• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

December Wrasslin' |OT| PUT A Z-PAK ON THE THREAD, PAL. YOU'RE WORKING TONIGHT

• Thread starter Deleted member 47027
  • Start date
Oh man. Punk is going to get SMASHED. What the fuck is he thinking? What the fuck is DANA thinking? Carny shits. What weight class would Punk be? If he got in his best shape he'd probably be like 185 or something. Dude is going to get FUCKED up. He'll be wishing to be in the ring with Ryback.

He's aiming for welterweight, so 156-170lb. He specifically said he didn't want to fight in light heavyweight (186-205lb). He said he's going to do a test weight cut to see where he's comfortable.

DominoKid

so the reaction is unanimously that cm punk is going to get hurt and lose and probably embarrass himself in the ufc

but

he doesn't seem like the kind of guy who would sign up for something like this without taking it seriously so

how much of the reaction is just people trying to sound smart and above it

i also know nothing about the ufc

nah breh it's not gonna go well at all.

He's aiming for welterweight, so 156-170lb. He specifically said he didn't want to fight in light heavyweight (186-205lb). He said he's going to do a test weight cut to see where he's comfortable.

The day a 36 year old who already has had weight issues in the past can drop 20 lbs without using PEDs is the day Vince gives Cesaro the world title

I'm sure they will throw a can or two at Punk to see if he even belongs.

He has to drop down to welterweight or middleweight to have any chance of success. If he thinks he can just walk into light heavyweight he is going to get murdered.

I wouldn't want to be on the wrong side of 30 making my ufc debut. Just because you take bjj classes doesn't mean you are a ufc fighter. I goto bjj two or three times a week when I'm not on the road maybe I should get a ufc contract.

Edit: is there even a middleweight division? I haven't watched ufc in 3 or 4 year with exception of the really big cards.

strobogo

Banned
so the reaction is unanimously that cm punk is going to get hurt and lose and probably embarrass himself in the ufc

but

he doesn't seem like the kind of guy who would sign up for something like this without taking it seriously so

how much of the reaction is just people trying to sound smart and above it

i also know nothing about the ufc

Punk isn't a real fighter. He's been doing amateur BJJ training for a few years. He's not athletic at all and is in his mid 30s and has never had any kind of professional fight (be it striking or grappling). He's not a super athlete with the athletic background Brock had. Dude is going to get crushed if he signs a fight contract.

At his wrestling weight, he'd be a heavyweight in UFC and would get DEMOLISHED. If he drops to 205, he'll still get smashed. Jumping straight into UFC is a horrible, horrible, horrible idea if he wants to fight. He should have done a second or even third tier promotion.

Fox318

NmKmzuf.jpg

Shit. Good for him, I guess. This could be incredibly embarrassing though which would turn his triumphant return to WWE into more of a tail-between-legs situation.

So with Lesnar rumored to be returning I expect Dana White to book the rematch to Punk/Lesnar. Weight classes be damned.

I wonder how good of a shape he can put himself in without the hectic WWE schedule? I don't think we've ever seen pique physical condition Phil before

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
"It's not about the money" folks. It's because he really wants to fight in the UFC, right

THEY ARE NOT COMPETITION

"They (UFC) aren't really a competitor to us and I explain this to our talent this way in the Performance Center and every time I say it people will say to me oh, that made it very clear for me: people like UFC, they like boxing, but it's completely different from what we are."

-Paul "Triple H" Levesque

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I wonder how good of a shape he can put himself in without the hectic WWE schedule? I don't think we've ever seen pique physical condition Phil before

38.jpg

27 years old. No insane WWE schedule but with access to OVW's facilities that turned Joey Matthews into a ripped midget.

This was his peak. At 27.

Mengetsu

Punk in UFC?! I wonder how Vince and HHH feel about this?!

HHH: Punk just signed with UFC.

Vince: That son of a bitch! he's gonna get all those royalties I stopped him from getting before!
LLShC.gif

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
The stans and marks for Punk in the podcast thread are gonna buy into his 'talent' - and it'll be just like the Great White Hype.

Punk isn't a real fighter. He's been doing amateur BJJ training for a few years. He's not athletic at all and is in his mid 30s and has never had any kind of professional fight (be it striking or grappling). He's not a super athlete with the athletic background Brock had. Dude is going to get crushed if he signs a fight contract.

At his wrestling weight, he'd be a heavyweight in UFC and would get DEMOLISHED. If he drops to 205, he'll still get smashed. Jumping straight into UFC is a horrible, horrible, horrible idea if he wants to fight. He should have done a second or even third tier promotion.

sure, i don'g know anything about ufc or real fighting competitions so i'm not saying i think he's gonna do well i just take this mass reaction with the respect mass reactions to anything deserve

i'm interested to see what happens. i wasn't aware of who cm punk was when he was big in the wwe, only learned about him after, so it's kinda cool to me he isn't gonna just fade into obscurity and will be doing something in 2015. but i hope he doesn't get himself seriously hurt.

strobogo

Banned

LOL yeah fucking right. No way he gets down to 170. I doubt he can even get down to 180. At his peak of being in shape at WM29 he was like 190 and it took him 4 months of intense diet and exercise, he couldn't keep it up, and his body never recovered from that period.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Also if anyone's looking to make a killing, BET ON PUNK'S FIGHTS after his opponent is announced. You'll be able to make an educated guess on whether or not the person is a cripple in the ring or not.

somedevil

Dana is probably going to start looking at all those backyard UFC shows for Punk's first opponent. Hey is that guy that worked at Starbucks who fought Cormier available?

Omega

Banned
Why is it so hard to just be happy for someone these days? Not sure if it's the salt from him getting the fuck out of wrestling or everyone just being hateful these days.

You guys make fun of gaming forum, but this shit is worse than people getting butthurt over Tomb Raider/Street Fighter being exclusive to a console.

Top Bottom