• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

December Wrasslin' |OT| PUT A Z-PAK ON THE THREAD, PAL. YOU'RE WORKING TONIGHT

• Thread starter Deleted member 47027
  • Start date

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Why is it so hard to just be happy for someone these days? Not sure if it's the salt from him getting the fuck out of wrestling or everyone just being hateful these days.

You guys make fun of gaming forum, but this shit is worse than people getting butthurt over Tomb Raider/Street Fighter being exclusive to a console.

Because it probably pisses off people who actually like MMA and shit like this continues to make it look like more and more of a sideshow work fake shit than ever before? Because it's just Punk trying to make money off some insane fans who will follow him until the illusion is shattered? Because even though Punk says it isn't about the money, this is completely a money draw?

But I guess I'm just being 'hateful'.
a win over a nobody, a win over a 60 year old man, a win over a guy who didn't have the stamina to last 30 seconds and a bunch of embarrassing losses.

Why can't you just be happy for Brock getting out of wrestling?

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Why is it so hard to just be happy for someone these days? Not sure if it's the salt from him getting the fuck out of wrestling or everyone just being hateful these days.

You guys make fun of gaming forum, but this shit is worse than people getting butthurt over Tomb Raider/Street Fighter being exclusive to a console.

Nobody's being hateful. It's going to be fun and playful.

EDIT: The current fighters in UFC would likely be butthurt, as someone with no record whatsoever just appears and upstages their hard work.

Because people don't like seeing other people achieve things and take chances with their lives. I don't think he'll do good, but I'm happy for the guy, he's always shown a lot of interest in doing this, and it takes a lot of balls to man up and do something like this, especially given the huge install base of people who fucking hate his guts. Because if he wins, he can just laugh in everyone's face all the way to the bank, and if he loses? People still hate him, nothing changes.

I'm happy for him, worried, but happy.

strobogo

Banned

I was happy for Brock and Bateaster jumping into MMA. Punk jumping in at the top level is hilariously stupid (if he's actually signing a fight contract and not announcer or something) and he will get murdered.

what was brock's ufc run like? i know nothing

Looked dominant, but lost his first fight. Dominate in his next fight. Got a title shot too early but dominated Randy Couture. Avenged his loss against Frank Mir in a most glorious way. Won submission of the night in his next defense. Lost the next two fights and bounced after being made to look human and having his stomach stuff. Considering he did it on a whim, he was successful as fuck. And also the biggest draw UFC at at the time.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Dana specifically saying he's finding someone who is 0-0 almost ensures the first Punk win. Since it's a multi-fight contract he's going to guarantee he wins everything beforehand with either worked matches or picking cripples for his opponent and hoping things don't go south, then an established name for his last fight so he can get KOed and that's that.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
a win over a nobody, a win over a 60 year old man, a win over a guy who didn't have the stamina to last 30 seconds and a bunch of embarrassing losses.
5-3 with 2 losses from top men at UFC, one of which he avenged. His final loss was in part due to diverticulitis as we've all seen Overeem's glass chin. Come on friend.

strobogo

Banned
Punk going to be on a fight pass card in jacarta friends

iB31SvLUdMigB.gif

Random JR on this 30 for 30. OUTTA NOWHERE.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Punk's going to get his ass kicked, but look at him, leaving out his dreams. Writing comic books, getting into MMA. All he needs to do now is get the Blackhawks to sign him up for something.

Omega

Banned
Because it probably pisses off people who actually like MMA and shit like this continues to make it look like more and more of a sideshow work fake shit than ever before? Because it's just Punk trying to make money off some insane fans who will follow him until the illusion is shattered? Because even though Punk says it isn't about the money, this is completely a money draw?

But I guess I'm just being 'hateful'.

Why can't you just be happy for Brock getting out of wrestling?

This is the same sport that has had the likes of Jose Canseco. But oh noes, they brought in a wrassler! thats what our fathers did! our sport is dead now. If anyone is that insecure about someone joining UFC then they need to fix their priorities in life. If he's a fraud that doesn't belong, he'll end up like Drax and Bork. If he's real, then UFC gets someone that's a draw that helps the company which is desperately needs, because I can assure you no one is lining up to buy a Demetrius Johnson headlined event.

Who said I wasn't happy? He asked for a summary of his career, it was nothing noteworthy. I wish he would have stayed, but after Cain and Overroid make him look like a bitch he went crawling back to WWE.

Dana specifically saying he's finding someone who is 0-0 almost ensures the first Punk win. Since it's a multi-fight contract he's going to guarantee he wins everything beforehand with either worked matches or picking cripples for his opponent and hoping things don't go south, then an established name for his last fight so he can get KOed and that's that.

ya4wrl.gif

Vylash

the fuck? that sounds super scummy

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
the fuck? that sounds super scummy

If I was Dana White, that's what I'd do. If he gave no fucks it'd just be for a single fight - then go for it, put him up against a legit fighter. But multi-fight? You need a return on that investment.

UberTag

At this point, Dana should go for broke and bring in the NHL crowd as well.
Sign Cody McLeod to a 1-match contract and have Punk beat his ass wearing Chicago Blackhawk colors.

strobogo

Banned
Wondering what music Brooks gonna come out to..

No Chance In Hell

This is the same sport that has had the likes of Jose Canseco. But oh noes, they brought in a wrassler! thats what our fathers did! our sport is dead now. If anyone is that insecure about someone joining UFC then they need to fix their priorities in life. If he's a fraud that doesn't belong, he'll end up like Drax and Bork. If he's real, then UFC gets someone that's a draw that helps the company which is desperately needs, because I can assure you no one is lining up to buy a Demetrius Johnson headlined event.

Who said I wasn't happy? He asked for a summary of his career, it was nothing noteworthy. I wish he would have stayed, but after Cain and Overroid make him look like a bitch he went crawling back to WWE.

I think there is an issue with UFC, because Dana shits on wrestling and gimmick fights like Pride did, but this is now the second pro wrestler he's brought in just for hype and gimmick fights in the last 5 years. I don't think anyone would have a problem with Punk in Bellator, because they embrace their sports entertainment legacy. Dana tries to pretend they aren't a carny promotion while he gives guys title shots who aren't contenders, has his guys he likes in rankings even if they haven't fought in 2 years, fucked people on money, builds every fight the same way and lets his fighters break kayfabe at the end every time, and publicly shit talks his talent all the god damn time. Dana might be more of a carny than Vince, but won't accept it.

No Chance In Hell

I think there is an issue with UFC, because Dana shits on wrestling and gimmick fights like Pride did, but this is now the second pro wrestler he's brought in just for hype and gimmick fights in the last 5 years. I don't think anyone would have a problem with Punk in Bellator, because they embrace their sports entertainment legacy. Dana tries to pretend they aren't a carny promotion while he gives guys title shots who aren't contenders, has his guys he likes in rankings even if they haven't fought in 2 years, fucked people on money, builds every fight the same way and lets his fighters break kayfabe at the end every time, and publicly shit talks his talent all the god damn time. Dana might be more of a carny than Vince, but won't accept it.

I'm always shocked at how many MMA fans have been conditioned by Dana White to be anti pro wrestling. It's crazy how most of them don't realize how intertwined the history of MMA is with the history of pro wrestling and how much crossover there's been.

RBH

"We understand that Phil Brooks, who once wrestled here as CM Punk, is going to fight for the UFC.

Huh, that's gonna put some butts in the seats."

Top Bottom