• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

December Wrasslin' |OT| PUT A Z-PAK ON THE THREAD, PAL. YOU'RE WORKING TONIGHT

• Thread starter Deleted member 47027
  • Start date
I wouldn't call him sloppy, but he looks like he's afraid of laying it in when it comes to strikes - which creates a bit of disconnect when the commentators are talking about what a vicious, trained martial artist he is and he's throwing strikes that barely connect. It doesn't help that his war crate's been entirely plagiarized by the WWE roster over the years; no G2S, no Busaiku Knee, no LeBell Lock and, because Finn does the top-rope doublestomp, Itami can't use that either.

Recall

I could totally see him holding back on the force of his kicks. He is going to have to find something to define himself or he is just going to get lost in the shuffle.

Alucard

Banned
I wouldn't call him sloppy, but he looks like he's afraid of laying it in when it comes to strikes - which creates a bit of disconnect when the commentators are talking about what a vicious, trained martial artist he is and he's throwing strikes that barely connect. It doesn't help that his war crate's been entirely plagiarized by the WWE roster over the years; no G2S, no Busaiku Knee, no LeBell Lock and, because Finn does the top-rope doublestomp, Itami can't use that either.

I could totally see him holding back on the force of his kicks. He is going to have to find something to define himself or he is just going to get lost in the shuffle.

Hmm ok. The fact that so many of his moves seem to be off the table is a big time negative. He's going to have to change his moveset, which is probably hard for someone who's established his war crate over so many years already.

Alucard

Banned
9jYt4J0.jpg

This is fantastic. Let's try to guess other people who worked on this project:

Frank Shooter
Nelson Fuller
Bastion Turnbuckle
Mike Promo
Matt King
Lisa Carny

Jamie OD

Jericho's latest podcast with Sami Zayn and Adrian Neville is very good. Well, very good when you skip the first 30 minutes because the interview doesn't start until then.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I love Sasha, but the glasses, the boss stuff, it's all super outdated, and the ratchet shit is just cringe worthy.

Not for WWE audiences! Many children are just now learning what ratchet means. It'll work. I think she's the best anyway. Well, one of the best. Looking forward to her reign of terror after Takeover.

I'd pay good money for him to run a freight train on Becky Lynch.

So would he :(

I dunno, Devitt looks like a star, but KENTA's been pretty dull so far and is tiny compared to a lot of the guys (doesn't help that they're feuding with the fucking Ascension). Also doesn't help that they haven't really been given the opportunity to really show off what they can do, but that's the WWE style in a nutshell.

They booked KENTA to look like a geek, really. On the receiving end of beatdowns, which isn't a great idea in the first place, but then having the old "rush the ring and get beat down" a couple times doesn't help either.

Fortunately all that shit won't matter in the future. He'll find his way.

strobogo

Banned
Not for WWE audiences! Many children are just now learning what ratchet means. It'll work. I think she's the best anyway. Well, one of the best. Looking forward to her reign of terror after Takeover.

So would he :(

They booked KENTA to look like a geek, really. On the receiving end of beatdowns, which isn't a great idea in the first place, but then having the old "rush the ring and get beat down" a couple times doesn't help either.

I would assume next week is the last week Kenta/Devitt will be anywhere near the Ascension and it couldn't come soon enough. What a TERRIBLE idea to bring in Kenta with all the hype just to saddle him with the Ascension for 3 months. Truly terrible. Especially since he's been getting his ass kicked every time he's around them.

Kaladin

I think they've found the NXT version of it with this tag team with Finn Balor. I think Finn is going to end up being the bigger star of the two though.

Hasney

I would assume next week is the last week Kenta/Devitt will be anywhere near the Ascension and it couldn't come soon enough. What a TERRIBLE idea to bring in Kenta with all the hype just to saddle him with the Ascension for 3 months. Truly terrible. Especially since he's been getting his ass kicked every time he's around them.

I almost think it was some dumb humility check. "You're not a big star here" yadda yadda yadda.

Xater

I think they've found the NXT version of it with this tag team with Finn Balor. I think Finn is going to end up being the bigger star of the two though.

Look is important in WWE and I mean just look at Finn. That's a marketable guy. Of course he will end up being bigger.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member

Or, or or or...

They were paired up with the Ascension to help the Ascension.

Bowser

Sting's contract will apparently cover six total appearances on WWE television, including his appearance at WWE Survivor Series. Sting would also appear at WWE Wrestlemania 31, and make four appearances in between those events.

So I'm guessing an appearance at the Rumble and then the RAWs leading up to WM to build his feud with Trips?

Ithil

He probably will, but I hope Itami at least gets to the upper card, even that would be pioneering for an Asian star in WWE.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Do you think it has helped them? By taking two of them to beat up a dude who is like 5 foot 8?

