• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

December Wrasslin' |OT| PUT A Z-PAK ON THE THREAD, PAL. YOU'RE WORKING TONIGHT

• Thread starter Deleted member 47027
  • Start date
Does NJPW have sub/dub content?

Not at present, but at the press conference NJPW chairman Kidani said they definitely want to subtitle content where necessary and provide English commentary for new events (although, presumably, that'll depend on how well the WK9 PPV with Jim Ross does). He also said they're working on apps for 'smart TV' devices like consoles, apple tv, roku, etc.

Aiii

So not worth it
You guys and gals seriously don't think this is a work, do you?

You mean the steroid accusations, the concussion accusations and the call to attention that they purposely let workers go out with terrible, even life-threatening at some point, infections is NOT a work, but a honest-to-god shoot?

I am shocked, shocked I tell you.

Fuck, wow.

Well he's not wrong.

Not at present, but at the press conference NJPW chairman Kidani said they definitely want to subtitle content where necessary and provide English commentary for new events (although, presumably, that'll depend on how well the WK9 PPV with Jim Ross does). He also said they're working on apps for 'smart TV' devices like consoles, apple tv, roku, etc.

Considering the hardcore of the hardcore were buying the PPV, they might have torpedoed those sales with NJPW World.

Vylash

since we know HHH browses gaf, i wonder if he created the new day specifically to help us weed out the racists in our ranks, so many people exposing themselves

TraBuch

Banned
Is there a video of this on YouTube or anything?
Kurt_f80c65_384178.gif

ghostmind

NJPWworld

Wow, even the low quality stream is better than what we were getting before. Hopefully after the initial rush, the HQ stream will be usable, but this is still great.

So many matches to watch now...

Xater

It's a Smackdown act, evidenced by the "New Day debuts at Raw next week" promo, followed up by debuting on Smackdown instead...

That tells you exactly how much WWE is behind this, already.

Or it's their final acknowledgement that no one actually watches Smackdown so their rel debut is of course on RAW:

The tag-based browsing on NJPW World is great, you can view matches by wrestler, by year, by venue, by title belt, even by who was on commentary.

So it's actually better organized than the WWE Network? I am shocked!

Sounds like Austin is going to ask about CM Punk

http://www.wwe.com/inside/exclusive-interview-stone-cold-steve-austin-december-2014-26854469/page-2

This is the first thing on the network that I'm interested in seeing. I might get the network just for this tonight, then cancel it next month.

Bran Alvarez called this. Austin seems like the kinda guy that would go for it, but he will probably ask in a way that will let Vince get out with some corporate statement.

How recent was that Stone Cold interview conducted? He could have been just talking about CM Punk in general, not what he said last week.

XShagrath

Not to mention it's an awfully dumb looking move. A lot of risk for what amounts to AJ Styles bellyflopping onto someone's back and possibly burying his head into his opponent's asshole.

Completely agreed. I've always thought the move looked dumb as hell.

On a related note, Cesaro's neutralizer is very similar to the Styles Clash and he should get a new finisher.

Marvel

could never
Speaking of New Day, anyone get heel vibes from the teaser packages? the fuck they came out clapping they hands, smilin' and just being 80's weird for?

Truly felt they could have been way cooler if they had. Don't even get me started on what the fuck Big E is wearing.

bjork

Not gonna lie, if they made a shirt that was like a giant Sportflic card with this on it

88.gif

would buy. Put it on the front, put it on the back. Shit would rule.

jred2k

Speaking of New Day, anyone get heel vibes from the teaser packages? the fuck they came out clapping they hands, smilin' and just being 80's weird for?

Truly felt they could have been way cooler if they had. Don't even get me started on what the fuck Big E is wearing.

They look like they're part of a council on a planet that needs Superman to save it.

Nah, I think they're just supposed to be goofy fun loving guys. It would be awesome if creative planned all it along from the beginning to change the script and they flip in a month or so but I can't see it happening.

Marvel

could never
Nah, I think they're just supposed to be goofy fun loving guys. It would be awesome if creative planned all it along from the beginning to change the script and they flip in a month or so but I can't see it happening.

Aw, well in the mean time I shall remain a little disappointed. Potential is there though and I quite like the Big Ending/DDT finish if I'm honest.

Xater

http://www.prowrestlingtees.com/cmpunk

He needs to figure out a way to collaborate with WWE on his new shirts. These designs are fucking terrible.

You say that as if WWE shirt designs are not terrible.

Also bit the bullet and subscribed to NJPW World. It's just so cheap thanks to the favorable Euro conversion and probably a better investment than the WWE Network. I might not understand most of it but the quality of the matches is usually just extremely high. So worth it I guess.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Colt just wanted to give his best friend a safe place to talk*

*by the way we're going to merch the fuck out of it

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Colt just wanted to give his best friend a safe place to talk*

*by the way we're going to merch the fuck out of it

Yeah I noticed that as well.

The only other thing I noticed about the interview is that Punk seemingly didn't understand his place in the company. He honestly thinks he should have gone over Taker and gone on last instead of the big money match.

Kaladin

Yeah I noticed that as well.

The only other thing I noticed about the interview is that Punk seemingly didn't understand his place in the company. He honestly thinks he should have gone over Taker and gone on last instead of the big money match.

He didn't have a problem with loosing to Taker, or Brock. He had a problem with loosing to someone who wouldn't be on TV regularly, and he would, and he'd have to deal with his stock in the company decreasing due to these losses while those other guys get nothing from the win.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
He didn't have a problem with loosing to Taker, or Brock. He had a problem with loosing to someone who wouldn't be on TV regularly, and he would, and he'd have to deal with his stock in the company decreasing due to these losses while those other guys get nothing from the win.

Nah, listen to his tone. He clearly did have a problem losing to Taker and not going on last. Brock he didn't mind as much besides as you rightly brought up being his third feud in a row with a part timer that he'd never get a win back on.

Top Bottom