• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

December Wrasslin' |OT| PUT A Z-PAK ON THE THREAD, PAL. YOU'RE WORKING TONIGHT

• Thread starter Deleted member 47027
  • Start date
wp_20141204_001ofdpw.jpg

These are just the ones I have in rotation currently. I've got a bunch of others in the closet. I own more pairs of shoes than I own pairs of trousers. Seriously.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
How the hell do you all own so many shoes. They're not even dress shoes! WTF.

You need:

1 pair of sneakers
1 pair of dress shoes
1 pair of casual dress shoes
1 pair of boots

Vince McMahon
Banned
(Today, 07:07 PM)

w3EuaNr.gif

I'm comin for you Cure

RP912

Banned
What is the match of the year and the top ten Wrestlers for the year of your birth, according to PWI?

Top Ten:

1. Hulk Hogan
2. Lex Luger
3. Ric Flair
4. Randy Savage
5. Sting
6. Scott Steiner
7. Rick Steamboat
8. Steve Williams
9. Arn Anderson
10. Rick Steiner

MOTY:

1991 May 19 The Steiner Brothers (Rick and Scott Steiner) vs. Sting and Lex Luger

Top 10
10. Jim Garvin
9. Ronnie Garvin
8. Billy (not yet Jack apparently) Haynes
7. Greg Valentine
6. Wahoo McDaniel
4. Hulk Hogan
3. Dusty Rhodes
2. Rick Martel
1. Ric Flair

Moty- Hulk Hogan/Mr T vs Paul Ordoff/Roddy Piper at Wrestlemania 1

:/ yuck

strobogo

Banned
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00GV42HKA/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Went ahead with those. Caught my eye. No point in deliberating when people are trying to get me to get boots and shit.

PWI Awards in 1988:

Wrestler of the year: Randy Savage (my favorite, so that seems legit)
Tag team of the year: LOD
Match of the year: Hogan vs Andre The Main Event. Wtf.
Feud of the year: Lex vs Flair
Most popular wrestler of the year: Randy Savage

Observer awards in 1988:

Wrestler of the year: Akira Maeda (also dope)
Outstanding wrestler of the year: Tatsumi Fujinami
Feuds of the year: Fantastics vs Midnight Express
Tag team of the year: Midnight Express

Shoes? Onitsuka Tigers baby.

Rocking this pair currently.
34_-_2_1_11.jpg

Those are pretty dope. Does Inoki have his own line of shoes?

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Top 10
10. Jim Garvin
9. Ronnie Garvin
8. Billy (not yet Jack apparently) Haynes
7. Greg Valentine
6. Wahoo McDaniel
4. Hulk Hogan
3. Dusty Rhodes
2. Rick Martel
1. Ric Flair

Moty- Hulk Hogan/Mr T vs Paul Ordoff/Roddy Piper at Wrestlemania 1

:/ yuck
why yuck? That match is great. Easily Hogan's best outside of their cage match at SNME.

Hey now, the black pair can pass for dress shoes, though they're leather air jordans. I bought them because I thought the idea of leather air jordans was hilarious, and I can get away with wearing them to work and to weddings.

God DAMN it

Now I know how you feel with your faux pas with Bronson. Goddammit. I'm sorry.

It's fine, seriously. Like Stro said to Bronson, he's short, it's just descriptive. I'm skinny, not something I can help. I'm like 5'11 and yeah. I'd be lying if what you said didn't bother me, but that's just my mental health issues talking. ANYWAYS. It's fine, really. Now you know.

bOvKZ.gif

"You need to hug ME"

RP912

Banned
why yuck? That match is great. Easily Hogan's best outside of their cage match at SNME.

I hated that match...it made Ordoff look weak and it was just a clusterfuck. Then again Wrestlemania 1 was trash to me. Wrestlemania 2 felt like the redeeming factor despite the hatred towards it.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
It's fine, seriously. Like Stro said to Bronson, he's short, it's just descriptive. I'm skinny, not something I can help. I'm like 5'11 and yeah. I'd be lying if what you said didn't bother me, but that's just my mental health issues talking. ANYWAYS. It's fine, really. Now you know.

bOvKZ.gif

"You need to hug ME"

Alright that's just goddamn manipulation. This thread is turning hostile.

strobogo

Banned
Oh man, *Ferrari* shoes. That's the kind of hilarious crap I buy. I'm so very tempted right now.

Idk. They looked cool to me. Got them for free with the power of BING. Almost went with the Hulkamania version but I'm not the kind of person to wear bright yellow shoes.

What is the match of the year and the top ten Wrestlers for the year of your birth, according to PWI?

