• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

December Wrasslin' |OT| PUT A Z-PAK ON THE THREAD, PAL. YOU'RE WORKING TONIGHT

• Thread starter Deleted member 47027
  • Start date

Aiii

So not worth it
I started working out yesterday after taking a month-long break due to various injuries and aches...

EVERYTHING HURTS.

Malvingt2

B4VcS3RCEAAXx-V.jpg

Omega

Banned
catching up on last weeks NXT

why are they including this boring piece of shit Bayley into this Charlotte/Sasha feud? this feels like when Cena got forced into Ambrose/Rollins

Xater

Apparently Jason David Frank wants to fight Punk.

Let's go UFC. Go full carry. CM Punk vs Green Power Ranger smells like money.

Aiii

So not worth it
He's been asking Punk to fight him for years now.

Guy is way too far ahead of Punk though, far as I can tell. Even with six months of training I would not pick him to be Punk's first opponent if I was Dana, to be honest.

Hasney

Wouldn't be shocked if Punks first match is the closest UFC have ever been to a jobber squash match opponent
and Punk still loses

Fox318

Is del Rio signed to bellator?

Honestly if you are an athlete there is no point in trying wrestling over mma at this point.

Pay is worse
No competition
Work schedule sucks
Health concerns are worse.
Backstage politicking fucks up your pay
Industry is dying outside of Japan.

Jamie OD

Apparently Jason David Frank wants to fight Punk.

Let's go UFC. Go full carry. CM Punk vs Green Power Ranger smells like money.

Everybody in the UFC wants to fight Punk. Heck, it's the first time many of the fighters have figured out that if they want to get anywhere they have to start naming and challenging opponents rather than wait to be told who's next for them.

Fox318

Everybody in the UFC wants to fight Punk. Heck, it's the first time many of the fighters have figured out that if they want to get anywhere they have to start naming and challenging opponents rather than wait to be told who's next for them.
They are grabbing the brass ring.

Hasney

Lol no.

WCW sacrificed their entire company for a 2 paragraph writeup on USA today

Plus, if Arquette just went in and got his ass kicked, I doubt anyone would have complained. it was an episode of Thunder, not a PPV main event at least.

strobogo

Banned
Lol no.

WCW sacrificed their entire company for a 2 paragraph writeup on USA today

WCW was already dead. There was no saving it. Nothing they could have done in 2000 would have mattered at all.

Man, NJ really needs some younger talent. You look at their roster and it is amazing how much of their roster is in their late 30s-mid to late 40s. Some of them can still go at a reasonably high level (Suzuki, Kojima, Nagata). Others (Nakanishi, Tenzan, Iizuka) are useless. I wonder what they're going to do in the next 2-3 years when those dudes retire and they have nothing but Bullet Club and young lions for the first half of every show.

Rest of the WKIX card has been announced.

1. a New Japan Rumble, basically a battle royal to get everyone else on the card.

2. Toru Yano and a mystery partnet vs. Suzukigun (Not confirmed yet but probably Iizuka and Shelton)

3. Tenzan, Kojima, and Honma vs. Fale, Yujiro, and the New Japan debut of Jarrett.

4. As expected, Gun Gallows vs. Gotobata.

Fox318

WCW was already dead. There was no saving it. Nothing they could have done in 2000 would have mattered at all.

Man, NJ really needs some younger talent. You look at their roster and it is amazing how much of their roster is in their late 30s-mid to late 40s.
Nash was the captain.

He could have saved us from the cenatastrophe we live today.

bjork

just wanted an excuse to post this gif again

Gif of 2014.

The Monday Night War and NWO documentary stuff implies that even midlevel WWF guys can beat WCW's top stars, but Diesel aint no mid level guy. He's manhandling the Undertaker. POWERBOMB! If the motherfucker just pinned him he would have broke the streak before there even was a streak.

Instead he's standing around like an asshole! SECOND POWERBOMB! Paul Bearer is legit shook. But the motherfucker still won't go for the pin. After wasting 40 seconds he finally does but Undertaker chokes him! He tries to knock him out but he keeps choking him! This is what you deserve you cocky motherfucker. They fuck around for a bit BUT THEN UNDERTAKER HITS THE CHOKESLAM! Followed by the Tombstone piledriver and he got hit so hard he had to go to WCW.

Diesel was the original Dumb Fuck.

I was there and that when he's leaning on the ropes going, "I'm the shit!" I was like PIN HIM FUCK.

Top five Dogs in pro-wrestling history

5- Snoop Dogg
4- Matilda
3- Road Dogg
2-Junkyard Dog
1- British Bulldog

#1 is Matilda. None of these dogs had a letter writing campaign to send get-well wishes, but Matilda did. Also, dead dogs are better than Road Dogg. Fuck that guy.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Sponsored by Takis

Goddamn Stro getting that Takis money.

I've also looked at NJPW's roster, wondering how things are going to pan out in a few years. If they can keep Ibushi alive and away from working himself to death they'll forever have a shining star.

I did go back and watch an old Gallows match when he was Festus. Dude had a miracle on his career that saved him. He woulda been nothing if not for the SES reinvention, for serious. He's enjoyable to watch, and I know a lot of people don't like him, but I really like Luke Gallows.

Anderson looks weird with a tattoo. I'm used to an unblemished egg persona.

RoH wasn't bad last night. Jay Briscoe deserves better.

Xater

He's been asking Punk to fight him for years now.

Guy is way too far ahead of Punk though, far as I can tell. Even with six months of training I would not pick him to be Punk's first opponent if I was Dana, to be honest.

You are right. Green Ranger actually has some fights under his belt. I just think it would make for a carny as fuck card which would be funny.

Aiii

So not worth it
You are right. Green Ranger actually has some fights under his belt. I just think it would make for a carny as fuck card which would be funny.

Not just that, my Wikipedia research tells me that while they both have purple belts in BJJ, JDF has a 7th degree black belt in Karate.

I dunno, maybe this can be his 3rd or 4th fight when he can lose one and Punk can fuck off afterwards with his head held high for simply trying and not failing in his first match out.

Sephzilla

I'd mark out if Punk vs Green Ranger happens and then Green Ranger walks to the octagon to the Mighty Morphin' theme and then Cult of Personality hits.

On that note - Punk's MMA career will go better than Batista's

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I'd mark out if Punk vs Green Ranger happens and then Green Ranger walks to the octagon to the Mighty Morphin' theme and then Cult of Personality hits.

On that note - Punk's MMA career will go better than Batista's

Batista's undefeated. Punk's not gonna be that.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Sorry, I meant Mark Briscoe. He's a fascinating one to watch. Jay's ehh, but Mark is dope as fuck.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Jay has that legit shoot insane redneck aspect to him. I've had nightmares of being killed by people like him. They're real folks, folks.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Shit. I was going to say Lesnar is Goldar.

On that note. If/when Brock decides to go back to UFC, does anybody else kind of hope or wish that Paul Heyman could still be his mouthpiece in UFC?

Nope. Brock is gold on the mic on his own. Some of his best work in UFC were postfight interviews.

Top Bottom