• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

December Wrasslin' |OT| PUT A Z-PAK ON THE THREAD, PAL. YOU'RE WORKING TONIGHT

• Thread starter Deleted member 47027
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Why do you people decide whether or not to subscribe to WWE Network if they push or don't push people? You should be subscribing if the Network has value to you. "But I don't like the outcomes!" hahahahaha

If Reignsamania happens and Reigns shows little to no improvement leading up to it
which he wont
then yeah I'm unsubbing.

I don't hate Reigns by any stretch but he's just so clearly not ready for the Cena level push he's going to be getting. I'm quietly hoping that WM31 ends with Rollins as champ.

Do you think the crowd at the Rumble will turn on Reigns like they did last year with Batista?

Sephzilla

Why do you people decide whether or not to subscribe to WWE Network if they push or don't push people? You should be subscribing if the Network has value to you. "But I don't like the outcomes!" hahahahaha

Not liking the outcomes or the state of the current product has a pretty direct correlation to the value of the WWE Network

Do you think the crowd at the Rumble will turn on Reigns like they did last year with Batista?

No, unfortunately, because there's nobody as supernova over as Daniel Bryan this year that Reign's would be taking a spot from. That and the Rumble is going to hide Reign's limited moveset pretty well so he'll probably look good during the match.

Umm that's exactly what they're saying in different words. It only has value if they're getting what they want.

Fox318

I won't resubscirbe until after the Rumble. I refuse to support this company if they push Roman Reigns to the moon.

It just needs to make sense.

Right now Reigns just fits Vince's body fetish and has the family ties to the rock ans Uso's.

WWE took a generation that grew up on wrestling when it was hot as it ever will be and created 0 stars.

Cena was a body builder, he never had a passion for this. There is nobody else and the second Vince dies every single investor will flee.

jred2k

I'm sure Vince looks at subscriber numbers much more often than he reads his @ replies. If you don't like the current direction of a company, don't be part of the reason they can continue to operate the same way. Seems pretty simple.

Heel

They really think the product is better if their fave wins. Let that settle in.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Not liking the outcomes or the state of the current product has a pretty direct correlation to the value of the WWE Network

Umm that's exactly what they're saying in different words. It only has value if they're getting what they want.

I'm sure Vince looks at subscriber numbers much more often than he reads his @ replies. If you don't like the current direction of a company, don't be part of the reason they can continue to operate the same way. Seems pretty simple.

Oh you guys.

Lemme ask this then - do you enjoy WWE as a whole? The WWE Experience? Their smaller shows, their quick videos, the content on the Network beyond simply PPV events and Raw/SD replays?

I do like how there's a constant narrative of "If you don't like it, stop watching."

So when people say they're going to do that, it's "Well you're stopping for the wrong reasons."

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I do like how there's a constant narrative of "If you don't like it, stop watching."

So when people say they're going to do that, it's "Well you're stopping for the wrong reasons."

For live shows that makes sense. If a show IS shit, tune out. But all the other stuff they do - surely you can find SOME enjoyment in that, no?

I'd say overall the WWE is worth watching as a whole. Certain shows are nearly impossible to watch, but I feel they make up for it in a lot of other areas, enough to justify a simple ten dollar bill each month. NXT alone is that for many people.

Recall

The Network offered me everything I wanted from the start. PPV archive of ECW, WCW and WWE. Everything added now is just gravy,

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Honest question;

We're approaching the end of 2014 - how is the state of wrestling?

Better than ever. NJPW is more accessible than before, WWE continues its predictable march forwards, RoH is doing great, Lucha Underground exists and is fun, not to mention a lot of other indies doing very well.

Wrestling is at a great place right now where they can cater to their fans, no matter their demographic and interest. It's available wherever you want it now, it's fantastic.

Oh yeah, and Naito vs. AJ was made official as well, but I figured that was given.

As for Yano's partner, I could see Chono, but considering Iizuka is likely on the Suzuki-Gun side maybe Riki Choshu would be a better partner as he was Iizuka's mentor. As for Iizuka I haven't seen Shelton doing much with NJPW right now, so they might bring in Takayama who is still a member last time I checked.

Xater

Oh you guys.

Lemme ask this then - do you enjoy WWE as a whole? The WWE Experience? Their smaller shows, their quick videos, the content on the Network beyond simply PPV events and Raw/SD replays?

Oh that's easy. I think all the stuff like Cuntdown and Monday Night Wars is terrible. RAW sucks and just hearing about the PPVs is more than enough for me right now. So yeah the Network has no value for me. Make the main product not suck then I might return. Archives are really not as appealing as I thought they would be. Especially not when there is other stuff out there which is new and interesting.

Have you been liking the outcomes?

Anyway, apparently Dean being stretchered out was
a way of writing him off so Roman can return and face Wyatt at TLC(S)

If it is true (which I doubt) that would be HILARIOUS.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member

I have no opinion either way really, that's not why I watch. I like the atmosphere, and the possibility of something interesting happening. I'm not too concerned if someone is or isn't being pushed.

Oh you guys.

No, not really. I think they've done a piss poor job with original content on the network, the smaller shows like Superstars and Main Event are mostly worthless and the archive content, while nice to have if I get the urge to watch a specific event or to just put on in the background, isn't something I find myself watching every month, let alone every week, every day. There's a wealth of great wrestling, new and old, to discover outside of WWE and, at present, the Network and WWE's product as a whole isn't doing enough to keep me watching.

