• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

December Wrasslin' |OT| PUT A Z-PAK ON THE THREAD, PAL. YOU'RE WORKING TONIGHT

• Thread starter Deleted member 47027
  • Start date

Toki767

I think very highly of a one Mr. Reigns. Dude's badass and has IT. I just think he isn't very charismatic and it doesn't help being constantly told how badass he from the un-coolest person in existence in Michael Cole.

And you're kidding yourself if you don't think the votes are a little swayed.

Which is funny because everyone says that when he's allowed to be himself, he's very charismatic and is pretty funny.

He does have IT. I have faith he'll connect with fans (that he's already doing) and give us enjoyable matches, 5 star feuds.

Agree with the first part, disagree with the second. He has all the tools, as JR would put it, but there's going to be nothing organic about his ascendency - it'll be just as forced as Cena and, unless he magically taps into some awesome wrestling ability over the next few years, his matches will be just as shitty. Maybe even more-so. Beleedat *cocks fist*.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Agree with the first part, disagree with the second. He has all the tools, as JR would put it, but there's going to be nothing organic about his ascendency - it'll be just as forced as Cena and, unless he magically taps into some awesome wrestling ability over the next few years, his matches will be just as shitty. Maybe even more-so. Beleedat *fist cock*.

Whether it's organic or forced, a fan is a fan (that buys merch) - I don't know if that's really so bad.

Hell, he got Pop-GAF to watch Raw. And he IS beautiful.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Declare your positions on Roman Reigns.

I'm on the Roman War Wagon, supporting the Holy Roman Empire. He does have IT. I have faith he'll connect with fans (that he's already doing) and give us enjoyable matches, 5 star feuds.

I'm usually optimistic and the dude is better at wrestling at this stage in his career than the last few people the WWE tried to strap the rocket to from John Cena on but I do think they are going to fuck it up and the fan base will turn on him when he squashes D-Bry or even Ziggler.

I do think that there is a plan in place to push Ziggles right now but like how they did Bryan last year they are going to be too subtle about it.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I was going to post my opinion about Roman Reigns but then I stumbled across a hilarious non-wrestling deviantart account via google image search.

I don't think WWE is going to know how to book Roman Reigns correctly, and therefore it won't take. I also don't think he's prepared for the role, nor has the talent to overcome any hurdles that come his way.

I could be way off, but that's how I see it. I think he'll be a star for sure, just not thinking he'll go as high as they think he will. I've never hated the guy, but his booking has been ridiculous at points.

Fox318

I don't think WWE is going to know how to book Roman Reigns correctly, and therefore it won't take. I also don't think he's prepared for the role, nor has the talent to overcome any hurdles that come his way.

I could be way off, but that's how I see it. I think he'll be a star for sure, just not thinking he'll go as high as they think he will. I've never hated the guy, but his booking has been ridiculous at points.

The only thing that Roman Reigns has done that's been interesting was appear in the PowerBombCast

jmdajr

Reigns need to do what Rock did. Once Rock got hot he swerved everyone and became an even bigger heel. The corporate Champion. It was a great move. I say they do it again.

Vince please listen.

I'm on the Roman War Wagon, supporting the Holy Roman Empire. He does have IT. I have faith he'll connect with fans (that he's already doing) and give us enjoyable matches, 5 star feuds.

At the moment he's Rocky Miavia. He's trying to be something he's not.

He's going to get the Cena booking. Win everything and made to look strong in everything. He's going to get over by force.

Remember to make Roman look real strong

I'll just say I'm intrigued to watch how his rocket strapped rise to the top will take form, the next terrifying level of a manufactured forced down your throat star? or turning out to be a pleasant surprise that takes form on his own merits? possibly a bit of both, maybe it will completely derail for that matter.
At this point Reigns would at least something new at the top of the card so I don't think I can board the hate train until at least a few months after his seemingly inevitable rise to the top of the mountain when the commentary team parroting various forms of grandiose praise every monday night finally breaks me.

Basically I'm up for watching his spear based ascension until I tire of it based upon WWE's handling of it, just a matter of when I guess.

Heel

Nah, shit was different then. You could get a Hasbro Razor Ramon for $5. Now, the "basic" line of WWE toys are like $12. Shit is bonkers. I blame Obama.

Marvel is just on some bullshit I suppose. Gonna hit the swap meet and look for "Vinam."

Toki767

I'm pretty sure WWE massively misunderstood the crowd getting behind Reigns at the Rumble in January. They didn't really get behind him because they liked him. They got behind him because Bryan wasn't in the match and they didn't want to see Batista win.

The crowd would have chanted for anyone else that was left in the ring with Batista that night.

