• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

December Wrasslin' |OT| PUT A Z-PAK ON THE THREAD, PAL. YOU'RE WORKING TONIGHT

• Thread starter Deleted member 47027
  • Start date
Why are folks more worked up about this than Roman Reigns winning?????

tekken7-luckychloe-stream-1.png

She's basically a blonde Xiaoyu lol, maybe I'm just not reading into it further than I should.

Vylash

Anyone excited about Charlotte on the main roster must be so fucking sad right now. Without fail...

-Emma
-Paige

...and soon Charlotte. As sad as it is, Nikki Bella is more interesting than any Diva on the roster right now.
no! they're not gonna mess charlotte up, not this time

iFrwYl9OdAYXW.gif

fuck

Hasney

I mean I'm not offended by it or some shit, I just think it's a dumb character design
that reeks of pandering to the 10000 year old demon crowd.

Yeah, but it's Tekken. They actually have more shit designed characters than good ones.

I don't like her either, but there's no reason she shouldn't be in Tekken of all games.

Yeah, but it's Tekken. They actually have more shit designed characters than good ones.

I don't like her either, but there's no reason she shouldn't be in Tekken of all games.

The games have Jackie Chan, Blade, and an android girl with chainsaw arms. Its MO is just throwing zany shit at the wall.

Alucard

Banned
Totally don't get people excited over Bayley getting called up. They'll ruin her just like the rest.

Vince doesn't care about women's wrestling. Never has. Never will. Deal with it. How many decades of bullshit do you have to deal with before facing the truth? Sure, once in a while we get AJ/Kaitlyn or Lita/Trish, but how often does that happen, and how often is that just because of the performers involved and not the booking?

Hasney

I liked a lot of Street Fighter, but that could just be nostalgia talking.

Obviously that doesn't include the new challengers added to SF4. Fucking Rufus and C. Viper.

I can get behind a lucha chef though.

XenoRaven

RE: Promoting NXT on RAW.

I've thought about this to some extent and I would definitely like to see more crossover. Video packages would be OK. Actual matches would be sweet. They could even have "callup" matches on RAW where guys get to show their stuff to the audience and the winner gets called up.

Anything has to be better than NXT people just showing up on RAW, no one knowing the character or the gimmick, and the guys in back wondering why they're not getting over.

Alucard

Banned
Gonna start watching the second part of NJPW Tag League from Dec 7 tonight. You puro marks better be right about the show getting better. Right now, I only remember Maria and Captain New Japan having some funny moments from the whole first hour and 10 minutes of the show.

Alucard

Banned

I've thought about this to some extent and I would definitely like to see more crossover. Video packages would be OK. Actual matches would be sweet. They could even have "callup" matches on RAW where guys get to show their stuff to the audience and the winner gets called up.

Anything has to be better than NXT people just showing up on RAW, no one knowing the character or the gimmick, and the guys in back wondering why they're not getting over.

Have a tournament on NXT where the final two get to have a match on Raw, and the winner of that match gets a main roster spot. Have it promoted on Raw as a big deal the week before, and recap the tournament a bit too.

But that would make sense and actually be interesting and easy to get invested in.

Hasney

Why though? Raw right now is a cesspool and while them having more exposure is great for them, we lose out because we have a good talent from a good show doing fuck all on a bad show.

somedevil

Here is the final TLC card:

Cena vs Rollins Tables
Bray vs Ambrose TLC
Harper vs Ziggler Ladder
Ryback vs Kane Chairs
Big Show vs Rowan Stairs
Usos vs Miz/Mizdow
Aj vs Nikki
Rusev vs Swagger

Preshow: New Day vs Dust Brothers

Pretty good card.

Toki767

It's pretty silly that the main event of a TLC PPV isn't a TLC match but instead it is a Tables match even though there is a TLC match on the show.

It's pretty silly that the main event of a TLC PPV isn't a TLC match but instead it is a Tables match even though there is a TLC match on the show.
When did this trend of naming the PPVs after matches start? Seems pretty silly and lacks creativity.

Wait, there's a stairs match? Whatever happened to good ol' hardcore matches?

kiguel182

At this point wrestlers should be afraid when they are called up to Raw.

Remember Bo Dallas? He was great on NXT and he now he is barely on TV.

KissVibes

Banned
Taking a look at Tumblr and seeing people talk about Roman slaying and how "internet" fans are the worst for picking on him when he'd had "the best year of any wrestler" is a great way to want to never watch WWE again.

XenoRaven

Why though? Raw right now is a cesspool and while them having more exposure is great for them, we lose out because we have a good talent from a good show doing fuck all on a bad show.
They're going to get called up eventually. They can't stay on NXT forever. So if they get called up, it might as well be with some context as opposed to "hey crowd here's a guy you've never seen" and then having the commentary team just say "hey that guy's from NXT!" It doesn't do anything for them.

Fox318

At this point wrestlers should be afraid when they are called up to Raw.

Remember Bo Dallas? He was great on NXT and he now he is barely on TV.

Talent out of NXT can't get over because the WWE creative writers don't like any idea that isn't their own.

Plus if I was talent I would straight up refuse to work with Big Show. He has injured way too many people and if this was back when dudes like Undertaker were in the locker room his ass would have been fired.

Kane's lucky he didn't get a stairs match.

ibnPk6PV6BWc8x.gif

Only thing I don't like about naming the PPVs after the match types is it devalues the matches by shoehorning unworthy feuds into them (Hell in a Cell is the biggest victim). But it makes sense from a marketing perspective. I know there are a bunch of people that occasionally dip back into wrestling only to see people get put through tables. But, come on, it does kind of spice up these shitty cards, doesn't it?

Top Bottom