• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

December Wrasslin' |OT| PUT A Z-PAK ON THE THREAD, PAL. YOU'RE WORKING TONIGHT

• Thread starter Deleted member 47027
  • Start date

DMczaf

tumblr_ng3nl7oGIY1tt2jjyo1_250.gif

tumblr_ng3nl7oGIY1tt2jjyo2_250.gif

tumblr_ng3nl7oGIY1tt2jjyo3_250.gif

tumblr_ng3nl7oGIY1tt2jjyo4_250.gif

tumblr_ng3nl7oGIY1tt2jjyo5_250.gif

tumblr_ng3nl7oGIY1tt2jjyo6_250.gif

tumblr_ng3nl7oGIY1tt2jjyo7_r1_250.gif

Heroman

Banned
Ace Attorney
Breath of Fire
Dead Rising
DMC
DINO CRISISISISISIS
Ghosts n Goblins
Lost Planet
Mega Man
Monster Hunter
Viewtiful Joe

I don't understand Capcom as I'd personally think all of the above have a ton of value and would like to see the IPs explored further but given the TLC they deserve and not just a game thrown out with the brand name thrown on.
Like I said, most of the stuff on the list aren't worth the price. If Nintendo brought capacom, they would only make Re and Mh games and maybe dmc and StF games.

DmC is the worst selling entry in the series but that was mostly because it was an unnecessary reboot made by developers who ended up being assholes to the fanbase.

That seems to be Capcom's identity at the moment, they're going one way with their franchise while the fans remain with what they know (and probably like).

Like I said, most of the stuff on the list aren't worth the price. If Nintendo brought capacom, they would only make Re and Mh games and maybe dmc and StF games.

You really believe that? I think Nintendo would reboot Mega Man almost instantly, probably Viewtiful Joe too (as I remember that doing well for Nintendo back in the day).

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
They were. Not even you can try to spin that in any kind of way. They openly mocked a bunch of things the fans liked about the older games and basically told the fans what they liked wasn't important.

My question really is...so what if they did? Who cares?

Just play games, don't catch feels over devs making design decisions

Unless they're sexist or racist design decisions because that's actually unfair, but pissing off DMC fans it like the Brony who made the pic of a goddamn pony in tianmen square

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
When has there ever been a courteous fanbase for something? I'm trying to think of a 'good' fanbase and coming up empty.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Keep in mind I'm talking general fanbases, not the weird shit GAF does.

Sephzilla

Unless they're sexist or racist design decisions because that's actually unfair, but pissing off DMC fans it like the Brony who made the pic of a goddamn pony in tianmen square

They did imply that they thought DMC4 Dante was gay and directly compared him to the Brokeback Mountain protagonists. Does that count as thing homosexuality is something that should be mocked?

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
They did imply that they thought DMC4 Dante was gay and directly compared him to the Brokeback Mountain protagonists. Does that count as thing homosexuality is something that should be mocked?

I'd say that the reaction of OH GOD NO DANTE'S NOT GAY is more worrisome than a developer implying that the sexuality of a character is a certain way. Asshole fanbase. "I won't play it if Dante is gay!"

Summoner

How fucked up is capacom?
Platinum Games fucked. They can't make a game unless a console manufacturer moneyhats it.
barring a MH game on the 3DS

They haven't got much cash in the bank, so they take console manufacturers money to stay in the black and not be in Cryteks position where they need loans to pay their employees on time.

They will need a few big hits to start making games for all platforms on their own dime this generation. Or else WE will be forced to buy every platform to play all their games.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I'd say that the reaction of OH GOD NO DANTE'S NOT GAY is more worrisome than a developer implying that the sexuality of a character is a certain way. Asshole fanbase. "I won't play it if Dante is gay!"

This is the same fanbase that somehow thinks the original Dante is cool and the 'poor innocent fanbase' whose reaction to the reveal trailer of dmc was LOL TWILGIHT WHY IS DANTE DIS GEY LOOKIN
36cfd3b3b96936d0029c88a854ae7d1e20100916233324.jpg

Haha you get it? Gay. Haha. Why would Ninja Theory be dicks to us? We did nothing wrong

I was talking to a friend yesterday who mentioned that there was a former ECW wrestler at the gym he goes to, I thought this odd, an ECW guy? in the UK? in 2014?
Well turns out he meant WWECW and thus I was reminded that DJ Gabriel was a thing that did indeed happen.
I don't even remember the poor guy getting any real chances, just danced down to the ring and if memory serves did at least have Alicia Fox as a valet, then he was gone.

