• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

December Wrasslin' |OT| PUT A Z-PAK ON THE THREAD, PAL. YOU'RE WORKING TONIGHT

• Thread starter Deleted member 47027
  • Start date

Vylash

nrBPudV.gif

P0f2F9R.gif

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Meltzer went nuts over the Charlotte match.

That whole match points to Hayes

I was watching this match and went, oh, cool, this match is pretty fun! Wonder how they are going to get out of pinning Flair WCW style in the heart of Flair country. Nattie can take an L, or maybe a weird Tyson Kidd DQ oh and then its over.

Browny

Banned
^^ Probably the only genuinely entertaining thing about WWE at the moment...

Just finished watching Devitt / Ibushi / Low Ki from WK7 during lunch - a rather awesome match. Low Ki did look quite boss in his suit.

In before someone posts LowKibeingcarriedofflikealittlebitch.jpg

joelseph

All Sandow does now is ape Miz, it's all one dimensional. Not sure how much longer the act will stay fresh. They need to play the other angles.

Fox318

I was watching this match and went, oh, cool, this match is pretty fun! Wonder how they are going to get out of pinning Flair WCW style in the heart of Flair country. Nattie can take an L, or maybe a weird Tyson Kidd DQ oh and then its over.
That arena was half empty.

Vince killed wrestling and replaced it with this shit that nobody wants.

I don't believe Roman won it legitimately.

I fell asleep before that point.

Was this also up for voting on the WWE app?

The whole thing is obviously bullshit. It's clear all of these awards are worked.

They wouldn't have had Reigns show up if he wasn't going to win.

All Sandow does now is ape Miz, it's all one dimensional. Not sure how much longer the act will stay fresh. They need to play the other angles.

I'd like to see them carry the belts till the Rumble but I do think they need to start pushing Sandow against Miz now.

All of the winners were too convenient, there was little consistency for what was voted and you could still vote while the presenters were opening the envelopes. You'll never convince me it was legit.

But who cares it's just the Slammys that they literally care about for one night a year and rarely mention again.

Vylash

i wouldn't say they're all worked, just superstar of the year, no real reason for them to rig the smaller ones

All of the winners were too convenient, there was little consistency for what was voted and you could still vote while the presenters were opening the envelopes. You'll never convince me it was legit.

But who cares it's just the Slammys that they literally care about for one night a year and rarely mention again.

i'd kill to see miz treating his slammy awards like he won the oscars

Raw64life

If I'm Sandow I'm praying this goes on for as long as possible because you know he isn't going anywhere after the breakup and feud with Miz.

Hasney

Owen-With-2-Slammys-Gif.gif

Fox318

Better yet why not have this vote on the app for a week?

East coast only vote.

FyreWulff

Dave Meltzer is going nuts over Charlotte's Raw debut on the latest Wrestling Observer radio. Says her getting squashed so quickly in her home town against her best opponent in a match that's supposed to promote NXT's big show was the dumbest decision he's ever seen in his life.

Sounds like Vince just couldn't resist doing his wrestler hometown bury, huh?

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Might order Dragon Gate. Sounding pretty alright. There's just so much to watch.

Nominations for all the WrassleGAF Awards (Nominations, please don't be a person who goes "but I voted!" when you nominated) will be ready hopefully the day after NXT Takeover and will be open for a few days. If you miss it no big.

The actual voting will be after I compile the nominees.

My point is that they haven't cared since they revived the Slammys in like '08 or whatever it was. I get they used to care, but they used to care about booking a good television show too.

No one really cared pre or post Owen. The only reason a Slammy means *anything* is because of Owen, imho. He put the award over more than anybody else.

They have a great opportunity with The Miz to do something cool with them, given his current character and who actually won the award. Hopefully they do.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
No one really cared pre or post Owen. The only reason a Slammy means *anything* is because of Owen, imho. He put the award over more than anybody else.

They have a great opportunity with The Miz to do something cool with them, given his current character and who actually won the award. Hopefully they do.

