• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

December Wrasslin' |OT| PUT A Z-PAK ON THE THREAD, PAL. YOU'RE WORKING TONIGHT

• Thread starter Deleted member 47027
  • Start date

Thorakai

It'll be ok, Ambrose and Rollins proved they can main event a PPV and they have Roman Reigns who's gonna make it rain in this BITCH. Baleedat.

I still have faith in the Roman Empire, I believe he will get where he needs to be in time. Not everyone is a prodigy like Rusev (who will also get elevated to main event talent in due time)

I feel like Rusev is just ripe to elevate someone else to the main event with him in a blow-off for a feud ending at Wrestlemania. Just plant the seeds for Rusev turning face by losing in a close matchup and have the whole mutual respect thing overcome Russia vs. US sentiments.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I feel like Rusev is just ripe to elevate someone else to the main event with him in a blow-off for a feud ending at Wrestlemania. Just plant the seeds for Rusev turning face by losing in a close matchup and have the whole mutual respect thing overcome Russia vs. US sentiments.

John Cena's 2015 American loving buddy?

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
What? I thought the HBK feuds were good.

Didn't care for it. The promos came off as super cornball, and the match itself suffered the usual 'big match feel' problems of everyone has infinite finishers and kicks out of all of them to try to heighten drama but instead makes the match feel like it has far less weight and causes it to just end rather than end with a big epic moment.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
He's a big ol' mark for himself and has burned pretty much every bridge via his terrible attitude, refusing to put people over and going into business for himself. That second picture was from a CZW show - the match ended prematurely and Low Ki freaked the fuck out because he hadn't been given time to get his shit in, to the point that security had to drag him from the building. He burned ROH not once, not twice, but three times by refusing to job on the night of a show, he did the same for EVOLVE (as well as recklessly and intentionally knocking some barely trained dude the fuck out) and got fired from All Japan for picking a fight with Hikaru Sato, a legitimate shoot fighter. Oh, and New Japan fired him after he took a sponsorship deal to dress up as Hitman's Agent 47 for the biggest show of the year without actually asking if that'd be cool with New Japan.
Wait, I didn't know the Hitman outfit was a sponsorship deal. Goddamn really? I thought he was just cosplaying.

Aiii

So not worth it
Rusev should never be a face. NEVER.

He's a big brute, he should be a big brute, kill people, do stuff.

None of this Christmas Baby bullshit or dancing in lingerie gimmicks for Rusev, I beg you.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member

I also see huuuuuuuuge things for Rusev in the future as a babyface, I really do. Almost everything he does is babyface with the one caveat being "well, Russia" - everything he does is babyface as fuck. Lana and Rusev need to stick together for a long time and then he can have a great babyface run when the time's right, but Lana neeeeeds Rusev as much as he needs her if not more.

They gotta stick together. And I want a WWE 30 minute or 1 hour special on those two.

Vylash

main problem with Rusev is that he talks now which completely ruins the need for Lana, and she's the only reason he's really over

I also see huuuuuuuuge things for Rusev in the future as a babyface, I really do. Almost everything he does is babyface with the one caveat being "well, Russia" - everything he does is babyface as fuck. Lana and Rusev need to stick together for a long time and then he can have a great babyface run when the time's right, but Lana neeeeeds Rusev as much as he needs her if not more.

They gotta stick together. And I want a WWE 30 minute or 1 hour special on those two.

Considering those two are together in real life, you'd hope they keep them together.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
main problem with Rusev is that he talks now which completely ruins the need for Lana, and she's the only reason he's really over

Except she's not. Rusev has completely left Lana in the dust, and it only exposes how poor of a promo Lana is.

Xater

BREAKING NEWS: THE FLINTSTONES AND WWE: STONE AGE SMACKDOWN TRAILER!

Link: http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/12...+twitter&utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social

Earlier this year, we saw the Scooby-Doo gang meet the WWE and now we'll find out what happens when Fred Flintstone and his friends and family encounter the famous wrestlers in the new animated movie The Flintstones and WWE: Stone Age Smackdown.

The story imagines the WWE as a part of the world of The Flintstones, complete with Bedrock-ized names for the WWE superstars, including John Cena-Stone, Daniel Bry-Rock, The Boulder Twins and Mr. McMagma. Amusingly The Undertaker's Flintstones name is simply... The Undertaker.

The Flintstones and WWE: Stone Age Smackdown is available on Blu-ray, DVD and digitally on March 17, 2015.

wweposterjpg-d18def.jpg

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Except she's not. Rusev has completely left Lana in the dust, and it only exposes how poor of a promo Lana is.

She's not supposed to work with much anyway.

I think it's good and someone's been pulling out all the stops backstage in keeping Rusev protected. I was worried when he was in Survivor Series, I get worried when I see him in a tag match but they manage to keep him protected. Gives me hope.

Aiii

So not worth it
She's not supposed to work with much anyway.

I think it's good and someone's been pulling out all the stops backstage in keeping Rusev protected. I was worried when he was in Survivor Series, I get worried when I see him in a tag match but they manage to keep him protected. Gives me hope.

