• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

December Wrasslin' |OT| PUT A Z-PAK ON THE THREAD, PAL. YOU'RE WORKING TONIGHT

• Thread starter Deleted member 47027
  • Start date
I'm currently watching my first ever episode of Raw o hulu - can somebody explain what's going on without spoiling what will happen (as I'm going to watch the next few episodes afterwards)?

It's from sometime in November. It's being filmed in Liverpool (main event is Cena v Ryback), and there's some feud between the Authorities and team Cena. Cena is trying to recruit people to his team, and the Authorities are trying to recruit people to theirs.

What are the stakes? Who are the authorities? The announcers have just made vague references about the winning team taking "more power". Power to do what? Is this plot an important part of a bigger narrative? What happens to the losers? What is the "survivor" match?

Man, this shit is real dumb, but super entertaining. I bet it pairs nicely with booze.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I'm currently watching my first ever episode of Raw o hulu - can somebody explain what's going on without spoiling what will happen (as I'm going to watch the next few episodes afterwards)?

It's from sometime in November. It's being filmed in Liverpool (main event is Cena v Ryback), and there's some feud between the Authorities and team Cena. Cena is trying to recruit people to his team, and the Authorities are trying to recruit people to theirs.

What are the stakes? Who are the authorities? The announcers have just made vague references about the winning team taking "more power". Power to do what? Is this plot an important part of a bigger narrative? What happens to the losers? What is the "survivor" match?

Man, this shit is real dumb, but super entertaining. I bet it pairs nicely with booze.

RAW PRe-Show should be able to get you up to speed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EAyQ2NMDAq8&list=PLqIVmFaHA8BrHKBlu1nNnK-W2e1NqpfBr

This one's from Nov 4th but it should set the table for you.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
that dragons dogma online rumor makes me a sad panda

It's just Deep Down. Lucky for you it won't cost a cent, since it's F2P. Everyone wins! You get a new Dragon's Dogma game and it doesn't cost you money!

Vylash

iBanQVO8xRDTW.gif

well breeze died

Sephzilla

It's just Deep Down. Lucky for you it won't cost a cent, since it's F2P. Everyone wins! You get a new Dragon's Dogma game and it doesn't cost you money!

I want Devil May Cry 5 more than either Dragons Dogma or Deep Down.

Dark Arisen is a fucking year old. DMC fans have been starved for a real entry in that franchise since 08.

I guess I hope Dragons Dogma Online is just a Deep Down rebranding - that keeps the DMC5 hope alive.

Sephzilla

Dope. Is this over that PS3 Godziller rampage and destroy shit game?

Yep, that's it.

The demo is up on the Japan PSN if you want to try it out. I played it for about an hour last night. I think it's some fun shit. Non Godzilla fans probably wouldn't like it, though. I fought King Ghidorah and leveled half a city in the process.

strobogo

Banned
Yep, that's it.

The demo is up on the Japan PSN if you want to try it out. I played it for about an hour last night. I think it's some fun shit. Non Godzilla fans probably wouldn't like it, though. I fought King Ghidorah and leveled half a city in the process.

I don't have a PS3. I hope it is better than the Dreamcast games that were the same idea.

The weird thing is that kids love comic book character but have never read a comic.

I haven't stepped inside a genuine comic book store in maybe 7-8 years. Not because I don't want to step inside one, I can't find one! I'm also not counting bookstores like Barnes and Noble as one.

Sephzilla

I don't have a PS3. I hope it is better than the Dreamcast games that were the same idea.

Going off of the demo it's the Dreamcast game if it didn't suck.

