• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

December Wrasslin' |OT| PUT A Z-PAK ON THE THREAD, PAL. YOU'RE WORKING TONIGHT

• Thread starter Deleted member 47027
  • Start date

Ithil

It really was fucking dumb, mind.
Failed to promote the NXT show or the Network, made Charlotte the champion into a nobody immediately, and squandered the good the NXT women's division has done.

Anth0ny

When Meltzer described the WWE as a giant hammer hitting people's fingers while they try to grasp the Brass Ring, I laughed. Then I sadfaced.

Same. It's so true.

Dave Meltzer on Charlotte's debut on Raw:

"That was probably the dumbest thing I've perhaps ever seen on a wrestling show in my life."

jeeeeeeeeeeeeeesus

and that's saying something. dude lives and breathes wrasslin, and has done so for like 40 years.

god damn wwe is so bad right now.

Heel

Just this Cena one, as far as I'm aware. What other stuff have I aired recently? Or are you buying into me thinking Sunflower is a Bully/Racist/Bigot?

I'm not about to go through your post history but it was noticeable enough for me to comment. Maybe I'm working myself into a shoot (or white knighting, if ya weil), but it comes across as borderline fixation.

bjork

Cena has done more for wrestling than Meltzer, I'll say that much. Paid to basically write forum posts. Nice work if you can get it.

One thing is true in life and that is WWE will fuck up anything that is handed to them in a hand basket, ie Charlotte. Why people still watch this and get hopeful for anything is beyond me.

Is Meltzer ripping the WWE for burying Charlotte on RAW-----Their fkn NXT champ?

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm Whos lovely call was that one?

I think I am going to take a break. Im really pissed today.

tumblr_ngbwge8Hsh1qe3r0vo2_1280.jpg

'Murica.

DMczaf

Meltzer's description of how the Charlotte match went down backstage is probably right on the money too.

Agent took away all her athletic moves (or probably doesn't even know her moveset) and gave her the figure four and chops (which she doesnt do in NXT) because "Uh....what is Ric Flair famous for? Figure four and chops. Do those, because Ric does that too."

I hope Meltzer looks more into that Charlotte match.

I'm not about to go through your post history but it was noticeable enough for me to comment. Maybe I'm working myself into a shoot (or white knighting, if ya weil) but it comes across as borderline fixation.

I think you're working yourself into being worked. I have no beef with Sunflower, even if sometimes his 'Vince McMahoning' is a little grating. But Sunflower is fine. Perhaps my posts don't come across as 'joking' though, so perhaps that's something I can work on. We're all a happy family here, Heel. I wouldn't want Sunflower banned for real, I would hope you and he would recognise this.

Do I think he's a bully? Not really.
Do I think he's a bigot? Not at all.

Charlotte getting squashed in her hometown in her debut with zero build-up is exactly why I stopped watching NXT. They all turn to trash when they hit the main roster, so why invest?

Charlotte's still at NXT though, right? I just don't think a random Charlotte appearance and win over Natalya would have really done anything to promote the upcoming special event....it wouldn't have hurt either.

If they really wanted to promote NXT, then they should do a minute or so recap on Raw....they certainly have the time for it. They don't even promote their network outside of their own programming.

Heel

From what I gather, Charlotte debuted, got beat, then shoot cried in Triple H's arms? I will watch and give my opinion.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I think you're working yourself into being worked. I have no beef with Sunflower, even if sometimes his 'Vince McMahoning' is a little grating. But Sunflower is fine. Perhaps my posts don't come across as 'joking' though, so perhaps that's something I can work on. We're all a happy family here, Heel. I wouldn't want Sunflower banned for real, I would hope you and he would recognise this.

I'm definitely a bully. I'm being completely legit about the Cena talk and people caught feelings over it. Love him or hate him, you've got to _________ him.

Cena sucks and will continue to suck. He's a great corporate lap dog and can shill the fuck out of merch.

He's not even in the same universe as Flair when it comes down to promos and in ring ability. I'd love for someone to try to argue that.

Title wins mean jackshit. But good lord will they pile on about Cena breaking Flair's record.

