• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

December Wrasslin' |OT| PUT A Z-PAK ON THE THREAD, PAL. YOU'RE WORKING TONIGHT

• Thread starter Deleted member 47027
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Now that UFC and Bellator are pulling back the curtains and signing real pro wrestlers instead of just amateurs are we going to combine this thread with MMA GAF?

We're approaching singularity, no doubt, friends.

Prepare yourself for the insight only Vio-Lence, Chamber, bone_and_sinew and others can offer.

Heel

Didn't Brock's UFC deal include a percentage of PPV buys though? I imagine that got him quite a lot of money.

Yes, but money is money no matter how it's paid out. It's on UFC or WWE to price them out. Could Viacom treat him as a loss leader and put him on free television? Could they return to pay-per-view? I say yes.

We're approaching singularity, no doubt, friends.

Prepare yourself for the insight only Vio-Lence, Chamber, bone_and_sinew and others can offer.

There was a time long ago when a combined sports entertainment thread was entertained. See you in 2015, friends.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Hell, even I noticed there would be some bleedover - Bellator has a home in the OP, if you read it - not everyone is OP-focused but...we in there.

Heel

Hell, even I noticed there would be some bleedover - Bellator has a home in the OP, if you read it - not everyone is OP-focused but...we in there.

EmetbQhl.jpg

pvqxfIPl.jpg

Kaladin

Friends, that one time of the year when we watch CZW is upon us this Saturday night.....

The Cage of Death!!!

*The Cage of Death: CZW champion Sozio vs. Blk Jeez vs. Drew Gulak vs. Biff Busick

*CZW Tag Team Champions OI4K (Jake & Dave Crist) vs. The American Wolves (Davey Richards & Eddie Edwards)

*CZW Wired Champion Shane Strickland vs. 'Chainsaw' Joe Gacy

*Norman Smiley Memorial Bunkhouse Brawl Ultraviolent Food Fight of Life & Death: Greg Excellent & ? with Mama Excellent vs. Matt Tremont & ?

*CZW Owner DJ Hyde v. 'Dirty Daddy' Chris Dickinson

*Alexander James vs. Rich Swann

*BOTB14 Qualifier - Scramble Match: Caleb Konley vs. Jonathan Gresham vs. Alex Colon vs. 'The Product' David Starr vs. 'Speedball' Mike Bailey vs. AR Fox

NOI's Devon Moore & Lucky 13 vs. Demetrius Papadon & Pepper Parks with Cherry Bomb

Also appearing are CZW Tag-Team Champions OI4K with Nevaeh, 'Dirty' Buxx Belmar and more.

I see 3 potentially good matches on that card. The BOTB14 Qualifier, Wolves vs OI4k and of course the cage of death.

Even if you know nothing of CZW storylines, the cage in itself can be entertaining.....both for the over the top nature of the match and the potential for botchyness is high.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I think Cage of Death should be a joint Nerd Chat Fun Smorgasboard with MMA-GAF as a mixer and handshaking press-the-flesh diplomacy event.

Wow, the WWE web team sure are fun & playful! They're totally topical and up-to-date with all these radical, kick-ass 'memes', just like the ones members of the WWE Universe™ are using to express their love for WWE every single day! Check out this gem;

1w2WfOU.png

i4us5cHIFhkdI.gif

Toki767

In 1995, the Diesel Era swept the nation.

20 years later, in 2015....The Roman Empire reigns.

We still have 3 weeks to get a random house show title win out of Roman.

Diesel won King of the Ring? Wasn't that just in his feud with Mabel or something?

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Wow, the WWE web team sure are fun & playful! They're totally topical and up-to-date with all these radical, kick-ass 'memes', just like the ones members of the WWE Universe™ are using to express their love for WWE every single day! Check out this gem;

1w2WfOU.png

jbdcYCWgDyhgU0.jpg

Fox318

1w2WfOU.png

i4us5cHIFhkdI.gif

Do they realize that the point of that meme is that he is shocked in disgust?

Honestly just make WWE:Babies like Muppet Babies and have it animated for 3 hours.

Vince can draw himself with Warrior type muscles with him and his fake son and his wife destroying everyone with Linda as President of the planet.

DMczaf

Diesel won King of the Ring? Wasn't that just in his feud with Mabel or something?

No. Diesel was a guest on Lawler's talk segment during a December 1994 Raw right after he won the WWF title at some random as fuck house show at MSG. I can't remember in which order it happened, but Diesel then proceeds to dump Lawler out of the ring, put on his crown and do smug poses to the camera as the new face of the New Generation.

How do you do, brotherjackduuudes?

http://www.wwe.com/classics/wcw/rare-unseen-wcw-photos
I got there by going to WCW.com

Do they realize that the point of that meme is that he is shocked in disgust?

Honestly just make WWE:Babies like Muppet Babies and have it animated for 3 hours.

Vince can draw himself with Warrior type muscles with him and his fake son and his wife destroying everyone with Linda as President of the planet.

I'm starting to think that WWE is three years or so behind in terms of general pop-culture. I was so surprised when they made ugly Christmas sweaters, because that's actually a legit thing that people are into in 2014. This is the same company that had Larry the Cable Guy, Grumpy Cat and released a "Keep Calm" shirt. In 2014.

Toki767

No. Diesel was a guest on Lawler's talk segment during a December 1994 Raw right after he won the WWF title at some random as fuck house show at MSG. I can't remember in which order it happened, but Diesel then proceeds to dump Lawler out of the ring, put on his crown and do smug poses to the camera as the new face of the New Generation.

Completely forgot Lawler had a talking segment. The only time I remember him doing an interview was when he presented Warrior with that awesome drawing.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
The amazing thing to me about Roman Reigns push is that he DOESNT fit Vince's ideals. He's not tall like Nash, he's not ripped like Luger, hes' not white like John Cena.

Hard times for Grand Wizard McMahon
Completely forgot Lawler had a talking segment. The only time I remember him doing an interview was when he presented Warrior with that awesome drawing.

Then you missed his great segment with Owen.

DMczaf

The amazing thing to me about Roman Reigns push is that he DOESNT fit Vince's ideals. He's not tall like Nash, he's not ripped like Luger, hes' not white like John Cena.

Hard times for Grand Wizard McMahon

Dude, he's Samoan. Vince fucking LOVES Samoans.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Well Samoas are the best Girl Scout cookies. Thin Mints ain't got shit on them, nor do Tagalongs.

Samoas 4 Life

Ithil

1w2WfOU.png

i4us5cHIFhkdI.gif

This meme is so dated that the teenage girl in it is now like 22.
Also now has a great ass

Top Bottom