Dancing gimmicks man, they never end and seemingly never succeed, seeing Raw this week confirmed that It's most certainly not a new day much to my dismay for my man Kofi.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I was talking to a friend yesterday who mentioned that there was a former ECW wrestler at the gym he goes to, I thought this odd, an ECW guy? in the UK? in 2014?
Well turns out he meant WWECW and thus I was reminded that DJ Gabriel was a thing that did indeed happen.
I don't even remember the poor guy getting any real chances, just danced down to the ring and if memory serves did at least have Alicia Fox as a valet, then he was gone.

Dancing gimmicks man, they never end and seemingly never succeed, seeing Raw this week confirmed that It's most certainly not a new day much to my dismay for my man Kofi.

They worked in WCW. Of course, there was more to the character than 'hahaha he dances!' unlike WWE.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I wonder what will end first hunter x hunter or beserk or one piece.

Us Berserk fans know Miura's gonna die before it's done, and we're gonna get some Frank Herbert shit where his son (I don't think he has one) finds some papers and tries to finish it up leaving everyone irritated.

strobogo

Banned
LEGITSHOOK.COM PRESENTS

NJPW/WCW Supershow II: Super Warriors in Tokyo Dome

• Black Cat vs Hirokichi Yamamoto
  • Kantaro Hoshino/Kengo Kimura vs Kuniaki Kobayashi/Osamu Kido
  • Jushin Liger/Masashi Aoyagi/Akria vs Hiro Saito/Super Strong Machine/Norio Honaga
  • Michiyoshi Ohara/Shiro Koshinaka vs The Enforcers
  • Dusty and Dustin Rhodes vs Masa Saito/Kim Duc
  • Scott Norton vs Tony Halme
  • Bill Kazmaier vs Shinya Hashimoto
  • El Gigante vs Big Van Vader
  • Antonio Inoki vs Hiroshi Hase
  • Sting/Great Muta vs Steiner Brothers
  • Lex Luger vs Masahiro Chono WCW Championship
  • Tatsumi Fujinami vs Riki Choshu IWGP/Greatest 18 Championships

I still can't figure out why Kazmaier and Giant Gonzalez were sent instead of guys like Austin/Rude/WIndham/Eaton. Also a weird and disjointed show, but benefited from most of the matches being shorter and faster paced than 1991. Inoki/Hase was pretty fucking dope for being 10 minutes long and Inoki being 49. My favorite match of the show. Vader beat the dog shit out of Giant the whole match, which was pretty cool. I mean, OF COURSE Vader would beat the shit out of a dude over a foot taller than him. The Greatest 18 Championship was the former WWF Martial Arts Championship which was created specifically for Inoki at the start of the WWF/NJ working agreement. He renamed it in 1990 and gave it to Choshu, who still had it at the time of this match.

Sephzilla

Vince McMahon
Making fun of homosexuality is okay
(Today, 11:22 AM)

Let me guess, you also think DMC fans were also upset because his hair wasn't white, right?

also i hope you don't think i'm as worked up by this as my text might imply

Actually "assholes" was probably too strong of a term. More specifically what happened was that Tameem (NT's main dude) got pissy because people didn't immediately embrace his new version of the character. But Tameem in general is a guy who's never been that good with PR related things.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Oda actually has an ending in mind, too. Told that dying kid what it was. I have faith in OP wrapping someday.

JavyOO7

WCW wasn't doing their part of the deal with NJPW. You just can't send scrubs to NJPW while that fed gives you strong talent. No bueno.

strobogo

Banned
WCW wasn't doing their part of the deal with NJPW. You just can't send scrubs to NJPW while that fed gives you strong talent. No bueno.

"We'll send you Kazmaier, Tim Horner, and El Gigante for Chono, Muta, and Fujinami."

"Uh."

"WHOOOOOOOOOOO!"

"Okay."

Top Bottom