• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

December Wrasslin' |OT| PUT A Z-PAK ON THE THREAD, PAL. YOU'RE WORKING TONIGHT

• Thread starter Deleted member 47027
  • Start date

Sephzilla

Why people want Angle to come back :/

Angle's last great match was with blank mcblank...after that dude became a walking zombie.

A shell of his former self.

Angle with hair>>>>>>>>>>>>>bald miserable angle

I'd rather see his last match take place not in a TNA ring

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
K-Mart and The Flinstones. WWE really knows how to pick those relevant crossovers.
Absolutely not. Undertaker-Edge is extremely underappreciated. The only reason it doesn't get credit is because it went on a bit too long, but the matches and most of the builds were consistently great.

If anything, I would call it overappreciated. It just felt like a feud that existed to inflate Edge and Undertaker's title reigns so people would buy them more 'legitimately' especially Edge.

shoplifter

NINE NINETY NINE (YEN)

So easy to spend that, I *might* keep up with WWE network after that if it's worth it on a month-to-month.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Boootaaay, are you making a big NJPW World info topic for Off-Topic? Unlike Larry The Cable Guy and Grumpy Cat, this could pull in a lot of people who don't watch WWE or who only watched G1 when we had the OT for that.

If anything, I would call it overappreciated. It just felt like a feud that existed to inflate Edge and Undertaker's title reigns so people would buy them more 'legitimately' especially Edge.

Guess I just disagree. Had some fun twists, and some really great matches (Main event of WM 24, HIAC at SS '08, TLC at ONS '08, etc.). Maybe the goal was just to legitimize Edge and Taker, but it was a huge success.

TraBuch

Banned
Is there a video of this on YouTube or anything?
Kurt_f80c65_384178.gif
Anyone at least know who the other dude is? Or what show that was?

RP912

Banned
Man I loved that Taker/Edge hitc match at summerslam 08. Edge was so in the zone throughout that match. It was also the last great hell in the cell match imo...

bjork

Is there a japanese wrestler whose gimmick is that they're a high school delinquent? That could serve as my gateway into watching some.

The Flintstones crossover is infinitely weirder to me than the Scooby Doo one, I was pondering if kids even know of the Flintstones these days but I guess it must be more of a UK thing where it's as if Flinstones have been gradually phased out, Scooby Doo still holds strong sticking around in various forms so that one didn't come across as random for a crossover. Must be different in the states (you've got Cena and his fruity pebbles after all) but I think I'm more likely to come across reruns of Top Cat these days on UK TV before Flintstones.
Hey there's an idea, cast WWE wrestlers as another alley of cats in that show, it'll be great, okay it'll be sub par but the character design novelty will be worth it.

Though when it comes down to it, a Stone Age themed crossover irrelevant to the modern audience is a perfect fit for WWE right now.

Cena translates so well into generic cartoon form lol.
He really does, my old man has always referred to him as the man with the oblong head which helps being a cartoonish shape in itself.

JavyOO7

Tyson Kidd is the shit. I'd have no problems giving him dah MVP title in NXT for this year. Always in great matches, and the more non sense he rants about, the better he is. That rant he did with Sami in the same night they fought for Sami's 'Road to Redemption' story was too funny. The interview he gave where he was talking about Adam Rose being a joke was great. Incredulous reaction with every sentence he spoke and always ending it with 'fact'. That amazing shirt he had in this past week's NXT and him ranting on and on about Finn Balor. Hogging the spotlight as his significant other won the SS match was amazing too. He's definitely one of my favorite characters right now.

Which is why he's going to be released in 2015 after Wrestlemania season. Yup.

EDIT = And watch the two matches he had with Sami at Main Event recently. They were pretty good...

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Is there a japanese wrestler whose gimmick is that they're a high school delinquent? That could serve as my gateway into watching some.

Okada's close. Basically a bancho-ass bully.

Mubbed

Is there a site that shows non-spoiler event cards for past few years of New Japan? Would make it easier to browse through the content on the streaming service.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Even though I don't like Baba as a wrestler and think he's weird looking, that man is frightening in a suit. He looks like he'd have your whole bloodline wiped out if you annoyed him.

DMczaf

Guys, I get the feeling tonight's Raw will be one we will never forget.

Tonight is the night. Bright lights, hype crowd

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I have to watch Raw tonight due to my roommate being a Rosebud, and she asked if I could jiff it. I have to sit through Raw ! :(

Is there a Japanese wrestler who is shy around pretty girls and is a shut-in?

Kota Ibushi

Top Bottom