Top Ten:

1. Hulk Hogan
2. Lex Luger
3. Ric Flair
4. Randy Savage
5. Sting
6. Scott Steiner
7. Rick Steamboat
8. Steve Williams
9. Arn Anderson
10. Rick Steiner

MOTY:

1991 May 19 The Steiner Brothers (Rick and Scott Steiner) vs. Sting and Lex Luger
From 1-10:

Diesel
Shawn Michaels
Sting
Bret Hart
Sabu
Hulk Hogan
Big Van Vader
Randy Savage
Razor Ramon
Mitsuharu Misawa

MOTY was Diesel/Shawn at WM XI

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I bet the worst assignment you could get as a face commentator was to have to work with Ventura. You got guys like Heenan who are comedic and bring up points from time to time, but they always come off as 'bribed by the heels' to say what they say. But with Jesse, he just pokes so many fucking holes in everything a face does and covers up the heels with logic. Like for example

Vince: "Finally unlocking it for the champion! He could have been out of the cage by now!"
Ventura: "Well you noticed it was Joey Marella that was having trouble getting the door open"
Vince: "That's because Davis had it locked"
Ventura: "As it's supposed to be locked, McMahon! What's it supposed to be, open?"

And with Schiavonne, forget about it. He made that man look like a dimwit every week.

RP912

Banned
I bet the worst assignment you could get as a face commentator was to have to work with Ventura. You got guys like Heenan who are comedic and bring up points from time to time, but they always come off as 'bribed by the heels' to say what they say. But with Jesse, he just pokes so many fucking holes in everything a face does and covers up the heels with logic. Like for example

Vince: "Finally unlocking it for the champion! He could have been out of the cage by now!"
Ventura: "Well you noticed it was Joey Marella that was having trouble getting the door open"
Vince: "That's because Davis had it locked"
Ventura: "As it's supposed to be locked, McMahon! What's it supposed to be, open?"

And with Schiavonne, forget about it. He made that man look like a dimwit every week.

That was why Tony/Jesse had the best chemistry. It was like watching a real life version of Peabody and Sherman. It could be worse...it could be Joey Styles and Rick Rude commentating. Joey was all in the match while Rude would talk about bra sides and shit.

strobogo

Banned
That was why Tony/Jesse had the best chemistry. It was like watching a real life version of Peabody and Sherman. It could be worse...it could be Joey Styles and Rick Rude commentating. Joey was all in the match while Rude would talk about bra sides and shit.

God, imagine Jesse with Joey. He would have murdered that smarky cunt.

Idk. They looked cool to me. Got them for free with the power of BING. Almost went with the Hulkamania version but I'm not the kind of person to wear bright yellow shoes.

I'm close to buying the same ones you got. Honestly. I'm not sure I can pull off bright yellow shoes and I can pull of fucking rainbow coloured shoes.

Ferrari *shoes*. how is that not hilarious though? it's like Ferrari toasters. shoes. with the Ferrari logo on them. called 'drift'.

MUST. NOT. BUY.

edit: OH MAN THEY EVEN HAVE A FAKE CARBON FIBER PATTERN.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I'm in the "Ferrari shoes are stupid" camp

i don't know WHY you would want that. Concentrate on getting that on your car.

Sokantish

stro I support your Ferrari shoes, even if I would never wear them. You just keep doing you, stro. Unless you is being an alcoholic... then you should stop that

How the hell do you all own so many shoes. They're not even dress shoes! WTF.

You need:

1 pair of sneakers
1 pair of dress shoes
1 pair of casual dress shoes
1 pair of boots

I'm comin for you Cure

You don't need that many!

Nike Air Max
Red Wing Boots
Wingtips

That's all you need. Maybe a comfortable pair of sandals for summer.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
stro I support your Ferrari shoes, even if I would never wear them. You just keep doing you, stro. Unless you is being an alcoholic... then you should stop that

Now YOU'RE vice-shaming.

PWI Top 10 for 1995

1. Diesel
2. Shawn Michaels
3. Sting
4. Bret Hart
5. Sabu
6. Hulk Hogan
7. Big Van Vader
8. Randy Savage
9. Razor Ramon
10. Mitsuharu Misawa

MOTY: Diesel vs. Shawn Michaels - WM XI

Observer Awards 1995

Wrestler of the Year: Mitsuharu Misawa
MOTY: Manami Toyota vs. Kyoko Inoue - AJWPW Tokyo, Japan May 7

From 1-10:

Diesel
Shawn Michaels
Sting
Bret Hart
Sabu
Hulk Hogan
Big Van Vader
Randy Savage
Razor Ramon
Mitsuharu Misawa

MOTY was Diesel/Shawn at WM XI

giphy.gif

strobogo

Banned
I'm close to buying the same ones you got. Honestly. I'm not sure I can pull off bright yellow shoes and I can pull of fucking rainbow coloured shoes.