I agree, Owen really brought prestige and meaning tot he Slammys. Punk tried to rekindle that when he was in the SES but it didn't really work out. Good times while it lasted though.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Might order Dragon Gate. Sounding pretty alright. There's just so much to watch.

Nominations for all the WrassleGAF Awards (Nominations, please don't be a person who goes "but I voted!" when you nominated) will be ready hopefully the day after NXT Takeover and will be open for a few days. If you miss it no big.

The actual voting will be after I compile the nominees.

Dragon Gate is the only Japanese fed I like these days.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Dragon Gate is the only Japanese fed I like these days.

Why? Young folks? I like their vigor. They have a great roster that do good work. Usually and almost always an enjoyable watch.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Why? Young folks? I like their vigor. They have a great roster that do good work. Usually and almost always an enjoyable watch.

Yep, it's mainly based on them always going all out. Plus the pedigree of the product as I'm a huge Ultimo Dragon mark.

It's like Lucha if Lucha was good.

Hasney

He already did his Slammy schtik when he was with Morrison and it was pretty good.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Yep, it's mainly based on them always going all out. Plus the pedigree of the product as I'm a huge Ultimo Dragon mark.

It's like Lucha if Lucha was good.

Don't badmouth Lucha :(

IFIYxty.png

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I wish Lucha was good! But it's more ballet than wrassling. Dragon's Gate has that flippy shit but in the context of an actual (worked) struggle.

Tokyo Sports announced their yearly awards - the 2014 MVP is, unsurprisingly, Hiroshi Tanahashi;

Ofm1som.jpg

Okada vs Nakamura from the G1 Finals was voted match of the year, with 5 of the 7 matches nominated coming from New Japan. BxB Hulk of Dragon Gate won Technician of the Year, however, with AJ Styles coming in second place. Dangan Yankees were voted Tag Team of the Year, while Atsushi Onita was given the Fighting Spirit award. Tomohiro Ishii was given the Distinguished Service award while Rookie of the Year went to DDT's Saki Akai (pictured above with Tanahashi). Lastly, two Lifetime Achievement awards were given out to Akira Taue & Kensuke Sasaki who both retired within the last year.

What a glorious picture. Physique is fantastic as well. Should a been Ishii though.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
AJ was the best wrassler in Japan this year. None of my wrassling weaboo friends will admit it though. The man was a breath of fresh air and in the vast majority of the best matches over there this year.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
AJ was the best wrassler in Japan this year. None of my wrassling weaboo friends will admit it though. The man was a breath of fresh air and in the vast majority of the best matches over there this year.

I agree, but at the same time, I kind of feel like that's unfair because he did have all these new matchups, every single one was fresh - it's not Tanahashi's fault he's wrestled everyone, yknow. But it's a very contentious category. Many people did the best work of their lives this year.

Fox318

Aj is also the most popular serial killer.

142 people died this year from the clash

Man God

Non-Canon Member
He needs a new finisher, the move is dumb looking and while it's not his fault that those people were injured the move has seriously injured a bunch of people.

But mainly, it's dumb looking.

Ithil

If AJ stands for Tomohiro Ishii (dyslexia?), sure.

AJ was awesome in the G1 and had some great matches with Okada & Tanahashi outside of the tournament, so he's definitely up there. Ishii had a hell of a lot of great matches as well, though. I think Tanahashi got the MVP award because he continues to be 'The Man' for New Japan and the award generally goes to a top guy in the promotion. Styles was up for the Technician of the Year award though, surprised he didn't win over Hulk to be honest.

Anywho, love Shibata in this photo, he looks so pleased with himself;

iHHpZJD.jpg

Also, he insisted they donate their winnings to an earthquake relief charity, so you know he's a big softy at heart. Who kicks men's faces off.

IqhyFWF.gif

Browny

Banned
A thumbs up from a surgical nurse for AJ Styles winning the Japanese Health Care Wrestler of the Year award and keeping her employed.

"Doctor thumbs up" has some beauties... But yeah, AJ - drop the Clash. Bring back the Spiral Tap, if anything...

Top Bottom