• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

December Wrasslin' |OT| PUT A Z-PAK ON THE THREAD, PAL. YOU'RE WORKING TONIGHT

• Thread starter Deleted member 47027
  • Start date

Raw64life

I like how the episode of Monday Night Wars airing on the network right now is all about how having a deep roster where everyone, not just the main eventers, matters to fans is super important.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I like how the episode of Monday Night Wars airing on the network right now is all about how having a deep roster where everyone, not just the main eventers, matters to fans is super important.

Every episode of Monday Night Wars highlights the weaknesses of modern Raw.

Sephzilla

If you replaces "WCW" with "Modern WWE" I dont think half of the episodes change at all

sig14_dean_ambrose_pic2.jpg

OY BRAY WYATT YOU LOOKIN FOR A FOIGHT?!?!?

Vee_One

Every episode of Monday Night Wars highlights the weaknesses of modern Raw.

Pretty much. I don't see how they can continually screw this up and get it so wrong. At one point every segment had a purpose and now I can watch Raw in 30 minutes or less because their is no reason to give a shit.

Showaddy

If you replaces "WCW" with "Modern WWE" I dont think half of the episodes change at all

It simply amazes me that Vince & Co. apparently have no idea what they're doing wrong and why the product sucks when NXT and these Monday Night Wars episodes are being pumped out right under their noses.

strobogo

Banned
There are some dense mother fuckers to not understand why Cena is going to end up more important than Flair. It has nothing at all to do with talent. AT ALL. It's about accessibility. It's about the difference of your prime being local tv and house shows era and your prime being global television and touring with instant access and social media. Fucking dolts.

It's the same reason why Hulk Hogan is more important than Lou Thesz.

There are some dense mother fuckers to not understand why Cena is going to end up more important than Flair. It has nothing at all to do with talent. AT ALL. It's about accessibility. It's about the difference of your prime being local tv and house shows era and your prime being global television and touring with instant access and social media. Fucking dolts.

It's the same reason why Hulk Hogan is more important than Lou Thesz.

idyj1aBdgy3Uu.gif

If commentary has taught me anything over the years it's that it's a numbers game. And Cena is going to overthrow that drunkard any day now with the number of most world titles.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Flair and Inoki drew more in Korea than anything John Cena's ever drew in his career though if we want to go that route. Cena might be in an era of being more accessible but then you could say Stone Cold or Hogan was more important because wrestling was at its biggest.

Flair and Inoki drew more in Korea than anything John Cena's ever drew in his career though if we want to go that route. Cena might be in an era of being more accessible but then you could say Stone Cold or Hogan was more important because wrestling was at its biggest.

Debbie Henry is GOAT crush.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
It's nice being able to force peasants to attend a sporting event to set a meaningless record.

Japan has enough legit tv records for wrasslin though.

How much do you think it would cost to make Brock a full time WWE star, that appears regularly on RAWs and PPVs? $10 million a year + merch and a percentage of buys?

strobogo

Banned
The Korea show got filled up on under the thread of death, so that's a weird one to hold up as some big proof. And it wouldn't matter anyway. I really don't understand why so many can't understand this. Just being mark ass marks.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
How can someone be the most important when wrestling wasn't at its most popular when he's the face of the company? It is a business and if it's not drawing the most money it's ever drawn with Cena at the front of it, he's not the most important. He's static, filler, forgettable outside of length.

You're giving him way too much credit for the sake of being contrary.

UberTag

At least if things don't work out with Nikki, Cena has a fallback option with Daphne.
Good for him.
How can someone be the most important when wrestling wasn't at its most popular when he's the face of the company? It is a business and if it's not drawing the most money it's ever drawn with Cena at the front of it, he's not the most important. He's static, filler, forgettable outside of length.

If people in this thread weren't posting just for the sake of being contrary, we'd have nothing to talk about.

tm24

So ima post here before i post in the BST thread, but if anyone wants to buy a Nvidia pick your path code for FC4 (because let's be honest, its the only good game in the bunch) for $25, hit me up

strobogo

Banned

There is nothing contrarian about it. It's the same logic as why Hogan is more important than Bruno. Despite the "down" period of WWE, they reach more people on a weekly basis than Flair ever could in the 80s and even 90s. John Cena is more of a world wide star than Ric Flair ever even had the chance to be.

Sephzilla

There is nothing contrarian about it. It's the same logic as why Hogan is more important than Bruno. Despite the "down" period of WWE, they reach more people on a weekly basis than Flair ever could in the 80s and even 90s. John Cena is more of a world wide star than Ric Flair ever even had the chance to be.

This has nothing to do with the business and has everything to do with the fact that the world is just simply a lot smaller than it was during the Flair and Bruno days. Cena is the beneficiary of the era he was born into.

Alucard

Banned
Jay Lethal is the longest-reigning ROH Television Champion in history. He has won 20 straight defenses in 8 months.

t819l3UM.jpeg

One of my favourite wrestlers and runs in 2014. Not even joking. Never thought I'd say that about Jay Lethal.

JavyOO7

I would love to see the numbers on how much revenue the WWE has posted every year. It would give me an idea on how big the company is...

Top Bottom