• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

December Wrasslin' |OT| PUT A Z-PAK ON THE THREAD, PAL. YOU'RE WORKING TONIGHT

• Thread starter Deleted member 47027
  • Start date

jred2k

Also, I wonder what type of shit Cena complains about. And Orton.

Money. Having to do house shows. Shitty checks now that the network cut out PPV. Getting enough screen time it will allow them to push their merch.

If the CM Punk podcast is anything to go by, all of the wrestler's complaints lead back to money and how they can be making more.

Is it? Rock's best acting role was in a straight to DVD movie (Frankman's biopic)

That came out to theaters just after Elimination Chamber 2013 or WM29. Can't remember which one it was.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Wrestlers who could sell me on Audio Books

1) Scott Steiner
2) The Poffo Brothers. Lanny would read the text, but Randy would read the dialogue
3) Bobby Heenan but before the cancer because I couldn't understand him sadly.
4) Nailz
5) Thuperthar Billy Graham
6) Paul Bearer
7) Scott Hall

jmdajr

Money. Having to do house shows. Shitty checks now that the network cut out PPV. Getting enough screen time it will allow them to push their merch.

If the CM Punk podcast is anything to go by, all of the wrestler's complaints lead back to money and how they can be making more.

That came out to theaters just after Elimination Chamber 2013 or WM29. Can't remember which one it was.

Well not all. Some are still afraid of saying anything.

Nekofrog

Banned

1) Scott Steiner
2) The Poffo Brothers. Lanny would read the text, but Randy would read the dialogue
4) Nailz
6) Paul Bearer
7) Scott Hall

8) Normal Smiley, if they can fit wiggle gifs onto e-readers in all the margins on every page

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
And you know what's fun to think about? What wrestlers are doing when they're not wrestling. I don't mean the person themself. I mean the actual wrestler character. I guess the comic books kind of cover that, but I'd buy a kayfabe book of all their exploits. Like what is Big Bossman doing when he's not wrasslin? Is he still running the prison ward? Is he constantly spying on Big Show to troll him? What did Billy Graham do in the 70s when he wasn't wrestling? Take drugs, work out, and fuck women? These are the questions.

Or is he taming space tigers in his free time?
tumblr_mxge2ciQdS1qb5oheo1_500.jpg

LOL at people asking which one is Konnor and which one is Viktor (and EURGH at those spellings). Yeah, physically they look very different, but... they're both as bland as bland can be. It's not so much that you can't tell them apart, so much as... who can be fucking bothered to learn which one is which?

jred2k

Sorry Jericho and Steve, I bought a shit ton of things from Amazon this weekend and never used your show links once. Sorry...but I guess I didn't show any love..not even a little.

Guess you'll just have to buy a BSR shirt and a Fozzy cd to atone.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
LOL at people asking which one is Konnor and which one is Viktor (and EURGH at those spellings). Yeah, physically they look very different, but... they're both as bland as bland can be. It's not so much that you can't tell them apart, so much as... who can be fucking bothered to learn which one is which?

Sounds like they'll fit right in with the WWE tag division
raw1045_exclu_uso_2.jpg

Alucard

Banned
The New Day excitement reminds me of the Adam Rose exotic express excitement and how people were posting about beings rosebuds and lemons. Guaranteed people stop talking about New Day in 4 weeks.

Sounds like they'll fit right in with the WWE tag division
raw1045_exclu_uso_2.jpg

well, Gold and Star are nice and distinct. New Day! They are too. Miz and Mizdow... obviously which is which is pretty apparent. Slater Gator... yep. Nice and apparent.

But yeah, the Usos and Los Matadores (apart from El Torito) are completely interchangeable.

The tag division is in a bad way and has been for ages. Still, I'm not complaining about better tag teams being left down in NXT, where things are a bit better (still not great, but NXT tag just got better with Ascension leaving).

Rodeo Clown

All aboard! The Love train!
The New Day excitement reminds me of the Adam Rose exotic express excitement and how people were posting about beings rosebuds and lemons. Guaranteed people stop talking about New Day in 4 weeks.

The only thing over about Rose was his music. I think people actually like Big E.

Xater

Don't know if this was posted already. From the Observer:

Regarding English commentary on New Japan World, it was addressed last night and Takaaki Kidani said they were looking into doing so.

strobogo

Banned
It's kind of amazing how all the major angles from Summerslam were undermined or reversed by Survivor Series.

Nikki turns on Brie, now they're reunited apparently.

Seth and Dean have both moved on

Brock crushes Big Show, Taker, and Cena, then a month later has a ton of trouble with Cena and would have lost without Seth interfering. And now he's been gone for 3 months.

Seth and Cena are both stuck in a hold pattern with each other waiting for the champion to actually come to work

Roman is out hurt and Orton turned face before being taken off TV

Jericho is gone

Authority is out of power

Fox318

It's kind of amazing how all the major angles from Summerslam were undermined or reversed by Survivor Series.