Cena has been the captain of a listless ship for 10 years.

Charlotte getting squashed in her hometown in her debut with zero build-up is exactly why I stopped watching NXT. They all turn to trash when they hit the main roster, so why invest?

Watch and enjoy NXT as a separate promotion, don't miss out on what good it has due to what might happen in WWE months/years down the line.

Heel

HrdLW.gif

Maybe I read a string of posts that misrepresented you. I apologize.

Cena sucks and will continue to suck. He's a great corporate lap dog and can shill the fuck out of merch.

He's not even in the same universe as Flair when it comes down to promos and in ring ability. I'd love for someone to try to argue that.

Title wins mean jackshit. But good lord will they pile on about Cena breaking Flair's record.

Cena has been the captain of a listless ship for 10 years.

Honestly this is all I was trying to say before I got angry about it.

I'm definitely a bully. I'm being completely legit about the Cena talk and people caught feelings over it. Love him or hate him, you've got to _________ him.

I attribute the bullying to your 'Vince McMahoning', the man behind the gimmick is fine though. Sometimes. I'm legit shook Heel thought there was beef though. The Cena talks needs more air time, and expanded on when you come back - the title reigns and number of titles is a silly thing to focus on, as far as I'm concerned. The bigger picture around is what I'd find important.

Has Cena done more harm than good for the WWE in that regards? I believe so. It might not be entirely his fault, but then he's never stood up for anyone (as far as we know) in the locker room gave them a real 'push'/'rub'.

HrdLW.gif

Maybe I read a string of posts that misrepresented you. I apologize.

It's fine.

Toki767

So how is Reigns going to sell merchandise? His outfit isn't exactly shirt friendly. Are WWE just going to start selling vests?

jred2k

From what I gather, Charlotte debuted, got beat, then shoot cried in Triple H's arms? I will watch and give my opinion.

She lost in three minutes to a roll-up. It isn't just that she lost, it was the way it was done. The stupidity is compounded by the fact that NXT, and specifically the upcoming special, should be a major attraction for their failing network. Instead, they made her look like a run-of-the-mill loser that no one should go out of their way to see. The tag match they used to promote the NXT special in September was an infinitely better showcase.

Not make the NXT look like a complete joke?

They had the NXT Womens Champion look like a geek, and that's suppose to make me think NXT is the future?

Eh, I can see that. I was thinking about it from a promotional standpoint. A good match is a good match. But yeah, she is the champ and I can see how that doesn't make sense.

Are there any rumors as to when Charlotte is gonna debut on the main roster?

Hasney

Charlotte could have made Brock tap to a figure four and it wouldn't have mattered. They'd forget that happened and have one of the Bellas beat her.

Ithil

Charlotte's still at NXT though, right? I just don't think a random Charlotte appearance and win over Natalya would have really done anything to promote the upcoming special event....it wouldn't have hurt either.

If they really wanted to promote NXT, then they should do a minute or so recap on Raw....they certainly have the time for it. They don't even promote their network outside of their own programming.

Her losing a three minute match to a rollup sure as shit didn't do anything to promote the event.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I attribute the bullying to your 'Vince McMahoning', the man behind the gimmick is fine though. Sometimes. I'm legit shook Heel thought there was beef though. The Cena talks needs more air time, and expanded on when you come back - the title reigns and number of titles is a silly thing to focus on, as far as I'm concerned. The bigger picture around is what I'd find important.

Has Cena done more harm than good for the WWE in that regards? I believe so. It might not be entirely his fault, but then he's never stood up for anyone (as far as we know) in the locker room gave them a real 'push'/'rub'.
I don't do any gimmick posting except in OT threads about poors.

Cena is a savior to the business, but poison to diehard fans and smarks. He's buried some people that diehard fans (like myself) take issue with but he has CERTAINLY done more for wrestling than he's hurt, easily. I'm posting on mobile in the damn Blood Institute waiting room and I'm bored to tears, so I figured I'd write some more.

Getting back to the title reign thing, again, winning it many times means nothing to me personally. Like I said it means you've lost it almost as many times. It's the night, the circumstances around when you did win or lose it that matter. Big, giant "changing of the guard" moments, and more.

