• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

December Wrasslin' |OT| PUT A Z-PAK ON THE THREAD, PAL. YOU'RE WORKING TONIGHT

• Thread starter Deleted member 47027
  • Start date

RP912

Banned
As much as I like Punk...dude seems like a grumpy old bastard. In 10 years he's going to be on Youshoot talking about wrestling in the 2000s.

After everything that has gone down I think we are left with this

• Vince is out of touch and micromanaging too much. Plus is company has a cult like culture that only puts over his family and a select few yes men and people that have Vince bodies
  • Stephenie isn't good at her job as evidenced by the Chicago punk comments and the 2k14 press conference
  • Hunter is good at talent development, horrible at talent management. He doesn't have the management chops to be the guy.
  • Hayes should not have a job at WWE.
  • Dunn and Vince are ashamed of wrestling.

Hence why Pat Patterson is still employed. Have I ever told you you're a good guy, Fox?

strobogo

Banned
My interpretation of the first 60 pages of the Satanic Bible

peaceful-emo-kid-o.gif

Runner up interpretation:

tumblr_mra0wi0rOT1rg0lw8o1_500.gif

~~~stop lookin' for who you gotta blame, let it go it's not worth the pain, give the world a fresh coat of paint, look in the mirror that's who you gotta change, get us back on the right road, on the right track, on the right flow, straight to the future that we all know, can't change ya past gotta let it all go~~~

WWE going for the Frozen market.

Also, here's what comes up in GIS for "WWE Frozen":
0.jpg

Ryder's rehab hashtag is #ReturnOfTheZach

http://youtu.be/uB1D9wWxd2w

Hot damn.

--

Also, if you have a chance, check out the Kevin Owens vignette on NXT this week. Shit is hype.
He talks about fighting Rollins in ROH (pictures included), meeting Neville when he was "an inexperienced kid", traveling the world with his "best friend Sami Zayn" for 10 years (featuring a picture of unmasked young Generico and Steen), and tagging with Daniel Bryan, but "they called them all first." It's like a minute and a half long. Building him up huge.

My interpretation of the first 60 pages of the Satanic Bible

Runner up interpretation:

as a retired emo even as a kid I felt the book was stupid as hell.

There was a scene in californication where they sit at a dinner table and talk about how great it is and I knew it was time to give up on that shitbird show.

Batista made the biggest film of 2014, is going to be in its sequel, is probably cameoing in an Avengers film, has a role in one of the most well-known movie series ever, and is still fulfilling his love of wrestling by taking a role in a wrestling/kickboxing film.

Fantastic for a guy who most people thought would never recover from "basketballs don't hold grudges", if you ask me

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Why's everyone so keen to #PushZiggy into what'd, inevitably, be a Cena feud?

#PushCena(intotraffic)Movement

Pretty sure we've seen Cena vs Ziggler about 400 times on Raw or Smackdown shows.

I want to see "Has Cena still got it? Or is he over the hill? John Cena issues an open challenge to the NXT Roster on Raw, every week, one NXT Superstar will do his best to prove that Cena is old news - or is John Cena REALLY the WWE Superstar that can't be stopped?"

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
I think the best part of the wrasslers not named Rock leaving WWE is that they're realizing they can take their shtick into other avenues. The whole "indepedent contractor" bit is WWE shooting itself in the foot.

Fox318

What I don't understand is why any investment firm would want to purchase a share of the company?

• They don't have any star that can translate to movie success.
  • Their ppv numbers are down.
  • Their ratings are down.
  • The network hasn't been successful and you can't put the toothpaste back in the tube on this one.
  • Merch isn't nearly as popular as it used to be.
  • Product isn't something that is viewed as hip or cool outside of very young children.
  • Their TV deals aren't great and their sponsors don't really help grow their brand.
  • WWE constantly over projects and there is some evidence to show that they have lied to investors.
  • A potential ticking bomb of potential lawsuits involving workplace practices and medical treatment.

