• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

December Wrasslin' |OT| PUT A Z-PAK ON THE THREAD, PAL. YOU'RE WORKING TONIGHT

• Thread starter Deleted member 47027
  • Start date

Jamie OD

Dave Meltzer is going nuts over Charlotte's Raw debut on the latest Wrestling Observer radio. Says her getting squashed so quickly in her home town against her best opponent in a match that's supposed to promote NXT's big show was the dumbest decision he's ever seen in his life.

UberTag

Dave Meltzer is going nuts over Charlotte's Raw debut on the latest Wrestling Observer radio. Says her getting squashed so quickly in her home town against her best opponent in a match that's supposed to promote NXT's big show was the dumbest decision he's ever seen in his life.
So just your typical Vince McMahon decision, right? He's a genius promoter, everybody!

strobogo

Banned
Power goes out for about 3 hours and as I got my candles out and was reading a real book next to a real flame, I got bummed that the power came back on.

Also that I caught my book on fire and it caught my couch on fire and it got me on fire and I died.

Hey... Social Media guy has been on the phone, there's not enough promotion of Romain Reigns in your GAF posts. Remember to use the hashtag #SuperStaroftheYear ffs

Power goes out for about 3 hours and as I got my candles out and was reading a real book next to a real flame, I got bummed that the power came back on.

Also that I caught my book on fire and it caught my couch on fire and it got me on fire and I died.
What a swerve to introduce your new gimmick, Stroboghost

Hey... Social Media guy has been on the phone, there's not enough promotion of Romain Reigns in your GAF posts. Remember to use the hashtag #SuperStaroftheYear ffs

TmPco9C.jpg

#SuperStaroftheYear #RomanWho? #BasedTanahashi

strobogo

Banned
Okada is better than Tanahashi. Tanahashi has that terrible, terrible habit of having his leg worked on for a whole match and then running around and jumping to/off the top rope with no issues whatsoever.

Well, I'll give you that - Okada's pretty good at selling an injury (usually his rainmaker arm) even when offence. Tana probably does pop up far to quick when hitting the High Fly Flow after having his leg worked over, it's not as egregious as Naito, though. However, I'd say Tanahashi's performed to a higher standard this year than Okada, with more quality matches to his name.

UberTag

Okada is better than Tanahashi. Tanahashi has that terrible, terrible habit of having his leg worked on for a whole match and then running around and jumping to/off the top rope with no issues whatsoever.
We'll just have to correct this injustice by voting for Okada to win in the far more prestigious end-of-year WrassleGAF awards.

strobogo

Banned
Well, I'll give you that - Okada's pretty good at selling an injury (usually his rainmaker arm) even when offence. Tana probably does pop up far to quick when hitting the High Fly Flow after having his leg worked over, it's not as egregious as Naito, though. However, I'd say Tanahashi's performed to a higher standard this year than Okada, with more quality matches to his name.

Naito is a goofy, fish faced fuck head.

Based on the G1 (which is really all I've seen of NJ this year before the WTL), I think Okada was better than Tanahashi. I think AJ was better than Tanahashi, too. Not that Tanahashi didn't put out some great stuff during it.

AJ's had a great year, he's definitely up there - I feel like Okada was kinda coasting until the G1, while Tanahashi was having some great matches with Nakamura. Okada's defence against Goto was pretty average, but I enjoyed his matches with AJ.

Verendus

Banned
Friends, I have great news. There is a chance Brotista will grace us with his presence for Wrestlemania. The Bond shooting is long but that's mostly due to locations and so forth. He could be finished comfortably in time, especially if his part is small. This means our hope may not be in vain. A third Royal Rumble win.

I now balee dat.

strobogo

Banned
AJ's had a great year, he's definitely up there - I feel like Okada was kinda coasting until the G1, while Tanahashi was having some great matches with Nakamura. Okada's defence against Goto was pretty average, but I enjoyed his matches with AJ.

I would definitely put the blame on Goto, because he's pretty average.

