• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

December Wrasslin' |OT| PUT A Z-PAK ON THE THREAD, PAL. YOU'RE WORKING TONIGHT

• Thread starter Deleted member 47027
  • Start date

strobogo

Banned
The Slammy Awards have never been important. They've literally been a joke since their inception. Slammys don't matter and never have. They are joke awards for a fake sport. It'd be no different than The Simpsons doing an awards show episode.

Hasney

The Slammy Awards have never been important. They've literally been a joke since their inception. Slammys don't matter and never have. They are joke awards for a fake sport. It'd be no different than The Simpsons doing an awards show episode.

Exactly. Or the Oscars.

Hasney

Anybody got any more workout DVD gifs? Can't believe Veronica went mainstream.

mr-motivator-o.gif

mr-motivator-o.gif

Awesome, just saw Act Yasukawa returned to the ring a couple of days ago at a STARDOM show after six months on the shelf for cataract surgery and other health-related issues. Sounds like everything was a complete success and, as such, she's wrestling without the eye-patch now.

Hasney

Heh, didn't know about the Troops thing just being on home soil for a while. I'm usually busy around the time they're on and nothing of significance happens anyway, so I was just going by the arena in the WWE games.

That's sucks. They should at least hold them at a military base if the goal is to thank the troops. Fort Bragg, Camp Pendleton, Camp Lejeune, Norfolk, San Diego are prime spots to get great attendance.

NXT being in Orlando could easily go to Tampa and get some hyped troops (course they probably wouldn't know most of the stars).

That's sucks. They should at least hold them at a military base if the goal is to thank the troops. Fort Bragg, Camp Pendleton, Camp Lejeune, Norfolk, San Diego are prime spots to get great attendance.

NXT being in Orlando could easily go to Tampa and get some hyped troops (course they probably wouldn't know most of the stars).

Cost cutting. They made no money from these shows besides the TV money, so they probably figured they'll just do it at the Smackdown taping this year to save money.

Awesome, just saw Act Yasukawa returned to the ring a couple of days ago at a STARDOM show after six months on the shelf for cataract surgery and other health-related issues. Sounds like everything was a complete success and, as such, she's wrestling without the eye-patch now.

Aww, the eyepatch was cool!

I've never actually seen her wrestle. Is STARDOM easy to follow?

jred2k

I really can't wait to see what friend Heel has to say about the Destiny DLC. I'm pretty sure he is happy he got rid of the game last week.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Aww, the eyepatch was cool!

I've never actually seen her wrestle. Is STARDOM easy to follow?

Yeah, I'd say it is.

It's weird and disjointed though - some shows look very good and some others look like dogshit. Not quality-wise, but venue/camera-wise.

Still, lots of fun stuff in STARDOM.

I have a pretty cool review coming up. And a new sponsor!

New sponsor? No more Takis?!

I wish I could get rid of Destiny. And by 'get rid', I mean 'take a shit in the case and mail it to Bungie', but alas, I bought the digital version. Fuck you, Bungie, for making me hate myself and my awful decision.

Is STARDOM easy to follow?

It's the easiest to follow of all the joshi promotions in 2014...which isn't saying much. We usually get at least one show a month, just keep an eye on dailymotion - here's the last show released (matches are in reverse order, for some reason);

http://www.dailymotion.com/playlist/x3hdke_JAHMAL1111_stardom-11-3-14/1#video=x2af6pi

strobogo

Banned
Yeah, I'd say it is.

It's weird and disjointed though - some shows look very good and some others look like dogshit. Not quality-wise, but venue/camera-wise.

Still, lots of fun stuff in STARDOM.

New sponsor? No more Takis?!

Look, I'm signing a lot of deals. I gotta get that chingle chingle, boss.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I wish I could get rid of Destiny. And by 'get rid', I mean 'take a shit in the case and mail it to Bungie', but alas, I bought the digital version. Fuck you, Bungie, for making me hate myself and my awful decision.

My regrets mirror yours. I still can't find it in my heart to delete it from my hard drive, even though I'm pretty sure I'm done with it. I'm plenty content with D4, DA:I, and Sunset Overdrive on my normal Bone rotation.

On and Killer Instinct Season 2 is dope because you can play as a mummy. I've always loved mummies.

Hasney

The only games I've deleted so far have been sports games and Destiny (and I wouldn't have deleted NBA 2k15 if it wasn't the biggest thing on my HD at the time).