Vince was able to make his fortune by paying dumb guys that didn't know their true value. Today guys are getting smarter. Right now the average "Superstar" gets about 20 cents a shirt. Stuff like that is going to change union or no union. There aren't going to be The Rocks and Hulk Hogans walking through that door any more. And even if they did the company would mishandle it. Vince is going to need to pay guys more considering the money he takes in. He can cut costs all he likes but the bottom line is they spent too much on his bad buisness deals.

Look at the WWE films venture. They aren't making money anymore yet he spends precious air time trying to sell that.

Here comes the brass ring promo, brehs. #PushZiggyMovement
I'll believe a Ziggler push when he gets to talk and when he wins a match they play his music instead of Cena's.

Sokantish

Pretty sure we've seen Cena vs Ziggler about 400 times on Raw or Smackdown shows.

I want to see "Has Cena still got it? Or is he over the hill? John Cena issues an open challenge to the NXT Roster on Raw, every week, one NXT Superstar will do his best to prove that Cena is old news - or is John Cena REALLY the WWE Superstar that can't be stopped?"

Then Mojo Rawley comes out and wins in 2 minutes! Then he'll run to the crowd to give a high five to his good friend, NFL SUPERSTAR ROB GRONKOWSKI

jmdajr

Batista made the biggest film of 2014, is going to be in its sequel, is probably cameoing in an Avengers film, has a role in one of the most well-known movie series ever, and is still fulfilling his love of wrestling by taking a role in a wrestling/kickboxing film.

Fantastic for a guy who most people thought would never recover from "basketballs don't hold grudges", if you ask me

It's pretty cool man

Terrabyte20xx

Junior Wrestlemania XXX Champion
You know creative has a terrible reputation when what should be a clear cut signs of a push still has half of us saying that it's still not happening.

What I don't understand is why any investment firm would want to purchase a share of the company?

• They don't have any star that can translate to movie success.
  • Their ppv numbers are down.
  • Their ratings are down.
  • The network hasn't been successful and you can't put the toothpaste back in the tube on this one.
  • Merch isn't nearly as popular as it used to be.
  • Product isn't something that is viewed as hip or cool outside of very young children.
  • Their TV deals aren't great and their sponsors don't really help grow their brand.
  • WWE constantly over projects and there is some evidence to show that they have lied to investors.
  • A potential ticking bomb of potential lawsuits involving workplace practices and medical treatment.

Vince was able to make his fortune by paying dumb guys that didn't know their true value. Today guys are getting smarter. Right now the average "Superstar" gets about 20 cents a shirt. Stuff like that is going to change union or no union. There aren't going to be The Rocks and Hulk Hogans walking through that door any more. And even if they did the company would mishandle it. Vince is going to need to pay guys more considering the money he takes in. He can cut costs all he likes but the bottom line is they spent too much on his bad buisness deals.

Look at the WWE films venture. They aren't making money anymore yet he spends precious air time trying to sell that.

I'll believe a Ziggler push when he gets to talk and when he wins a mamatch they play his music instead of Cena's.

On point.

strobogo

Banned
¡HarlequinPanic!;141635029 said:
as a retired emo even as a kid I felt the book was stupid as hell.

There was a scene in californication where they sit at a dinner table and talk about how great it is and I knew it was time to give up on that shitbird show.

It's so goofy. Dude trying to write all this flowery language trying to sound "dark" and spooky, when basically the whole thing just comes down to "Do you, boo". It reads like a 4chan post with better vocabulary and punctuation. At least it is short.

Also, loooooool at how out of date the section on jerking off is. And then jumps to psychic vampires and the chapter before was about names of devils in history. This whole thing reads like a guy wanted an excuse to be an asshole to people.

I'm always surprised Bond movies are still successful things. You crazy brits.

Bond movies are sort of a tradition at this point. They're on every Christmas - I am surprised the Roger Moore years didn't end all that, however. What a terrible Bond. Connery > Dalton > Craig > the rest.

Kaladin

Now how do we insert Bautista into G.I. Joe and get him to do battle with Dwayne Johnson?

I would also accept one of those buddy action movies with Dave Bautista and Dwayne Johnson...preferably one where they're on seemingly opposite sides till the end when they come together to crush the bad guy.

Top Bottom