Hasney

I'd slap the goddamn taste out of his mouth if I wouldn't get future endeavoured from this thread.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Also my favorite thing about Bam Bam Bigelow is that all his feuds seem to just be because Bam Bam suddenly decided he didn't like this particular guy on this particular day

Xater

The description of that match had me laughing and crying at the same time.

Recall

You could be gods gift to wrestling and WWE would still squander it and hope a fluke opportunity arises to shine beyond the bullshit.

Every time some good happens in WWE it is a fluke, never planned.

Heyman doco was entertaining. Most of it was covered in other stuff though, would have preferred more focus on his early life (stuff he talked about on SCSA podcast was great) and family.
The final word about experience hindering creative was great to listen to. WWE should take note of that.
So just your typical Vince McMahon decision, right? He's a genius promoter, everybody!

ibx1omudl0endtk5knc.gif

Friends.....how was Raw tonight?

Worth watching on Hulu?
ibypddqloyx0uvf3lid.gif

Alucard

Banned
Alucard, now is not a good time. Charlotte was just berried and Lawler presented the Diva of the year award.

Alucard, please.

the fuck are you doing bronson

Sorry, guys. Didn't know we were having a solemn moment.

So, when was. The last good Divas feud or match? Kaitlyn and AJ for feud? AJ and Natalya on Main Event for match?

The Divas are booked terribly and Vince thinks they should just be window dressing.

Hasney

Heyman doco was entertaining. Most of it was covered in other stuff though, would have preferred more focus on his early life (stuff he talked about on SCSA podcast was great) and family.
The final word about experience hindering creative was great to listen to. WWE should take note of that.

"Obtain" the DVD extra interviews from somewhere. They're as good as the documentary.

Everyone liked Hardy.

Damn right. Unless he means Matt. I think the girls still liked him through it all.

Hasney

Gaming side has been insanely cynical as fuck lately, not sure why. Games are meant to be fun!

Thanks for the heads up, I might even give the DVD/Blu Ray a rent to give them a run.

Just looked it up, I actually meant the blu-ray extras as that has more stuff than the DVD one. They actually cover the King/Heyman heat a lot more.

strobogo

Banned
If you think Yoshihiro Takayama looks weird as fuck now, you should see him in 1995 when he was skinny, in shape, had black hair, appears to be missing an ear, and looked like the weirdest human.

Alucard

Banned
Brought up how I enjoy pro-wrestling to this girl I'm seeing, one thing lead to another and we're watching RAW together next week.
She's cute and we get along really well, it's a shame it has to end

FOpxuu3.gif

Make sure you have New Japan World fired up on the side just in case.

I can see not wanting to put her over a WWE Diva but then it's probably best not to do it at all.

What a terrible showcase.

Xater

I can see not wanting to put her over a WWE Diva but then it's probably best not to do it at all.

What a terrible showcase.

Even if you don't let her win at least give them some time. Also let Charlotte be Charlotte. It sounds like they made her female Flair.

Hasney

By the sounds of it, it would have been better if they just did Flair Vs Lynch with Sasha at ringside and given them 15 minutes. Would have been a better promotion of R-Evolution.

Updated card for Final Gate;

Dragon Gate, "FINAL GATE", 2014.12.28
Fukuoka Kokusai Centre

. Open the Brave Gate Title: Flamita (c) vs Punch Tominaga
. Open the Triangle Gate Titles: Ryo 'Jimmy' Saito, Jimmy Susumu & Genki Horiguchi H.A.Gee.Mee!! (c) vs Masaaki Mochizuki, Dragon Kid & Big R Shimizu
. Open the Twin Gate Titles: T-Hawk & Eita (c) vs YAMATO & Cyber Kong
. Open the Dream Gate Title: BxB Hulk (c) vs Shingo Takagi

U-T returns from injury on the 12/21 show in Aichi, so he'll probably be on the undercard somewhere. Looking forward to pretty much all those title matches, although not sure how Flamita vs Punch will turn out.

Top Bottom