I really need to upgrade that PS4 hard drive soon.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I keep Black Flag on my bone due to how good Freedom Cry was. I want to go back and finish all those achievements for it. LOVED the piss out of Freedom Cry.

Hasney

I keep Black Flag on my bone due to how good Freedom Cry was. I want to go back and finish all those achievements for it. LOVED the piss out of Freedom Cry.

I'm the same way and I even really dislike most of the previous AC games. It's there ready for me to get the last of the collectables when I have some downtime with other games.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I was on the road last night and the football game sucked so I watched almost all of RAW for the second straight week. It was...weird. Not good, but not unenjoyable.

People Power showed up, for one thing.

jmdajr

I was surprised how much I liked Black Flag. Wasn't too thrilled when it came in the mail from gamefly but it was infinitely better than Knack.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I was on the road last night and the football game sucked so I watched almost all of RAW for the second straight week. It was...weird. Not good, but not unenjoyable.

People Power showed up, for one thing.

I love Johnny Ace in that role. Hate him for a lot of other things, but he's gold on the screen.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Shit I Still Have To Finish This Year:

Wasteland 2
Divinity: Original Sin
Alien: Isolation (may not bother, turning into a heck of a slog)
Dead State (if it's safe to do so, they keep patching "savegames breaking" issues)

I did play through Ep 1 of the new Game of Thrones Telltale game and it was alright. I'm pretty tired of TT's shit, and have no interest in Walking Dead, but Wolf Among Us was dope and this is dope too. I liked it.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I love Johnny Ace in that role. Hate him for a lot of other things, but he's gold on the screen.

Likely the best GM Raw ever had, or at the very least the best one since Bischoff. People got sick of him quick because the product sucked at the time but that goofy ass voice he had justs works. The scooter was brilliant.

Plus I got a kick out of HHH knocking his Iron Clad Big Show contract this time last year. It still makes me chuckle thinking about it.

Xater

Shit I Still Have To Finish This Year:

Wasteland 2
Divinity: Original Sin
Alien: Isolation (may not bother, turning into a heck of a slog)
Dead State (if it's safe to do so, they keep patching "savegames breaking" issues)

I did play through Ep 1 of the new Game of Thrones Telltale game and it was alright. I'm pretty tired of TT's shit, and have no interest in Walking Dead, but Wolf Among Us was dope and this is dope too. I liked it.

Wasteland 2 is fantastic. I liked that more than Divinity.

RP912

Banned
Big Johnny in 2015= WWE's stock market reaching the moon.

People power is well missed and needed to fight the NJPW regime and thousandnare Jeffrey.

You think NJPW/GFW are defenceless against Big Johnny's People Power? Remember, they have the Tharpe-des;

ivVmEcy7XgGQg.gif

If Ubisoft were smart, they'd take the sailing and pirating of AC4, remove all the assassin story bullshit, add a robust trading economy and make it a free-roaming pirate sim. But they aren't, so they'll just continue to rehash the same shitty assassin game.

strobogo

Banned
LEGITSHOOK.COM PRESENTS

NJPW vs UWF International ALL OUT WAR 10/9/95

Brought to you by One Wipe Charlies

• Yuji Nagata/Tokimitsu Ishizawa (NJPW) vs Hiromitsu Kanehara/Kazushi Sakuraba (UWFI)
  • Shinjiro Otani (NJPW) vs Kenichi Yamamoto (UWFI)
  • Takashi Iizuka (NJPW) vs Yoshihiro Takayama (UWFI)
  • Jushin Liger (NJPW) vs Naoki Sano (UWFI)
  • Riki Choshu (NJPW) vs Yoji Anjo (UWFI)
  • Kensuke Sasaki (NJPW) vs Masahito Kakihara (UWFI)
  • Shinya Hashimoto (NJPW) vs Tatsuo Nakano (UWFI)
  • Keiji Mutoh (NJPW) vs Nobuhiko Takada (UWFI) IWGP Heavyweight Championship

Do you like pro wrestling? Do you like MMA? Do you like inter-promotional shows? Do you like guys getting kicked in the head? Do you like guys getting dropped on the head? Do you like an average match length time of just under 8 minutes? Then this is the perfect show for you.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
If Ubisoft were smart, they'd take the sailing and pirating of AC4, remove all the assassin story bullshit, add a robust trading economy and make it a free-roaming pirate sim. But they aren't, so they'll just continue to rehash the same shitty assassin game.

I don't want a 3d East India Trading Company!

What in the ever-loving fuck is an alien doing in a grappling ring

Top Bottom