4.gif

UberTag

Don't know about the rest of you guys but there's an animated .gif on this page that's lagging my browser out something fierce.

Aiii

So not worth it
Man, fucking NJPW World. Holy shit, watching Brody vs Fujinami. Good quality as well. This kinda rules. Here's a quick guide for anyone wanting to sign up;

www.njpwworld.com

clipboard01v8km9.jpg

Starting off well.

Better get an English version, if they're really serious about becoming the biggest wrestling company in the world (which they claimed in the announcement).

Alucard

Banned
So I can watch all New Japan content with this? And they have every major show from the 90s? How complete is it right now? How far back does the catalog go? Can I start from the beginning and work my way through it until the present?

When did NJPW World launch?

Aiii

So not worth it
So I can watch all New Japan content with this? And they have every major show from the 90s? How complete is it right now? How far back does the catalog go? Can I start from the beginning and work my way through it until the present?

When did NJPW World launch?

Launched today, will have all the shows live except the next iPPV (8 hour delay due to previous contract) and will include the Tokyo Dome show.

I am not sure how much is on there, but they have 55 Liger matches going back all the way to 1989. Which is THE BEST THING EVER!

---
Matches per year:
clipboard01i4dq3.jpg

Alucard

Banned
Details on NJPW World from Meltzer:

The press conference is still going on but this is what we know:

*The web site is http://njpwworld.com

*The price is 999 yen per month. The conversion rate is favorable right now as that price is $8.40 in the U.S., $9.60 Canadian and 5.38 pounds.

*There will be a full lineup of live events, basically every major show will air live. There are four shows in December, including late Saturday's tag team tournament finals. There are five shows in January, including Wrestle Kingdom, the 1/5 Korakuen Hall show (Raw after WrestleMania show), and the two Fantastica Mania shows from Korakuen Hall, as well as a 1/30 show.

*There will be a lot of archived content including what appear to be documentaries surrounding some of the legendary matches in New Japan history including Antonio Inoki vs. Willem Ruska, Inoki vs. Hulk Hogan, Tiger Mask vs Dynamite Kid, Keiji Muto vs. Nobuhiko Takada, as well as all of the major events as well as the G-1 Climax movie that playerd this year in movie theaters in Japan.

*Takaaki Kidani said that New Japan is right now the No. 2 pro wrestling company in the world as a business, but No. 1 as far as wrestling goes, and their goal is to surpass WWE and be No. 1 as far as business.

*They are taking a similar risk as WWE, in the sense they are undercutting the price of iPPVs, as the big shows have been 1800 yen, and the Tokyo Dome was last year around 3500 yen, looking to increase volume with the lower price. WWE was not successful in the same strategy. They also also apparently giving up Samurai! TV, as the shows that were formerly on Samurai! TV, like the Korakuen Hall shows, will now by on the service.

*If you time your order, you would be able to watch the entire G-1 Climax series for $8.40 instead of $150 from two years ago and $110 this past year. When it comes to the U.S. market, they are undercutting themselves, but the U.S. is not their primary market.

*Right now they are showing on the screen the Inoki & Sakaguchi vs. Karl Gotch & Lou Thesz match.

*There are hundreds of matches historically, including everything of significance from the past three years, and some matches every year dating back to 1972.

*The first year goal is 100,000 subscribers.

Got it. I'm on board. Will sign up this week.

Alucard

Banned
Launched today, will have all the shows live except the next iPPV (8 hour delay due to previous contract) and will include the Tokyo Dome show.

I am not sure how much is on there, but they have 55 Liger matches going back all the way to 1989. Which is THE BEST THING EVER!

---
Matches per year:
clipboard01i4dq3.jpg

The WWE Network doesn't have this, I'm sure...
clipboard01kzelz.jpg

This looks and sounds pretty rad. I wonder how often they'll upload new older content.

Awesome, they've got Hogan's '85 match with Fujinami. Probably one of Hulk's best ever matches.

This looks and sounds pretty rad. I wonder how often they'll upload new older content.

Fairly often, hopefully - they have a ton of content and it's all in great quality. Japanese promotions didn't throw out their master tapes from the 70s & 80s, thankfully.

Top Bottom