• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

December Wrasslin' |OT| PUT A Z-PAK ON THE THREAD, PAL. YOU'RE WORKING TONIGHT

• Thread starter Deleted member 47027
  • Start date

strobogo

Banned
If nothing else this will bring more eyes to the UFC and its a fuck you to the WWE. Even if Punk loses, he wins.

Unless he gets demolished. Then he gets his ass kicked and Vince and HHH get to laugh. ESPECIALLY if he loses to a 0-0, 1-2 fighter. Then he looks like a piece of shit loser who couldn't do anything outside of Vince's banner.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I could go for a "Rusev Conquers the 50 States" storyline where he defends in every state. That could be fun.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I could go for a "Rusev Conquers the 50 States" storyline where he defends in every state. That could be fun.
oNyWtUF.gif

Rusev should bring those rules back with the U.S title but make it so that he has to defend it once a week if they are in the U.S

Or just, y'know, replace it with a tv title

It was actually a pretty cool idea. William Regal had a great reign as a chickenshit heel where he'd barely escape with the time limit draw every match.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
TV title seemed to have more variety in challenges than the US title in WCW. It was a title you could easily get away with having cruiserweights compete for. Like Disco had some good matches with Psicosis for it.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
TV title seemed to have more variety in challenges than the US title in WCW. It was a title you could easily get away with having cruiserweights compete for. Like Disco had some good matches with Psicosis for it.

WCW had great depth too, so you wouldn't need the same old shit all the time.

Rusev defends each week for a year? He's going to battle Kofi Kingston 40 times.

so brock had 8 ufc fights?

strobogo said earlier that he lost his first fight, but is that the one against min soo-kim? cos i just watched that and he won.

Guys, I think this is our in to invade the mma community thread. Now we are all CM Punk fans. Let's show them how the big boys play and maybe push the thread to 20,000 posts faster than the usual 10 months it takes.

strobogo

Banned
so brock had 8 ufc fights?

strobogo said earlier that he lost his first fight, but is that the one against min soo-kim? cos i just watched that and he won.

His first UFC fight was against Frank Mir and was dominating him before getting caught in a heel hook. The rematch had Frank's face looking like this:

Mir1.jpg

I want Rusev to throw the title in the trash and then Lana will reveal and present the Russian Championship belt, which was crafted at the request of Putin. Proclaiming that the US, IC and even the WWE title are beneath it.

Ithil

I love Punk but wtf

Look in my eyes
What do you say
A guy get killed on live TV

Dana White: "Here is a big bag of money, CM Punk, to do that thing you always wanted to do at least once, that you're right on the verge of being too old to ever do if you don't do it now"

CM Punk: "Ok"

Man God

Non-Canon Member
The US Title was incredibly strong in WCW, at some points it was even considered the top belt. Hogan was the only man to consider himself above it and it stayed strong until Goldberg relinquished it.

Omega

Banned
I want Rusev to throw the title in the trash and then Lana will reveal and present the Russian Championship belt, which was crafted at the request of Putin. Proclaiming that the US, IC and even the WWE title are beneath it.

you should go to a wwe event and let your voice be heard.

Vince listens to your valuable opinions

Unless he gets demolished. Then he gets his ass kicked and Vince and HHH get to laugh. ESPECIALLY if he loses to a 0-0, 1-2 fighter. Then he looks like a piece of shit loser who couldn't do anything outside of Vince's banner.

He still brings more eyes to the UFC and gets to do something he wants to do. I still see it as a win even if he loses. He may surprise us. Hell he just did.

Dana White: "Here is a big bag of money, CM Punk, to do that thing you always wanted to do at least once, that you're right on the verge of being too old to ever do if you don't do it now"

CM Punk: "Ok"

He's getting paid a bunch to cross an item off his bucket list on the biggest stage there is. Good for him.

You two are looking at this from the perspective of "rich guy who's done a lot he's proud of gets to be slightly richer and slightly prouder" instead of "guy who has nagging injuries, literally just almost died this year, and who can't even take a kick from Ryback without being hurt is now going to be kicked a lot, hurt even more and probably almost die again"

So... Cesaro fired.

Bryan injured.

Punk gets fired, goes to UFC.

Brock gonna leave for UFC.

What's next... Ziggler leaves for a standup career?

Ithil

You two are looking at this from the perspective of "rich guy who's done a lot he's proud of gets to be slightly richer and slightly prouder" instead of "guy who has nagging injuries, literally just almost died this year, and who can't even take a kick from Ryback without being hurt is now going to be kicked a lot, hurt even more and probably almost die again"

He had injuries a year ago and hasn't wrestled in that time. If he's signed with UFC I assume most of those have healed. Silva got his leg snapped like a twig a year ago and he's back in the cage next month.

This is probably speculation based on Meltzer a while back saying there are some WWE guys who'd rather be in New Japan. Then Dave interviewed Daniel Bryan, and Bryan let it slip that Cesaro and Bray Wyatt love New Japan.

Top Bottom