• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

December Wrasslin' |OT| PUT A Z-PAK ON THE THREAD, PAL. YOU'RE WORKING TONIGHT

• Thread starter Deleted member 47027
  • Start date

jmdajr

• He works hard
  • Doesn't cheat to win
  • Wrestles for his people and his country
  • fights through injury wrestle

How is he a heel again?

Because Russia.

On a serious note I hope Rusev stays undefeated until he becomes WWE champion.

Also, I think he should do a program with The Rock at Mania. That be huuuge for him. Even if it ends in bullshit DQ.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Yeah, she's super green. Sucked seeing Mia Yim job to her, Mia's ridiculously good compared to the vast majority of the divas.

If she had a good match with Mia, everyone on here would credit Charlotte for the match quality. If Charlotte had a good match with 90s Misawa, it would be because of Charlotte apparently.

Toki767

Rusev also constantly overcomes the odds. He's like an underdog heel for some reason. Getting booked in battle royales to defend his title, beating people like Big Show and Mark Henry clean, etc...

It's really quite ridiculous the way they book him. And it'll be sad when Cena beats him at Mania.

Also funny listening to Meltzer and Alvarez talk about the Slammys last night. They don't question fan voting on anything except for Roman Reigns winning.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
This is the same company that booked Hassan as a heel because he didn't want to be labeled as a terrorist. And you know what? The fans were just as much to blame for it.

strobogo

Banned
He's a heel because dudes are jelly of his hot blond girlfriend and girls are jelly they don't have a set of gams, hams, or yams like her.

jmdajr

Rusev also constantly overcomes the odds. He's like an underdog heel for some reason. Getting booked in battle royales to defend his title, beating people like Big Show and Mark Henry clean, etc...

It's really quite ridiculous the way they book him. And it'll be sad when Cena beats him at Mania.

Also funny listening to Meltzer and Alvarez talk about the Slammys last night. They don't question fan voting on anything except for Roman Reigns winning.

Well what is there to question for the rest? Tons of casuals vote. They snub HEELs and shit they can't remember.

I wish I could see the percentages for superstar of the year. Hell Dean Ambrose beat Rollins in breakout star of the year on wwe.com. Makes me think more Hardcore fans voted online

l2C1bnH.jpg

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Someone should make a gif or something of all the Cena feuds so you can see how the roster frequently changes around Cena, but Cena's still that same mailboxhead, baseball cap wearing dude that holds his hand in front of his face.

tm24

Aero Star is pretty cool;

G6TX7Z4.gif

Hope Guerra de Titanes shows up online somewhere, I wanna watch that mask vs mask match.

Yep, should show up soon. Heard nothing but great things about the mask match. Heard it was MOTYC type stuff and might even be better than Cavenario/Cometa

This is the same company that booked Hassan as a heel because he didn't want to be labeled as a terrorist. And you know what? The fans were just as much to blame for it.

Exactly. What did Hassan do? Not want to be persecuted.

What did Rusev do? Work hard and be a hero to Russia.

Lana's the real problem! That booty is the true heel

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Dat female fan vote.

I guess people didn't feel he got a good enough pop last night but also certainly didn't get booos. This will not be D. Bry case all over again, although I would love Reigns to swerve and come back as a HEEL.

He pretty much needs to be a heel to ever really get over as a champ. Big Sexay proved just how awful someone that big and limited is when wrestling as a face. You just can't bo-lieve a guy like that is in peril 90% of the time.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I always assumed Rusev didn't speak/understand English thus the need for Lana, and so if they ever wanted to turn him heel, he could have said he had no idea what his manager was saying. That he was just competing for the sake of competing.

But I think WWE made it clear he does understand English.
He pretty much needs to be a heel to ever really get over as a champ. Big Sexay proved just how awful someone that big and limited is when wrestling as a face. You just can't bo-lieve a guy like that is in peril 90% of the time.

But he's not even that big.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Yep, should show up soon. Heard nothing but great things about the mask match. Heard it was MOTYC type stuff and might even be better than Cavenario/Cometa

I'll have to watch. Cavernario/Cometa is one of the best matches of the year.

I honestly think our MOTY voting is going to be rough because people aren't going to actually watch them all, but I'm really hoping people do before voting. MOTY is so important to me!

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I always assumed Rusev didn't speak/understand English thus the need for Lana, and so if they ever wanted to turn him heel, he could have said he had no idea what his manager was saying. That he was just competing for the sake of competing.

But I think WWE made it clear he does understand English.

He's a hired gun but besides a bit during his introduction rarely cheats, doesn't beat people until he gets dq'd/punch refs. Hell besides that bit with a soldier awhile back he's been pretty much a face in the ring.

But he's not even that big.

Quit ruining my narrative!

Heel

I empathize with the gift givers of my childhood. $30 for a Venom action figure? I hope my nephew likes Brodus Clay.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Goddamn, wreddit is dumb. Very few good wrestling forums out there, thankfully WrassleGAF is one of the few.

We can get back to the lower rungs if you like with one simple sentence.

"So, how do you guys think CM Punk is going to do in the Ultimate?"

Man God

Non-Canon Member
The Miz is actually the most profitable "Hollywood" star they have, bolieve it or not. Every project he has been in has turned a profit.

strobogo

Banned
Goddamn, wreddit is dumb. Very few good wrestling forums out there, thankfully WrassleGAF is one of the few.

Idk. Anyone someone sells something, this thread lights up with people thinking they're really injured. And any line that has any oopmh, people think someone is shooting. The smartest fans are the absolute easiest to work.

All worth it in Vince's eyes if the big movers & shakers in entertainment one day see him as more than a carny-ass wrestling promoter.

We can get back to the lower rungs if you like with one simple sentence.

"So, how do you guys think CM Punk is going to do in the Ultimate?"

God, please no. Not again. Also, Punk will do as well as Dana wants him to.
Because it's a work

Idk. Anyone someone sells something, this thread lights up with people thinking they're really injured.

It's the opposite for the NJPW crowd. "Wow, Ishii's great at selling!" (Ishii's actually separated his shoulder and has a concussion).

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Idk. Anyone someone sells something, this thread lights up with people thinking they're really injured. And any line that has any oopmh, people think someone is shooting. The smartest fans are the absolute easiest to work.

HOLY SHIT. STRO IS SHOOTING HERE FRIENDS. BRINGING THAT ETHER THAT BURNS THE SOUL DEEP.

It's going to break peoples hearts in this OT, but there are people who like Roman Reigns. And he certainly makes a stronger case than Daniel Bryan by being in more recent memory than Mr Brie Bella.

baleedat

I think very highly of a one Mr. Reigns. Dude's badass and has IT. I just think he isn't very charismatic and it doesn't help being constantly told how badass he is from the un-coolest person in existence in Michael Cole.

And you're kidding yourself if you don't think the votes are a little swayed.

strobogo

Banned
I empathize with the gift givers of my childhood. $30 for a Venom action figure? I hope my nephew likes Brodus Clay.

Nah, shit was different then. You could get a Hasbro Razor Ramon for $5. Now, the "basic" line of WWE toys are like $12. Shit is bonkers. I blame Obama.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Declare your positions on Roman Reigns.

I'm on the Roman War Wagon, supporting the Holy Roman Empire. He does have IT. I have faith he'll connect with fans (that he's already doing) and give us enjoyable matches, 5 star feuds.

Top Bottom