Ferrari *shoes*. how is that not hilarious though? it's like Ferrari toasters. shoes. with the Ferrari logo on them. called 'drift'.

MUST. NOT. BUY.

edit: OH MAN THEY EVEN HAVE A FAKE CARBON FIBER PATTERN.

I'm in the "Ferrari shoes are stupid" camp

i don't know WHY you would want that. Concentrate on getting that on your car.

I got them because I like how they look and I like Puma shoes. The Ferrari logo played no part in my purchase whatsoever.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Shoes and body shaming. Slow day.

I will shame the fuck out of either wallets or shoes.

I learned my lesson on slim fit pants though. I love Spider dearly and he does it too - who knows, maybe I'll love Frecklesteiner.

RP912

Banned
Shoe conversation in wrestlegaf.....

This is like Kane/Big Show showing off their technical skills in the ring.

I got them because I like how they look and I like Puma shoes. The Ferrari logo played no part in my purchase whatsoever.

They are a cool looking shoe, if we ignore the fake carbon fiber and the Ferrari logo. But then I wear rainbow shoes and kitten shoes and fake snakeskin shoes. So I don't know if you really want to know what I think is a cool looking shoe.

Ferrari Pumas, for when ONE brand logo isn't enough!

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Now YOU'RE vice-shaming.

Real Talk: Vice shaming is practically the only socially acceptable shaming there is, even though studies show that it is at best neutral and at worst counter productive to get someone to quit.

Yes, they know they're addicted. No, they can't stop without help/making up their minds. Yes, it's hard. Yes, they know they are doing damage to themselves/possibly others.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Let's be honest.

Lamborghini > Ferrari 100%

Not even a question..

5YD5XWMl.jpg

Countach is perfection.

Real Talk: Vice shaming is practically the only socially acceptable shaming there is, even though studies show that it is at best neutral and at worst counter productive to get someone to quit.

Yes, they know they're addicted. No, they can't stop without help/making up their minds. Yes, it's hard. Yes, they know they are doing damage to themselves/possibly others.

Certainly, yes - not surprised if that's the real results behind it. Just triggers an even worse spiral. "Yes, I do this AND IT MAKES ME FEEL LIKE SHIT WHEN I DO IT." for some people that stops them, but for the majority...yeah.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I really can't get over how great this Black Heart gimmick in WCW is. It's just two guys in masks screaming and making illuminati symbols. And it's funnier than any skit the WWE has ever come up with. And the fans do it back to them during the match.
Let's be honest.

Not even a question..

5YD5XWMl.jpg

Countach is perfection.
4_11_c_full.jpg

Call me when Magnum starts driving a Lambo, and you might have a leg to stand on.

Sokantish

I'm shaming your shame-shaming. How about that?

Let's be honest.

Not even a question..

5YD5XWMl.jpg

Countach is perfection.

Aston Martin if we're just talking looks.

I mean, sure it's no where near the best performance car specs wise, but it's not like you're ever going to be pushing top speed in these things. That new DB10 is so goddamn sexy.

Still, my dream car is the Caterham R300 Superlight. Open wheel. Stupid acceleration. Stick to the road cornering. Stuff you can actually enjoy without getting pulled over, so long as there are curvy roads near where you live (and there are a bunch near me).

Vroom! I wonder if Ferrari will make a car with the Puma logo on it?

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I really can't get over how great this Black Heart gimmick in WCW is. It's just two guys in masks screaming and making illuminati symbols. And it's funnier than any skit the WWE has ever come up with. And the fans do it back to them during the match.

4_11_c_full.jpg

Call me when Magnum starts driving a Lambo, and you might have a leg to stand on.

That's a REALLY good argument I can't fight because Magnum is amazing. BUT.

He was just borrowing it.

strobogo

Banned

What's really bad is that yesterday I had a legitimately awful hang over for the first time and was like, "this is a good time to stop for a while". But today I'm fine and there is some left in the bottle and I'm like, "Well, I should at least finish the bottle".

Let's be honest.

Not even a question..

5YD5XWMl.jpg

Countach is perfection.

Certainly, yes - not surprised if that's the real results behind it. Just triggers an even worse spiral. "Yes, I do this AND IT MAKES ME FEEL LIKE SHIT WHEN I DO IT." for some people that stops them, but for the majority...yeah.

I couldn't even tell you the difference between the cars. I know nothing about cars.

After the recent events here in WrestleGAF. I'm just not sure if I can be apart of this community anymore, I feel like I've lost my smile. Maybe I just need to go back into lurking, take some time off, come back stronger and happier than ever.
vZOA88.gif

KzGVOg.gif

y3l7g7.gif

Top Bottom