• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

December Wrasslin' |OT| PUT A Z-PAK ON THE THREAD, PAL. YOU'RE WORKING TONIGHT

• Thread starter Deleted member 47027
  • Start date

tm24

Del Sol was never a big indy name. Was more surprised that WWE snatched him up than anyone else. At least he got to keep some of his original gimmick and move set and is one half of the NXT tag champs.

Del Sol was also just on the verge of being one of AAA's crown jewels. Man, there's a universe where Del Sol and Pentagon Jr are building towards an epic mask match

jmdajr

You won’t find a unanimous decision on anything; which is why wrestlers won’t ever form a union. They can’t even form what they want to have for lunch or even stop for lunch when their on the road.

- good Ol' JR

also

The locker room is a very cruel place; and guys will lie to stir up a hornets nest especially when it comes to money; say a guy gets $50,000 for a PPV and they usually say they got $100,000 just to stir it up. I had a talent come up to me and said that I screwed him on his PPV pay out and I said ‘based on what’ and “I know guys that made double than what I made” and I knew that wasn’t true. So I made him tell me who it was and then I sent somebody after that person bring him into my office and said “Here’s the deal did wrestler A tell wrestler B make a 100 grand on the last PPV?” Silence. Then the wrestler said “I was kidding he should know I was kidding.”

and

Back in the Attitude Era, everybody couldn’t be in the Main Event. They contributed to the success, but they can’t go on last. If you believe that you’re only the Main Event if you go on last, that’s not applicable, especially at WrestleMania and in my view, and I am a Undertaker mark and when that streak got going. It had more cache than the titles did because the titles weren’t hot. The title didn’t have the strong enough personal issue. I booked Austin in a tag match in LA and he calls me and complains about being in a tag team match and he said “I didn’t work my ass off to be someone else’s tag partner.” So you’re saying you want to work a tag match in LA. I have the greatest power in world and that was an eraser. Okay now you are not in a tag match. All I’m saying is that the CM Punk situation unraveled and people didn’t re-gather it and Phil made his mind up and when you feel your body is starting to give up on you and your physically hurting, you and your self-esteem starts to get hammered and depression starts to come in. I wasn’t there for the meetings but I just feel very badly because Phil Brooks deserves to be, if that’s what he wants, in the last match at WrestleMania. That might not happened but never say never. The second thing, when you’re using formulaic paying system that has been in the business for over 40 years, it’s essentially the same formula that has been in the business for all the territories. You are splitting up money and you are always going to have guys that are not happy with their pay off. I never had any talent say “Hey JR that was a great pay off for that last run and I really appreciate it.

Kaladin

I would love to hear the story of how Kallisto (Del Sol) got noticed by WWE and signed....where they saw him and how impressed they were.

The other recent indie guys, you can kinda figure that out from their histories.....even Luke Harper. But Kallisto? He was on the cusp of being an indie and AAA name, but nowhere near where he should have been to be on WWE's radar.

Kaladin

Being Hispanic and wearing a mask was probably a huge help, they need a new Rey and Sin Cara was a failure of epic proportions.

He speaks English too doesn't he?

Still though, I bet they saw him at a show somewhere when they were there looking at someone else.

He speaks English too doesn't he?

Still though, I bet they saw him at a show somewhere when they were there looking at someone else.

Probably, they were watching him for a while though - he got invited to a try-out camp in 2011, then again in 2013 (which was when they signed him). And yeah, he's fluent in both English and Spanish, iirc.

KkaDbN.gif

Kaladin

Probably, they were watching him for a while though - he got invited to a try-out camp in 2011, then again in 2013 (which was when they signed him). And yeah, he's fluent in both English and Spanish, iirc.

I wonder if they regret not signing him for Sin Cara after that epic fail.

Xater

Why do I have the feeling these carnies did not pay these girls anything extra? It was probably part of their developmental contract.

Benicio has already been mentioned, but Charles Dance went on from playing henchman 'Claus' in For Your Eyes Only to much bigger things.

Sorry this reply is so late on the whole 'henchman who went on to bigger things' topic... it took me fucking ages to remember who was the semi famous henchman, and which Bond movie there was a moment where Bond has to go down a ski jump to escape.

somedevil

Interesting. Corey Graves is going to have an announcement on the preshow next week. So its either his retirement from wrestling or his return to the ring.

I wonder which it will be.

Jamie OD

I fear that the NXT crowd are going to do the sore knee joke from Family Guy at every opportunity from now on. They did it twice on this show. It's gonna suck when we get a match based around working the leg and everyone's making that noise.

jred2k

His announcement should just be him putting his knuckles up to a mirror. He'll read 'Stay Down' a few times out loud and then solemnly weeping as the camera fades out.

strobogo

Banned
Interesting. Corey Graves is going to have an announcement on the preshow next week. So its either his retirement from wrestling or his return to the ring.

I wonder which it will be.

He's going to make an announcement on his future plans to lean on stuff.

Kaladin

Huh. I forgot all about Corey Graves.

Really says something about a talent when they have an extended absence and you forget they exist.

JavyOO7

If he's making an announcement then I wonder if he's actually returning? I've always liked the dude the little I've seen from him. It doesn't hurt that his theme is great.

somedevil

If he's making an announcement then I wonder if he's actually returning? I've always liked the dude the little I've seen from him. It doesn't hurt that his theme is great.

He has been out for a long time due to concussion problems like Christian has. So its either he is back or he can't wrestle and will be doing something else now. He works on production now.

So I love Kevin Owens gimmick is he is Kevin Steen. Plus Finn just announced he is bringing back what he was doing before he came to NXT.

somedevil

Who is Corey graves? Is he in wwe? Nxt? Honestly have 0 idea

NXT wrestler that style is using submissions to win. People called him a cm punk clone due to his look. Has been out for a long time due to concussion problems.

Plus some GFW news:

Global Force Wrestling has spent most of its time promoting WrestleKingdom 9 on January 4. They aren’t expecting to finish the deal for the venue of their first official TV taping until after the New Year. As of this writing, it looks like the taping will be held in Las Vegas.

– Jim Ross’ announcing partner for the upcoming PPV will likely be announced in the next week or so.

How are they doing tapings with no tv deal right now?

JavyOO7

He has been out for a long time due to concussion problems like Christian has. So its either he is back or he can't wrestle and will be doing something else now. He works on production now.

Yeah, I heard he was doing production at house shows. Its so weird to me that they are doing an announcement for him though... he wasn't in the WWE Network NXT era for that long.

...oh man! That final story with Sami and Neville just now was great. I love it, maggle!

Top Bottom