You walk around a chunk of a city, you destroy shit, blow up a few generators. If you cause enough destruction a Kaiju will show up, and I think depending on the level of destruction and how fast you destroy alters which one shows up. My first time through I took it slow and easy and on one level I fought Mothra and on the next level fought larva Mothra. My second time through the demo I was faster and more destructive and I ended up fighting OG MechaGodzilla and then King Ghidorah. The gameplay is pretty damn simplistic, it's a bit of a slow pace, and there are framerate drops, but it fucking felt like Real Ass Godzilla.

imBask

Banned
WWE renamed the PPV Tables, Ladders, Chairs and STAIRS...

tables, ladders, chairs, stairs, ring, ropes, floor, mat, announcers table, crowd, barricades and titantron

TLCSRRFMACBT

XShagrath

Every time I watch NXT I find myself more and more disenfranchised with the crowd. Not everything needs ridiculous chants. It's tiring.
Back when they first started filming NXT at Full Sail, I went to a few shows, and there were these two guys who had to make a chant out of everything and tried to get themselves over at every opportunity. One of them even called themselves "CM Chunk." At one event, I was sitting right behind them and their incessant chants were seriously getting on my nerves, so I tapped him on the shoulder and just told him to knock it the fuck off. Chunk got seriously offended at me, but piped down anyways. I haven't seen them back since.

At one event, I was sitting right behind them and their incessant chants were seriously getting on my nerves, so I tapped him on the shoulder and just told him to knock it the fuck off. Chunk got seriously offended at me, but piped down anyways. I haven't seen them back since.

Why you gotta push fans away man?! :p

Hasney

Capcom are in such a bad state that I wouldn't be shocked if they gave a menu to MS/Sony and said "This is what it'll cost to make and we'll make it just for you".

XShagrath

Why you gotta push fans away man?! :p
Because I'm there to watch and enjoy the show, not listen to a bunch of retarded fans chant "Chicken nuggets" at Heath Slater since he's got orange hair and there's a Wendy's near the venue.

I'm one of those fans who quietly sits and enjoys the match, only clapping for spots and entrances. I don't really join in on the chants at all, because I personally think it's rather silly, most of the time.

Capcom are in such a bad state that I wouldn't be shocked if they gave a menu to MS/Sony and said "This is what it'll cost to make and we'll make it just for you".

Some Japanese dude comes out in a maitre d' outfit and has a menu of all their games with the prices it would take to make them exclusive. I really wish this did happen.

Gargoyle's Quest is 12 bucks with a side of Takis.

Sephzilla

I really wish Nintendo would open their wallets and just straight up buy out Capcom. It would be whats best for business.

Do we know what monster are going to be in the godzilla game?

Going off of memory

90's Godzilla
2014 Godzilla
OG MechaGodzilla
90s MechaGodzilla
MechaGodzilla 3/Kiryu
Jet Jaguar
Hedorah
Mothra (larva and moth form)
Biollante
Destroyah
Super X2 and Super X3
The Gotengo

strobogo

Banned
I really wish Nintendo would open their wallets and just straight up buy out Capcom. It would be whats best for business.

Going off of memory

90's Godzilla
2014 Godzilla
OG MechaGodzilla
90s MechaGodzilla

MechaGodzilla 3/Kiryu
Jet Jaguar
Hedorah

Biollante
Destroyah

Super X2 and Super X3
The Gotengo

Heroman

Banned

Going off of memory

90's Godzilla
2014 Godzilla
OG MechaGodzilla
90s MechaGodzilla
MechaGodzilla 3/Kiryu
Jet Jaguar
Hedorah
Biollante
Destroyah
Super X2 and Super X3
The Gotengo
Hype list, hope varan is in the game.

And outside if RE and MH there noting of value from capqcom.

And outside if RE and MH there noting of value from capqcom.

Ace Attorney
Breath of Fire
Dead Rising
DMC
DINO CRISISISISISIS
Ghosts n Goblins
Lost Planet
Mega Man
Monster Hunter
Viewtiful Joe

I don't understand Capcom as I'd personally think all of the above have a ton of value and would like to see the IPs explored further but given the TLC they deserve and not just a game thrown out with the brand name thrown on.

Sephzilla

I don't understand Capcom as I'd personally think all of the above have a ton of value and would like to see the IPs explored further but given the TLC they deserve and not just a game thrown out with the brand name thrown on.