Nikki turns on Brie, now they're reunited apparently.

Seth and Dean have both moved on

Brock crushes Big Show, Taker, and Cena, then a month later has a ton of trouble with Cena and would have lost without Seth interfering. And now he's been gone for 3 months.

Seth and Cena are both stuck in a hold pattern with each other waiting for the champion to actually come to work

Roman is out hurt and Orton turned face before being taken off TV

Jericho is gone

Authority is out of power

And Swagger

Sephzilla

Is it wrong that the Usos doc on the Network actually made me hate them more?

"Uncle Umaga saved our lives"

He saved your lives from having to do a normal fucking 9-5 job, that's all.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Is it wrong that the Usos doc on the Network actually made me hate them more?

"Uncle Umaga saved our lives"

He saved your lives from having to do a normal fucking 9-5 job, that's all.

I actually give a shit about them now, Umaga though <3 UMAGAAAAAAAA

1) Scott Steiner
4) Nailz
6) Paul Bearer
7) Scott Hall

You'd need subtitles for much of them, and that's very impossible. That said, I agree almost entirely with your list. ESPECIALLY if they're in character.

Just out of curiosity, has anyone here seen Scott Steiner's old website? It's absolutely hilarious, and... In a way, exactly what you'd expect.

http://www.bootydaddy.com/home2.htm

http://www.prowrestlingtees.com/cmpunk

He needs to figure out a way to collaborate with WWE on his new shirts. These designs are fucking terrible.

Ick. The flag one would be alright without the writing but these are some low grade designs, like clip art looking shit right here.

Really sad to see.

Fuck it, does the WWE Punk shirt have anything on the back? Might grab one during the sale today. $30 before the code ain't bad.

There's about 20 or so from pre-96.

And a whole bunch of Hulk Hogan matches you won't find on the network.
How recommended are the Hogan matches? Tempted to jump onboard anyway to check out another production I've never seen before and the price is damn good.

Omega

Banned
It is fucking sad that 3 talented black dude are doing a dumb fucking preaching a dancing in the 2014,

is xavier woods actually talented? i saw him like 3 times on NXT and he was just getting squashed by brodus clay

actually the only reason I even know of Xavier is that he was at some arcade/game shop (dont remember which) playing Street Fighter with people. he mentioned he was a wrestler so i looked him up

Yeesh, those Punk shirts are straight up urgly. I also love that there's a pipe bomb shirt, when he just buried "pipe bombs" on the podcast. The only one that I'd get is the D.A.R.E inspired shirt, but I'm not wearing anything with "motherfucker" on it.

I like Viktor. His look is fine and he seems capable. Konnor is just the power and he got over with his yah kicks.

UberTag

Ick. The flag one would be alright without the writing but these are some low grade designs, like clip art looking shit right here.

Really sad to see.
Yeesh, those Punk shirts are straight up urgly. I also love that there's a pipe bomb shirt, when he just buried "pipe bombs" on the podcast. The only one that I'd get is the D.A.R.E inspired shirt, but I'm not wearing anything with "motherfucker" on it.
Those shirts are hot garbage.
They make Christian's last 5 years' worth of WWE shirts look like marketing masterworks by comparison.

Sephzilla

rofl, you're mad for no reason

I guess it just rubbed me the wrong way. They go from talking about how they were working a fairly normal sounding family business to breaking into the pro-wrestling world, and act like it saved their lives.

get out of here with that hot garbage, especially when you are benefiting from nepotism on both sides of that discussion.

How recommended are the Hogan matches? Tempted to jump onboard anyway to check out another production I've never seen before and the price is damn good.

His matches with Fujinami, Muta and Inoki are easily some of the best of his career, plus there's a few good tag matches and a match with Andre from '83 when Andre was a bit more mobile.

somedevil

is xavier woods actually talented? i saw him like 3 times on NXT and he was just getting squashed by brodus clay

actually the only reason I even know of Xavier is that he was at some arcade/game shop (dont remember which) playing Street Fighter with people. he mentioned he was a wrestler so i looked him up

He is decent. He worked at TNA as well as consequences creed and during a match he threw up in the middle of the ring.

Plus they announced for Raw a tag team turmoil for the number 1 contender spot. Here are the teams:

Rose and the bunny
Cesaro and Tyson Kidd
Usos
New Day
Rhodes Brothers

I wonder because from Smackdown the
Rhodes Brothers are teasing feuding with the new day so I expect the Usos to win

Marvel

could never
I could never hate the Usos they lack the personality required to create such an emotion inside of me.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Oh my, I just read the OP and saw we are getting an avatar Rumble soon. Yay.

Hopefully. My money situation is getting kinda weird. I'm having to funnel a lot of my money into my job, which is weird, but I'm coming out of it with all these insane designations that are going to allow me to pick and choose where I want to work, anywhere. A lot of money spent but it's going to pay off handsomely.

So I can't afford WWE2k15 right now :/ Yet.

Top Bottom