• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

December Wrasslin' |OT| PUT A Z-PAK ON THE THREAD, PAL. YOU'RE WORKING TONIGHT

• Thread starter Deleted member 47027
  • Start date

Hasney

Kane's lucky he didn't get a stairs match.

ibnPk6PV6BWc8x.gif

Only thing I don't like about naming the PPVs after the match types is it devalues the matches by shoehorning unworthy feuds into them (Hell in a Cell is the biggest victim). But it makes sense from a marketing perspective. I know there are a bunch of people that occasionally dip back into wrestling only to see people get put through tables. But, come on, it does kind of spice up these shitty cards, doesn't it?

Yeah, agree with that. It used to be something special when a feud has gotten to the point where it needs to be settled in a cage or the cell, now they just make sure Night of Champions feuds are carried over to October. Elimination Chamber is a joke of an event too.

Should just be the Rumble, MITB and Survivor Series that have gimmick matches for the event and the rest just happen naturally.

Raw64life

It was especially ridiculous last year that the most recent Cena/Orton feud BEGAN with a TLC match to unify the titles and then ended with a regular 1 on 1 match.

Just sold Smash Bros. with that Gamecube controller adapter for $160.

The system works!

Nintendo are DUMB AS FUCK.

Hey lets sell cheap arse figures to the morons who eat all our shit up, price them cheap enough so even those who don't give a fuck about our games any more will buy them for a quick nostalgia hit, chuck them up on the shelf and remember the good ole times.

Oh lets not meet demand though, lets leave that money on the table for resellers. Why would we want that money! Do the same with the nostalgia inducing controllers too, fuck maximising revenue.

Fuck. >_<

I can only assume Ninty were worried about demand being low and seeing amiibos and adaptors/controllers sitting on shelves wasting away like Skylanders or something. I highly doubt these things cost them much money though ffs.

No PS4 deal?
Nah X1 version is being given away by MS for free in bundles so the market is flooded with X1 copies while the PS4 version is still full price.

I just saw on Twitter that Elimination Chamber will be replaced by WWE Fast Lane.

What was that show again that Stro reviewed in which they wrestled on a truck? That should be the gimmick of that show.

You know what, that would be awesome. Better than the dry shit we get at the moment. I'm crying out for a hook here of some kind, gimme a gimmick, gimme a reason to tune in rather than just catch the highlights of the inring stuff.

None of Cena's title wins matter. Only a couple of Flair's matter. The only times title wins really matter is when a guy gets the "Thanks for the hard work" reward like Bryan at WM30, Eddie at NWO 2004, Benoit at WM20, Bret's first win, and things of that manner. When it is a reward to both the wrestler and the fans. Flair trading the title back and forth in the 80s didn't mean shit. Cena trading the title back and forth with Edge/Orton doesn't mean shit.

Sting beating Flair for the title for the first time matters. Macho winning the tournament at WM4 matters.

That's definitely when the belt feels like it has more prestige and power, when having it on a guy gets a huge pop.

Eddie & Benoit getting their titles were really magical moments. Felt really invested in that experience.

Zach

watch the Live Specials (ArRival, Takeover, Takeover 2: Fatal-4-Way) and then just jump onboard the episodes as they come out

nah, but i'm also buying it because of the hype. it's only $10 too

I got it for $6 during the initial pricing error. Feels good. : )

Nintendo are DUMB AS FUCK.

Hey lets sell cheap arse figures to the morons who eat all our shit up, price them cheap enough so even those who don't give a fuck about our games any more will buy them for a quick nostalgia hit, chuck them up on the shelf and remember the good ole times.

Oh lets not meet demand though, lets leave that money on the table for resellers. Why would we want that money! Do the same with the nostalgia inducing controllers too, fuck maximising revenue.

Fuck. >_<

I can only assume Ninty were worried about demand being low and seeing amiibos and adaptors/controllers sitting on shelves wasting away like Skylanders or something. I highly doubt these things cost them much money though ffs.

Nah X1 version is being given away by MS for free in bundles so the market is flooded with X1 copies while the PS4 version is still full price.

I don't know if their fear was low demand of amibos so much as maximizing self space. There's like 40 plus smash characters.

Ninty and MS proving wily in the face of being crushed by the PS4: amiibos and minecraft acquisition respectively were some warioware smooth moves.

I miss anything during the slammys? was knocked out from getting a buncha fillings retouched and braces put on >[

Nekofrog

Banned
for the extremely small overlap between wrasslegaf and league gaf, a new lucha skin is being released for the champion "Braum" in league of legends

bra23.jpg

So is Michael Hayes a big part of the problem?

Certainly seems that way, not sure what good he is doing!

WCW(post Ted Turner funding) at its worst is still so aggressive about it. Like, WWE will have a dumb matchup or hype or promo and it'll just be boring. WCW will at least make you laugh about it. And I'm happy if I'm laughing, whether they intended it or not.

I'd be happy to have some fun and have a laugh with current WWE. It's just so dry and stupid. Live it up a little guys and gals!

Why are folks more worked up about this than Roman Reigns winning?????

tekken7-luckychloe-stream-1.png

Sexist pigs were fine with a bear, a panda, an android, a devil/angel, a genetically engineered kangaroo and dinosaur, Gon and a fucking Ogre. But a chick wearing a cat outfit? CROSSED THE FUCKING LINE.

I don't know if their fear was low demand of amibos so much as maximizing self space. There's like 40 plus smash characters.

I'm fine with the staggered rollout of figures, that makes sense from a revenue drawing perspective (consumers can't drop a ton o cash all at once) but the fact that half the release has a low print run really sucks. At the very least Nintendo should be telling retailers when the stock will be replenished rather than it slowly leaking out that they aren't doing another print run of those figures.

Has Xbox rebounded from their initial fiasco? Seems like things are pretty steady for them now, no?

Since they dropped the Kinect so they could drop the price effectively $100 in the eyes of the consumer (which funnily enough is how they pushed the 360 at launch compared to the feature packed PS3) and dropped another $50 off the price in a lot of places to make it cheaper than the PS4 it has done well.
Especially when they bundle in like 2-5 games for no extra cost. When people see both consoles at the same price but the X1 comes with 1-5 games more than the PS4 it's a clear cut winner to consumers.

So Im trying out this Flipps app on my Android phone and streaming to my 360 to see how it is for Wrestle Kingdom and jesus christ its laggy as hell

anyone else going this route to watch WK9?

What was your favorite return at the Slammy Awards?

7%
John Laurinaitis

11%
Ricky "The Dragon" Steamboat

57%
Roman Reigns

25%
Rob Van Dam

IF this is real, the fact that an old busted RVD got half the vote Reigns did isn't very impressive. Look at the competition, a guy pushed as hard as Reigns should be getting 80%

Fox318

IF this is real, the fact that an old busted RVD got half the vote Reigns did isn't very impressive. Look at the competition, a guy pushed as hard as Reigns should be getting 80%

RVD wore a suit.

Something I'm sure he's never had to do outside of a court appearance.

I remember wondering if we were gonna take bets on when AJ and Punk get divorced but it never occurred to me until this UFC news that Punk may die before that.

Top Bottom