John 'Billboard' Cena

Cap
T-shirt
Armbands
Bicep bands
head bands
and now a hand towel, because you know... we all need a hand towel.

All that is left are Cena Jorts, gym socks and lowtop trainers.

I can rationalize WWE's handling of Charlotte's Raw debut in a clear and concise manner that will convince you it was the right move if you currently feel it was a mistake.

All you have to do is send me a one-time payment of $4.99 and I will promptly send you a private message containing my write-up.

Ithil

So how is Reigns going to sell merchandise? His outfit isn't exactly shirt friendly. Are WWE just going to start selling vests?

They can sell a Roman Reigns themed gun, so fans can blow their brains out when they have to see a 20 minute Reigns match.

jred2k

John 'Billboard' Cena

Cap
T-shirt
Armbands
Bicep bands
head bands
and now a hand towel, because you know... we all need a hand towel.

All that is left are Cena Jorts, gym socks and lowtop trainers.

You've underestimated them.

Don't forget your texting gloves!

I can rationalize WWE's handling of Charlotte's Raw debut in a clear and concise manner that will convince you it was the right move if you currently feel it was a mistake.

All you have to do is send me a one-time payment of $4.99 and I will promptly send you a private message containing my write-up.

What's your PayPal?

DMczaf

I can see WWE creative looking like they were dividing by zero when they booked that Charlotte match.

"We are in the Carolinas, so she has to lose, but she's promoting a WWE Network event, so she has to win, but she's making her Raw debut so she has to lose, but she's pretty hot so she has to win, but she's a champion so she has to lose...

...she has to win, but she has to lose...she has to win, but she has to lose...she has to win, but she has to lose...she has to win, but she has to lose...she has to win, but she has to lose...she has to win, but she has to lose...she has to win, but she has to lose...she has to win, but she has to lose...she has to win, but she has to lose...she has to win, but she has to lose...she has to win, but she has to lose...she has to win, but she has to lose...she has to win, but she has to lose...she has to win, but she has to lose...she has to win, but she has to lose...she has to win, but she has to lose...she has to win, but she has to lose...she has to win, but she has to lose...she has to win, but she has to lose...she has to win, but she has to lose...she has to win, but she has to lose...she has to win, but she has to lose...she has to win, but she has to lose...she has to win, but she has to lose...she has to win, but she has to lose..."

I don't do any gimmick posting except in OT threads about poors.

Cena is a savior to the business, but poison to diehard fans and smarks. He's buried some people that diehard fans (like myself) take issue with but he has CERTAINLY done more for wrestling than he's hurt, easily. I'm posting on mobile in the damn Blood Institute waiting room and I'm bored to tears, so I figured I'd write some more.

Getting back to the title reign thing, again, winning it many times means nothing to me personally. Like I said it means you've lost it almost as many times. It's the night, the circumstances around when you did win or lose it that matter. Big, giant "changing of the guard" moments, and more.

What has he done though? Sure he's granted x amount of wishes. But what has he done for wrestling? You keep saying this, but what has he done? He's the 'clean face' the 'media' darling, etc, but how has that helped WWE?
Has the perception of wrestling changed in the 10 years under Cena's reign? Not really. It's not seen as 'cool'. It's not seen as 'Mass Appeal'. The few times Wrestling has crossed boundries between sports it's been because of other wrestlers (Daniel Bryan, CM Punk, etc).

John Cena is the most vanilla (irony) wrestler and persona going. Almost to the point this nice guy image is manufactured and fake, which is compounded by the fact that he's the figurehead for a manufactured and fake 'sport'. So that's part of why I feel like he hasn't done as much as Ric Flair.
Perhaps my view of Flair is skewed as I've only lived through it via Documentaries, shoots, archive footage. Where as I've been there (more or less) every minute of John Cena's 10 years of apathy.
I get you're on mobile, so it'll be a pain to go into detail to explain why you think the way you do, but when you get back I hope you revisit this discussion... as I'm truly baffled.

Top Bottom