KsRN1aE.jpg

So much fail.

I honestly hope the voting was rigged, because if Roman truly won the popular vote, there's nothing that's going to stop WWE pushing him to the moon. I think he's got great potential, but I'd rather see him start making good on it before he gets the main event push. Pushing someone too much too soon can really sabotage truly good talent.

Striker

They're going to run out of heels Cena and Reigns to run through. Once Reigns beats Lesnar at Mania and Lesnar (likely) leaves, who else is there to combat these superfaces?

Hasney

Dull, but he appeals to the current audience Dude has physical charisma like Jeff Hardy and John Morrison, 2 other people who didn't have mic skills, but he's not exciting in the ring like those 2.

I wish they'd give guys a chance to go unscripted. because some guys are better with it but it will never happen as Vince would hate to lose that control. I think Reigns might be a better talker if he wasn't trying to remember his lines and just reacting to situations. Then all he really has to do is tighten up the fundamentals as the Superman punch and Spear pop the crowd and he'll do well as one of those main eventers that is of no interest to me, but will at least have lasting power with their main audience.

I'm not a fan of Roman. There are other guys on the roster that have paid more dues and have more talent that should be getting his push. He needs to spend 5 years in midcard hell getting better at everything before I could see him as a main eventer.

Thankfully WWE writing is terrible and Reigns is going to fail because they jam everything down the fans throats. This like anything else will backfire.

I just don't see what everyone here sees. He is mediocre in the ring, terrible on the mic, and needs a few cycles of Cena juice to get pumped up.

strobogo

Banned
The thing I worry about with Roman is that, although he's better now than Cena was in 2005, Cena had much better talent to work against and get better with. Roman won't get programs with Angle, Taker, HBK, Jericho when Jericho wasn't terrible, HHH (maybe), and so on.

WWE is going to have to depend on...I guess Rollins to make sure Roman improves in the ring. Although even with all that talent to work with, Cena didn't really improve THAT much from 2005 to today. Which is crazy.

jmdajr

I honestly hope the voting was rigged, because if Roman truly won the popular vote, there's nothing that's going to stop WWE pushing him to the moon. I think he's got great potential, but I'd rather see him start making good on it before he gets the main event push. Pushing someone too much too soon can really sabotage truly good talent.

What percentage I wonder. Was it a mandate?

jmdajr

The thing I worry about with Roman is that, although he's better now than Cena was in 2005, Cena had much better talent to work against and get better with. Roman won't get programs with Angle, Taker, HBK, Jericho when Jericho wasn't terrible, HHH (maybe), and so on.

WWE is going to have to depend on...I guess Rollins to make sure Roman improves in the ring. Although even with all that talent to work with, Cena didn't really improve THAT much from 2005 to today. Which is crazy.

But if you make Roman HEEL....

Was there anyone other than Roman who could viably be superstar of the year? DB, but he won it last year.

The Smackdown Six turned into the Raw One, and here's the next one. The roster sucks, and the shows suck.

Sokantish

Was there anyone other than Roman who could viably be superstar of the year? DB, but he won it last year.

The Smackdown Six turned into the Raw One, and here's the next one. The roster sucks, and the shows suck.

Yeah I would say that Brock Lesnar, Dean Ambrose, John Cena, Seth Rollins, Daniel Bryan, and Bray Wyatt had a better year than Roman Reigns

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I really did think Seth-kun was the best of WWE's top tier talents. It would go to Rusev but being realistic, he wouldn't get it.

Then again I do love Ambrose now...

EDIT: Shit, and Harper...and Bray Wyatt....fuck

Ithil

And also, the crowds of today after 10 years of Cena are not remotely adverse to booing the WWE's "chosen guy". Cena was at least established as the top guy and had been super over as a midcarder for ages before that before crowds started turning on him en masse.

Cagey

Banned

Look at me, look at me.

I'm the captain of the Roman War Wagon.

Reigns need to do what Rock did. Once Rock got hot he swerved everyone and became an even bigger heel. The corporate Champion. It was a great move. I say they do it again.

Vince please listen.

Agreed. Reigns winning the belt and turning corporate cockbag heel would be glorious.

jmdajr

Yeah I would say that Brock Lesnar, Dean Ambrose, John Cena, Seth Rollins, Daniel Bryan, and Bray Wyatt had a better year than Roman Reigns

Brock- Beat the streak, murdered Cena
Ambrose- Um... he's been Cool?
Cena- Champ again. Yay.
D Brya.- Did the unthinkable.
Seth- Money in the bank winner.
Wyatt-Program with Cena,Jerciho...cool heel???
Reigns- baby doll beleetdat

Top Bottom