Also, where the hell is my territory TV and old-school house shows? It's been an age since they've uploaded anything like that. I hear we're getting Tuesday Night Titans, though.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
No, not really. I think they've done a piss poor job with original content on the network, the smaller shows like Superstars and Main Event are mostly worthless and the archive content, while nice to have if I get the urge to watch a specific event or to just put on in the background, isn't something I find myself watching every month, let alone every week, every day. There's a wealth of great wrestling, new and old, to discover outside of WWE and, at present, the Network and WWE's product as a whole isn't doing enough to keep me watching.

Also, where the hell is my territory TV and old-school house shows? It's been an age since they've uploaded anything like that. I hear we're getting Tuesday Night Titans, though.

TNT is already on, and it's weird.

I have no opinion either way really, that's not why I watch. I like the atmosphere, and the possibility of something interesting happening. I'm not too concerned if someone is or isn't being pushed.

If wrestlers you are interested in are being jobbed out in nothing matches on pre-shows, while the same old shit is constantly happening in the main event, it's not really shocking that it would result in you deciding to un-subscribe.

Anyway, apparently Dean being stretchered out was
a way of writing him off so Roman can return and face Wyatt at TLC(S)

If it is true (which I doubt) that would be HILARIOUS.

They've announced on Facebook of all places that Ambrose is "cleared".

Heel

According to PWInsider.com, Bellator MMA is interested in bringing in pro wrestlers to add to their roster. The company recently did a “relaunch” of their product that features more pro wrestling inspired dialogue, with more drama than your standard Mixed Martial Arts show.

The idea is to bring in wrestlers, who are used to cutting promos and being in front of a camera, and create a hybrid of potentially scripted drama and “storylines” that would end in a real MMA fight. Former TNA World Champion Bobby Lashley is currently on the Bellator roster, as well as King Mo, who has done work for TNA and expressed multiple times that he is a major fan of pro wrestling.

One big name being discussed is Alberto del Rio, who has a 9-5 professional MMA record, and fought for various promotions prior to signing with WWE. No formal conversations have taken place, and its unknown if the former World Champion would even consider leaving wrestling for real fighting, especially now that he’s a relatively in-demand talent on the lucha scene.

Bellator officials have stated multiple times that they want to go after Brock Lesnar once his WWE deal expires in 2015. Of course, this news comes after CM Punk made major headlines signing a multi-fight deal with UFC.

Would you watch this? I would.

Aiii

So not worth it
What makes the Network less interesting to me if the lack of prime Raw and Nitro. Nitro partially being there now is okay, some I am finally able to rewatch a period of wrestling I'm interested in, but instead of binging Nitro's and PPV's one after the other I'm doing one a week, because I know I will run or before they upload another year.

In the meantime the original programming is severely lacking in quality, but okay as background noise. I never watch the pre and post shows, nor Main Event, nor Superstars. Only NXT really interests me and I'll watch the PPV's. The price is too low to cancel, but we're it fine bucks more is probably have canceled by now.

Heel

The media rumbling was that the UFC signed CM Punk defensively because Bellator would've got him otherwise. Punk saying he would've fought elsewhere seems to confirm that.

Bellator is pushing the sports entertainment narrative. Would not be surprised if they make a big play for Brock next year.

Heel

Fights with real outcomes, but engaging buildups would be great. It would be too risky due to injury, but it would be great to see them get fed squash matches as a build up to the feud.

The thing is though, there's nothing stopping them from flipping an injury into a scripted narrative of some kind.

iDpyQVUOKBB2Q.gif

Man what if Punk turns out to be legit and pumps out MOTN after MOTN in all of his fights and eventually becomes champion. Dude would be the literal biggest star MMA has ever had.

But naw, reality's gotta happen.

Heel

Brock's not going to go to Bellator. And I kind of doubt Bellator would be able to compete with UFC in terms of money.

UFC's new apparel deal is a roadblock for Brock's sponsorship deals, making it less of a no-brainer in my mind. He'll go where the money is.

Bellator is owned by Viacom. They've shown they're willing to spend to compete, a la WCW. How much remains to be seen.

DMczaf

Diesel's character at the end of 1994 was weird after winning the title. He still had his shitty heel Diesel theme, and he still acted like heel Diesel in certain ways.

329EnJo.jpg

Diesel's character at the end of 1994 was weird after winning the title. He still had his shitty heel Diesel theme, and he still acted like heel Diesel in certain ways.

329EnJo.jpg

Almost like he invented the attitude era..! Kevin Nash never ceases to amaze me, he was cool before cool was cool.

Toki767

UFC's new apparel deal is a roadblock for Brock's sponsorship deals, making it less of a no-brainer in my mind. He'll go where the money is.

Bellator is owned by Viacom. They've shown they're willing to spend to compete, a la WCW. How much remains to be seen.

Didn't Brock's UFC deal include a percentage of PPV buys though? I imagine that got him quite a lot of money.

Now that UFC and Bellator are pulling back the curtains and signing real pro wrestlers instead of just amateurs are we going to combine this thread with MMA GAF?

Top Bottom