Capcom right now is a team of people who have mostly competent and talented developers but they're run by monkeys in business suits who desperately want to make Capcom EA-East.

capcom needed the arcade era, they got to use the world as a hotbed of ideas and made money off of all of them.

japanese development in general is just in dire straights, shit's expensive and dudes just didn't adjust swiftly enough...wonder how much of that is on the cell processor architecture tbh.

Hasney

Ace Attorney
Breath of Fire
Dead Rising
DMC
DINO CRISISISISISIS
Ghosts n Goblins
Lost Planet
Mega Man
Monster Hunter
Viewtiful Joe

Okami
Dragons Motherfucking Dogma

I feel like we're missing one at least. Cybernetic Soldier or something. I'm sure someone can correct me.

strobogo

Banned
Yeah this is the perfect gif for that list. Also I left King Ghidorah off the list for some reason. It's 90's Ghidorah as well.

Also thank you for not bolding Kiryu.

Devil May Cry, Street Fighter, Mega Man

I'm Heisei era 4LYFE. But also a big fan of Hedorah and both OG Mechagodzilla movies.

Sephzilla

Ace Attorney
Breath of Fire
Dead Rising
DMC
DINO CRISISISISISIS
Ghosts n Goblins
Lost Planet
Mega Man
Monster Hunter
Viewtiful Joe

Okami
Dragons Motherfucking Dogma

Really, Capcom probably has the biggest list of recognizable IPs from any company that isn't named Nintendo. They shouldn't be having this much of a hard time putting out consistent quality games.

I'm Heisei era 4LYFE. But also a big fan of Hedorah and both OG Mechagodzilla movies.

MegaPowersHandshake.gif

You're my kind of Godzilla fan

Ace Attorney
Breath of Fire
Dead Rising
DMC
DINO CRISISISISISIS
Ghosts n Goblins
Lost Planet
Mega Man
Monster Hunter
Viewtiful Joe

If we go back further, there was Final Fight, Strider, the 1941-2 games, Magic Sword, Cyberbots, Captain Commando, regular Commando, all the awesome NES Disney games... it's a shame what happened to that company.

Hasney

Really, Capcom probably has the biggest list of recognizable IPs from any company that isn't named Nintendo. They shouldn't be having this much of a hard time putting out consistent quality games.

Yeah, I mean I can understand the lack of God Hand and Ghost Trick sequels as much as I love those games, but there's enough there in that list to pump out a few million sellers, surely.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
B4Di64oCcAAkli-.jpg

Think Seth's hittin that?

Dude dresses like a hobo.

Total Divas storyline, breh.

Did DMC sell and was mega man ever a big seller in the post SNES world?

Naw , we all know Varan is the best.

DMC is Capcom's 4th best selling IP I think. Another Devil May Cry is a virtual certainty, it's just a matter of how long we have to wait for it. I'm hoping sooner rather than later.

Sephzilla

Did DMC sell and was mega man ever a big seller in the post SNES world?

In its genre it's the second best seller behind only God of War. DmC is the worst selling entry in the series but that was mostly because it was an unnecessary reboot made by developers who ended up being assholes to the fanbase.

Mega Man was never a franchise that set charts on fire but they always sold decently and reviewed well. Plus Mega Man is practically the mascot of the company.

DMczaf

Just saw the end of NXT

God damn, Sami Zayn is going to be hot fire in WWE.

For 2 weeks, and then the writers will get bored of him.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
In its genre it's the second best seller behind only God of War. DmC is the worst selling entry in the series but that was mostly because it was an unnecessary reboot made by developers who ended up being assholes to the fanbase.

Mega Man was never a franchise that set charts on fire but they always sold decently and reviewed well. Plus Mega Man is practically the mascot of the company.

lol assholes to the fanbase. Won't a developer think of their feelings before they work on something someone played?

you poor millenials.

Top Bottom