Honestly, they did their best, but he was still eliminated. Don't put your undefeated person in a match where they HAVE TO BE defeated. Ryback's off even worse, since he was even less protected. Match would have been fine without these guys, it wasn't even remotely about them anyways.

bjork

I can't even believe I'm asking this but

how do you have the flintstones

and people are renamed with shit in their names like rock

and you don't have THE ROCK in it

Aiii

So not worth it
I can't even believe I'm asking this but

how do you have the flintstones

and people are renamed with shit in their names like rock

and you don't have THE ROCK in it

Because The Rock costs five times more than the entire budget for this film.

If I still get the shows even if they are not live I think that would be alright. We will see. I'll get it for at least a month after WK9 and then I'll decide.

Given the time difference between Japan and where I live, I wouldn't be able to watch the NJPW shows live anyway.

I'm close to pulling the trigger on New Japan Pro Wrestling World.

Thorakai

do kids even watch the flintstones these days

at least with scooby-doo there were reboots being shown on television

Xater

Given the time difference between Japan and where I live, I wouldn't be able to watch the NJPW shows live anyway.

I'm close to pulling the trigger on New Japan Pro Wrestling World.

They are in the morning for me. Like 7-10 am so it's manageable depending on the day.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
do kids even watch the flintstones these days

at least with scooby-doo there were reboots being shown on television

No but there's a bunch of grown ass dudes in this thread that watch it. Go buy a Vita, pervs.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I think my favorite angle of all time was Vince's furious attempts to make Kurt get booed over John. Angle slamming Maria, not much caring for the black people, teaming with *terrorists, and making Jesus tap out. And still Cena got booed.

And that was in 2006, and Vince still hasn't wised up.

bjork

Because The Rock costs five times more than the entire budget for this film.

They have a licensing deal with him, right? Just get some soundalike, it's not hard to ape Rock's handful of catchphrases.

Also, yes. That Fred is atrocious.

Xater

No but there's a bunch of grown ass dudes in this thread that watch it. Go buy a Vita, pervs.

I'm going to watch it so I can review it on the podcast with Penguin. We did it for the Scooby Doo thing and as I have learned through Twitter that now means I have to do this on as well.

RP912

Banned
I'm calling it...

Cena/Fred Flintstone in a fruity pebbles on a Brontosaurus match.

BOOK IT MAGGLESAURUS

Doesn't compare to him about to kill the MMA dude that was shooting on him during Smackdown...

Ah, Daniel Puder. Remember when ROH thought they could capitalize on his infamy only to realize that he's awful at professional wrestling?

Also, for the WrassleGAF 'cists, I'm sure Angle assaulting Queen Sharmell and threatening to have beastiality sex with her is a highlight.

Marvel

could never
I legit thought Kurt was about to kill Puder. Don't think I've ever seen him so angry.

My favorite moment of Angle's was his refusing to come out on Raw unless the crowd would stop chanting "YOU SUCK" that was gold. Went on forever.

RP912

Banned
Ah, Daniel Puder. Remember when ROH thought they could capitalize on his infamy only to realize that he's awful at professional wrestling?

Also, for the WrassleGAF 'cists, I'm sure Angle assaulting Queen Sharmell and threatening to have beastiality sex with her is a highlight.

Ruthless aggression era showed no mercy with the ism...

I legit thought Kurt was about to kill Puder. Don't think I've ever seen him so angry.

He showed more veins coming out of his neck during that stunt than his wwecw run. It would have been another Bart Gunn situation if the ref didn't react on time...

I hope they run through all the HB franchises with crossovers, Tom and Jerry, Wacky Races, Jonny Quest, Jetsons, Yogi Bear...

Ooh, Wacky Races. Already halfway there. Peter Perfect should be Mr Perfect
lolno, Cena
, Dick Dastardly should be Paul Hayman with his sidekick, Brockley, Undertaker and Kane the Gruesome Twosome... Ehhhh, I'm probably imagining it to be way better than it actually will be. ;-;

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Kurt's never coming back for a match, please just let the man die peacefully.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
It's funny that they're doing these HB crossovers when the perfect time would have been to do it in the 80s. Like all those Golden Age wrestlers are basically cartoon characters themselves. No one wants to see The fucking Usos in The Jetsons.

Marvel

could never
Kurt needs to come home but that story of them offering him a full time schedule to put him off sucks man. Why do that? he can still be an asset even if he barely wrestles.

Great talker, have him as GM for a little while and give him one more match at WM and end it imo.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
It's funny that they're doing these HB crossovers when the perfect time would have been to do it in the 80s. Like all those Golden Age wrestlers are basically cartoon characters themselves. No one wants to see The fucking Usos in The Jetsons.

Usos? No.

Dust brothers chasing the cosmic key though? Sign me up.

RP912

Banned
Why people want Angle to come back :/

Angle's last great match was with blank mcblank...after that dude became a walking zombie.

A shell of his former self.

Angle with hair>>>>>>>>>>>>>bald miserable angle

Undertaker vs Angle was Undertaker's last good wrasslin feud and Undertaker vs Booker was his last good storyline feud. Everything after it was completely forgettable or dumb(Triple H)

Absolutely not. Undertaker-Edge is extremely underappreciated. The only reason it doesn't get credit is because it went on a bit too long, but the matches and most of the builds were consistently great.

Top Bottom