• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

December Wrasslin' |OT| PUT A Z-PAK ON THE THREAD, PAL. YOU'RE WORKING TONIGHT

• Thread starter Deleted member 47027
  • Start date
TNA's big problem going forward in 2015 is that they laid off basically everyone on the side of the company that did the actual touring wrestling business. So they are a TV show on a third rate channel that can't make any money going on the road. They are fucked.

Any money they made off touring, they blew through completely and then some with just the NYC tapings. And they start off 2015 with 6 more of those.

Even if there were a way they weren't fucked, wrestling cockroaches that get conned out of money will survive the apocalypse, so there's not much to worry about.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
tumblr_n3fb79usGR1ql0k28o1_500.gif

YOU'RE GONNA DIE BUT IM NOT CAUSE IM IMMORTAL BUT AT LEAST YOU GOT TO GO OUT MEETING FREAKZILLA

Man God

Non-Canon Member
The first set of NYC tapings this year was their only successful shows in this country. That's just sad. The second NYC and especially their second set of PA shows bombed.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
A young Datazord would enjoy a make a wish that involves a work invovling Vader punching all the doctors on his way to you and making a commotion with Harley Race rambling and screaming in the background and Vader pointing at you saying "YOURE THE MAN" over and over and over.

Kaladin

Talk Is Jericho Notes:

Adrian Neville said the WWE front office asks you to pitch name ideas that you would want. They take your ideas and give you a list of options that you choose from.

He never picked Adrian, but Neville is from a punk rock band.

Apparently Kevin Steen got a really bad group of names.

We're lucky we got Kevin Owens friends.

Kaladin

Talk Is Jericho is interesting for Sami Zayn and Adrian Neville talking about the naming process in WWE / NXT.

One of Sami Zayn's name options? Hadar.

A young Datazord would enjoy a make a wish that involves a work invovling Vader punching all the doctors on his way to you and making a commotion with Harley Race rambling and screaming in the background and Vader pointing at you saying "YOURE THE MAN" over and over and over.

Who WOULDN'T want that. That is awesome. Damn.

Sephzilla

New Godzilla would have been fine if it wasn't hyped to be something it wasn't.

I think the second cut away from the action is really what soured people's opinions about it a bit. If that would have instead even been a 30-60 second fight sequence I don't think people would have complained nearly as much.

Anth0ny

Talk Is Jericho Notes:

Adrian Neville said the WWE front office asks you to pitch name ideas that you would want. They take your ideas and give you a list of options that you choose from.

He never picked Adrian, but Neville is from a punk rock band.

Apparently Kevin Steen got a really bad group of names.

We're lucky we got Kevin Owens friends.

Otto Von Ruthless, Ice Dagger and Fang McFrost

austinmurderfacepfzis.gif

strobogo

Banned
New Godzilla would have been fine if it wasn't hyped to be something it wasn't.

Who would have gone to see a movie hyped as "Really boring as shit long as fuck movie with a generic military dude lead with zero charisma who is even more tired in the movie than you will be watching. Godzilla shows up at the end. Go see X-Men and then catch the end as you walk out"?

BlazinAm

Look, I know little Al is a sick kid and all, but:

“I like John Cena because I think he's a good wrestler and I like how he fights and everything. And I like that if he's champion, he doesn't go bragging about it,” Alfredo said.

What show is he watching?
I am a asshole.
He won't be watching that much longer.

Sephzilla

Even with its problems, the new Godzilla still had a few really good hype moments for me.

The buildup to Godzilla showing up at the airport was A+. Everyone shutting the fuck up when his foot stomped down was fantastic.

Showing up through the smoke/rubble to roar and start the fight? Yeah, boss.

The blue glow before the fire breath? Sweet

The Mortal Kombat fatality finish of the MUTO fight? Awesome

Kaladin

I loved the new Godzilla.

I was legit shook when
the crazy guy who thought Godzilla would save them all was actually right.

Sephzilla

Ken Watanabe's "I've seen some shit" face the entire movie was kind of hilarious.

I also give the new Godzilla bonus points for not shoehorning in some human villain nobody cared about. I had the admiral guy pegged for the guy who'd go borderline crazy trying to nuke Godzilla early on, but they actually kept most of the human characters acting like somewhat reasonable humans.

I came in expecting "a new Godzilla movie, probably different from every other Godzilla movie, but still with Godzilla in it, and with appearance from Guy Who Plays Walter White"

I wasn't disappointed. Not my favorite Godzilla film, but not the worst one, and I'd probably rewatch it someday.

Sephzilla

Not my favorite Godzilla film, but not the worst one, and I'd probably rewatch it someday.

Pretty much this. It's still better than a lot of the movies in the franchise. A good chunk of the 60s movies suck. A few of the 2000 movies suck too (but Final Wars was amazing).

Xater

Can we make it a rule to keep the sick kids out of these threads? I don't find the results of their inclusion particularly funny. :(

Sami zayn's nxt promo was freaking amazing

When is he getting on the main roster?

Finn's accent is also so much more bad ass than shemoose's

Kaladin

Sami zayn's nxt promo was freaking amazing

When is he getting on the main roster?

Finn's accent is also so much more bad ass than shemoose's

He's still got a bit of development to do on the mic I think. That's the first time we've seen something like that from him, and it was amazing.....need to see more.

Top Bottom