Let's be honest to my boys the Ascension

Just being AROUND Itami probably helps them and teaches them things.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
¡HarlequinPanic!;141764632 said:
the entertainment from this street fighter v announce. christmas came early~

What's the outrage for? Just buy a system if you don't have it and need to play that franchise.

Bowser

The Rumble itself will sell the Network, don't really need to do anything special for that. Would make more sense to do that in September/October.

Could be, but I think they're gonna use him one more time for Network exclusive stuff.

Also, it would be weird to have him show up at SS and then not show up again until March.

Although Taker only shows up 3x year, so you're probably right.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
¡HarlequinPanic!;141764959 said:
you know the riches line doesn't play well here, bruv

Plenty of poor people own all the consoles. What's the issue? You don't have to be rich to play kideo games.

JavyOO7

Well, its Itami's fault that The Ascension are shining bright while he's currently in a slump right now. They will rise. He will not.

=p

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Devitt to be third Ascension member after turning on poor Itami

Maybe not.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Also Stro I was reading your review of the WCW/NJPW show and I thought to myself - would we all consider the NJPW/RoH shows disjointed as well? As much as we love seeing some of the matchups, not every one is a winner.

guys I'm not personally outraged about street fighter V >{, this has backfired more than jerry lawler's joke at bad news barrett's expense!

Hey, what's the best way to make gifs? I got some thoughts about certain december ppvs that I wanna share.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
¡HarlequinPanic!;141766120 said:
guys I'm not personally outraged about street fighter V >{, this has backfired more than jerry lawler's joke at bad news barrett's expense!

Hey, what's the best way to make gifs? I got some thoughts about certain december ppvs that I wanna share.

If you want to do a lot of editing, use whatever video editor you do to master video, and make that - then just gifcam your vid.

strobogo

Banned
Also Stro I was reading your review of the WCW/NJPW show and I thought to myself - would we all consider the NJPW/RoH shows disjointed as well? As much as we love seeing some of the matchups, not every one is a winner.

Idk, I've never seen an ROH/NJPW show. WCW sent the weirdest talent for these shows, though. Like Bill Kazmier (against Hashimoto), El Gigante (against Vader, who was both but should have been against Hashimoto instead, and Mr. Hughes the year before), Tim Horner, Tom Zenk...just dudes who were not even close to the guys I'd think you'd send for the big super shows.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Idk, I've never seen an ROH/NJPW show. WCW sent the weirdest talent for these shows, though. Like Bill Kazmier (against Hashimoto), El Gigante (against Vader, who was both but should have been against Hashimoto instead, and Mr. Hughes the year before), Tim Horner, Tom Zenk...just dudes who were not even close to the guys I'd think you'd send for the big super shows.

Oh, I thought you watched the Border Wars shows this year. They were disjointed, as expected. Definitely worth watching was the KUSHIDA vs Jay Lethal match. LOVED that one and had low expectations for it.

Kaladin

I just hope....**hope** they give Kevin Owens a hot debut. They kinda softballed Itami, though they did better with Balor coming to Itami's aid.

I know there is going to be some interaction with Zayn....what I would love to see is Owens cost him the belt, he retires and the next night at the tapings, a wild Generico appears.

But we'll probably have Owens costing him and Zayn refusing to retire to fight Owens. Because this week in their Face To Face, they implied that it is Zayn's choice....not a WWE mandated retirement.

Sephzilla

I just hope....**hope** they give Kevin Owens a hot debut. They kinda softballed Itami, though they did better with Balor coming to Itami's aid.

I know there is going to be some interaction with Zayn....what I would love to see is Owens cost him the belt, he retires and the next night at the tapings, a wild Generico appears.

But we'll probably have Owens costing him and Zayn refusing to retire to fight Owens. Because this week in their Face To Face, they implied that it is Zayn's choice....not a WWE mandated retirement.

I think the NXT crowd would fucking explode for Generico.

strobogo

Banned

It is Sami's choice. I don't think Regal has even made that an official stipulation unless he did it on this week's show. But it was his decision and he said he'd leave even if it isn't an official stipulation.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I had a dream that I was on a vacation with my family and I guess we were watching wrestling? but we were the only ones there, and Luke Harper jumped out of a second story of a building onto Sheamus and crakced his head open and knocked himself out, so we had to find a hospital to take Luke Harper to.

Kaladin

It is Sami's choice. I don't think Regal has even made that an official stipulation unless he did it on this week's show. But it was his decision and he said he'd leave even if it isn't an official stipulation.

In this week's segment, Neville told Sami that he doesn't care what he does after the match, he's still going to win and Sami said that he's right, it is his prerogative whatever happens after the match.

Which implies that Sami might use his choice and not retire for some reason.

Top Bottom