• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

December Wrasslin' |OT| PUT A Z-PAK ON THE THREAD, PAL. YOU'RE WORKING TONIGHT

• Thread starter Deleted member 47027
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
On top of that, don't take this shit so personally. It's just wrestling. We've got options and we enjoy them. Wanna go watch New Japan? Let's go. Lucha Underground time that actually gives us something radically different? We eatin'. But let's not fool ourselves, John Cena has helped keep wrestling alive in America to a huge degree. He wasn't just 'conveniently there when business was down' - he's keeping it alive.

And that's not something to get angry about.

Son, you don't want to go there. You need to know when to hold 'em, and when to fold 'em, and when to walk away. I think it is best if you run away from this fight, friend.

I know who Heel is; he's a man I used to respect. I saw him KO that guy that one time. No idea who the person is who comes in here as Sunflower's little lapdog. Sunflower is talking shit and I'm not afraid to stand up and say it.

Brass rings for all.

A person giving you their opinion on an internet discussion board? Take it or leave it, but it's too glaring to ignore at this point. What's your beef?

I have no beef, not sure why you think I do - which I guess is the beef. Beefception. Sunflower's opinion is something I don't agree with, I explained why and you took offense with that. I found that odd.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I'm going to my weekly bloodletting session so I can be healthy again. So I'll leave yall with this.
x2VLMYm.png

strobogo

Banned
Harley wouldn't have dropped the belt to some talentless schmuck like Cena.

Idk, he dropped the title to Tommy Rich. Do you think Cena gets as FIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD UP as Rich?

jmdajr

I guess there have not been too many 'WOW, CENA WINS." Moments.

Him beating JBL was pretty damn zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

But Cena losing has been relatively big. D.Bry, Punk, even Edge. Those were big wins.

Toki767

It was an event when he won the intercontinental title.

It was memorable when he won both titles the first time.

I don't even remember Cena winning his first title even though I know it was against JBL. It just didn't feel memorable at all.

Though his US title win against the Big Show was kind of memorable in that it was the first time he gave him the FU and it was really impressive back then.

strobogo

Banned
That is not how WWE is going to treat it, they are going to treat it as Cena is now the greatest "Wrestler of all time"

And I will throw up.

Lol. Breh you're getting so worked up over fake accomplishments of a fake sport. Who gives a shit what they call him? Do you know how many guys have been promoted as the "greatest wrestler of all time"? A whole fucking lot. When Cena's done, the next guy will be called the greatest of all time. That's how shit works and has always worked. I would say just about any face who was WWE champion for more than 3 months or multiple times had "greatest of all time" bandied about at some point by Gorilla, Vince, or JR.

Ithil

On top of that, don't take this shit so personally. It's just wrestling. We've got options and we enjoy them. Wanna go watch New Japan? Let's go. Lucha Underground time that actually gives us something radically different? We eatin'. But let's not fool ourselves, John Cena has helped keep wrestling alive in America to a huge degree. He wasn't just 'conveniently there when business was down' - he's keeping it alive.

And that's not something to get angry about.

I'd argue he's actively held it back by the way he is presented and protected. The WWE is actually alive because of its public trading, corporate deals, sponsorship and inflation.

Not sure why people get so upset about Cena in 2014. Dude ain't going nowhere, and nor should he, until someone can take over. You can argue someone could be given the opportunity but cutting off Cena to do it would be plain stupid.

Lol. Breh you're getting so worked up over fake accomplishments of a fake sport. Who gives a shit what they call him? Do you know how many guys have been promoted as the "greatest wrestler of all time"? A whole fucking lot. When Cena's done, the next guy will be called the greatest of all time. That's how shit works and has always worked. I would say just about any face who was WWE champion for more than 3 months or multiple times had "greatest of all time" bandied about at some point by Gorilla, Vince, or JR.

You are right. I am sorry. I was legit pissed right now. Like red face and all.

I am calming down, it just bothers me that Cena would be mentioned with any word like all time.

As a shirt hawker yes number one.

Anything ring related, and I am not sure he cracks the top 250 list.

Im done no more bashing. His career really mad eme upset with the way he tore people down, and made no one.

Sephzilla

Not sure why people get so upset about Cena in 2014. Dude ain't going nowhere, and nor should he, until someone can take over. You can argue someone could be given the opportunity but cutting off Cena to do it would be plain stupid.

That's
partially
how it happened when they finally cut off from Hogan

DMczaf

When Meltzer described the WWE as a giant hammer hitting people's fingers while they try to grasp the Brass Ring, I laughed. Then I sadfaced.

Heel

I have no beef, not sure why you think I do - which I guess is the beef. Beefception. Sunflower's opinion is something I don't agree with, I explained why and you took offense with that. I found that odd.

Maybe it's just a bad sample size, but to me it seems like you're on a personal crusade against his opinion.

That's
partially
how it happened when they finally cut off from Hogan

I know, and it put them in a bad place financially. They needed to replace Hogan for sure because he was trending downward but it's not the same case with Cena. Cena needs to be replaced because he's breaking down and getting older, not because he's drawing less and less.

Yeah. Remember TLC last year when they said Orton was an 11 or 12 time champion and everyone was like....for real?

So like once a year? I can't remember at all! I guess the general feeling is no one cares, as it should be. It's not how many titles you had, it's what happened to the business while you were THE GUY.

That's why Flair is better. He elevated wrestling from this little side attractions into THE Attraction.
John Cena has helped create a sense of boredom and predictability to our rather predictable 'sport'. No idea if revenue and gates are down, but he's not really propelled WWE to the 'next level', has he? He's created this safety blanket environment where if things wobble even a little it all reverts back to John Cena.

Maybe it's just a bad sample size, but to me it seems like you're on a personal crusade against his opinion.

Just this Cena one, as far as I'm aware. What other stuff have I aired recently? Or are you buying into me thinking Sunflower is a Bully/Racist/Bigot?

I never really liked Ric Flair. It's like, he's proficient of course and you can respect his dedication, but he always came across as a megacreep, even when he was face. Even moreso than Lawler, and Lawler is really creepy.

Gonzalez

Banned
Remember the vibrator in Seth Rollins Money In The Bank briefcase? That should have been nominated for LOL Moment of The Year.

The Slammy Awards were absolute bullshit this year.

Ithil

When Meltzer described the WWE as a giant hammer hitting people's fingers while they try to grasp the Brass Ring, I laughed. Then I sadfaced.

I'm just gonna post the whole thing

That's also why they have all these troubles getting guys to get to the brass bring, because anyone who grabs the brass ring, they have this guy with a hammer who's hammering people's fingers as they try to climb, as opposed to helping them up which should be their job.

Because it's a pretty apt analogy.

I never really liked Ric Flair. It's like, he's proficient of course and you can respect his dedication, but he always came across as a megacreep, even when he was face. Even moreso than Lawler, and Lawler is really creepy.

Don't judge him from what he was like the last decade or so.

Flair 78-91 was the greatest wrestler I have ever seen. In and out of the ring.

Top Bottom